SportsWrath

Next Week could be the low point

JMFP

We should try punting less than 12 times, that might help.

The D had to be completely gassed by the 4th quarter. The O did no favours for the D.

Exactly, Joe, I enjoy seeing our linebackers all standing in the middle of the field not having a clue what to do. That is a great use of their presence on the field.

This is why I think the Giants have to blitz. These guys are too young to be trusted in coverage and be able to react to O situations. Blitzing is much easier to figure out. I don't think non-stop blitzes is a good idea but that soft zone is doing the Giants' D no favours.

I think we lose and lose BIG in New Orleans, but win a tight one against an undefeated Green Bay team.

The Giants ruined the "three-peat," crushed John Elway's hopes of an undefeated season, and dismantled the Patriots. They're the dream killers.

Giants' fans dreams. :P

Sorry, I just think 1.3 out of every 3 plays blitzing is plenty. If you want blitzes even more than that, become a Ravens or Steelers fan....they have the personnel to do it. Does this defensive personnel remind ANYONE of the Ravens or Steelers? Didn't think so.

I think if we let Brees have time, we have zero chance of stopping that offense. We could have twenty guys in coverage, and that fucker could still thread the needle. He's like Aaron Rodgers with that pinball wizard shit.

Instead, we need to get him moving his feet, pushing the pocket on him, and making him guess.......it's much more about being unpredictable on defense.....sacks would be best, but if not, forcing him to rush the throws, disrupt his footwork, or else force him to check down for minimal gains.

Otherwise, if he has time in the pocket, he'll be hitting shit all over the field.

If we can get pressure with 4.....terrific. If not, rush 5, or even 6 if that's what is needed to get it done.

Siimilarly, Giants need press coverage....jam the receivers at the line, as much to disrupt routes and timing patterns than anything else.

Either way, he's still going to get yardage. But the more he has to guess, or adjust, the better chances of slowing him down.

One thing that pisses me off about Fewell.....seems like he waits until late in the game to get aggressive. I'd much prefer if he gambled early....they might get burned, but nothing is worse than letting a QB get comfortable in the pocket early in the game.

Nothing like a little pressure to keep one's spirits up. I swear to God if Dallas takes this division I'll hang myself.

I don't know how they managed to win both of those games after being sorely outplayed the last 2 weeks. Teams can't seem to put them away. Miami is even worse than us at scoring from inside the 5 yard line. And I don't know what Matt Moore was thinking when he zinged that 3rd down pass on the first drive out of the back of the end zone with NO ONE within 10 yards of him and a clear lane to the end zone.

Those are the kinds of games that the Giants would have lost. Dallas was looking for a way to lose in both and still managed to stay close enough until the end.

Yeah, it's not about some magical blitzing ratio. It's situational. Fewell employs the blitz to stop the run far more than the pass. It's just those big downs when we need a stop, those situations, he seems to abandon any notion of bringing pressure. 3rd and 10, that's a great time to bring the heat, but he thinks it's a time to drop 8. Crazy. They won't get pressure with 4 so he'll try getting pressure with 3 :facepalm: .

Joe makes a good point, too. There's no problem if you can get pressure with just 4. But rushing 3 has never worked, and when 4 isn't working bring 5. Priority one against the pass should be getting pressure on the QB. Storm says these linebackers can't blitz. They looked pretty good to me, and Kiwi is a great blitzer. What they really can't do is play zone defense. That is the real deficiency when it comes to the linebackers. Because it doesn't matter so much if you don't time the blitz perfectly. As a blitzer, if you're not accounted for, you get a free pass to the QB. And if you are, you are creating someone else to come free, or at the very least, you are allowing JPP to have to defeat one blocker instead of two.

I also think JPP could have 15 or more sacks right now if Fewell got him in situations where he's not doubled, and also, not lined up as the nose tackle. Maybe it's just me, but I'd like our defensive tackles to play defensive tackle. Chris Canty is a good pass rusher, but he's not on the field many times in passing situations. JPP needs to be on the edge. I understand with Osi and Tuck also on the field somebody has to play inside, but if Fewell does one thing that can provide immediate results it would be to take those plays where he rushes 3 with Osi, JPP, and Tuck as the only pass rusher, and rip it out of the playbook. I don't mind that play if there's 4 seconds left and the offense is throwing a hail mary, but that's the only situation we should see it.

I think the extra rushers are going to be needed. Tuck isn't the same player right now and he's admitted that. Osi is hit or miss and Pierre-Paul certainly isn't a secret anymore and is getting extra attention every week. They all have the capability to go out and dominate on a given day or night but if the front 4 isn't getting it done on their own Monday Fewell needs to bring some help. If they decide to go with more men in coverage Brees will burn them bad anyway so we might as well take some chances.

Nothing like a little pressure to keep one's spirits up. I swear to God if Dallas takes this division I'll hang myself.

Jesus Christ...those fucking fish got my hopes up....and I was not really watching the game....it was one giant commercial for Broke Back Bullshit anyway....and to see that fuck on the field (Jerry Jones) I knew the Fish were going to lose....

And I don't know what Matt Moore was thinking when he zinged that 3rd down pass on the first drive out of the back of the end zone with NO ONE within 10 yards of him and a clear lane to the end zone.

I was wondering the same thing. Really ended up being the difference.

the low point will be when we lose the next 2 and are 6-6

( the only way back from there would be to win the last 4 ...........Dallas twice , Skins and Jets ) ......that would be ok .......probably win the division with 10-6 then .......but i'm dreaming i suppose

The Giants can beat the Saints. They need to split the next two games whether it be winning in New Orleans or ending Green Bay's undefeated season. If they end up 6-6 yeah, they would have to win out to take the division. Personally, I'm really tired of not winning games in big spots against good teams. If something is going to change it needs to happen now. 2007 has really skewed our view on this team. It wasn't a fluke and they legitimately outplayed every team they faced in the playoffs but since then we have come up incredibly small against the upper echelon teams in the league, the New England win notwithstanding. Coughlin will lose his job if they miss the playoffs so I'm hoping they get it together.

I think if we let Brees have time, we have zero chance of stopping that offense. We could have twenty guys in coverage, and that fucker could still thread the needle. He's like Aaron Rodgers with that pinball wizard shit.

Instead, we need to get him moving his feet, pushing the pocket on him, and making him guess.......it's much more about being unpredictable on defense.....sacks would be best, but if not, forcing him to rush the throws, disrupt his footwork, or else force him to check down for minimal gains.

Otherwise, if he has time in the pocket, he'll be hitting shit all over the field.

If we can get pressure with 4.....terrific. If not, rush 5, or even 6 if that's what is needed to get it done.

Siimilarly, Giants need press coverage....jam the receivers at the line, as much to disrupt routes and timing patterns than anything else.

Either way, he's still going to get yardage. But the more he has to guess, or adjust, the better chances of slowing him down.

One thing that pisses me off about Fewell.....seems like he waits until late in the game to get aggressive. I'd much prefer if he gambled early....they might get burned, but nothing is worse than letting a QB get comfortable in the pocket early in the game.

We can't blitz and if we do, we better get to him. He is good at rolling out and moving outside of the pocket, in fact most their scheme is planned that way. We do not have the personnel, that is going to get to him. I have to agree with Storm, We also can not drop our LB's back to cover

Graham. I don't even think we should play or LB's, I am calling for a 4-0-7 D.

Yeah, it's not about some magical blitzing ratio. It's situational. Fewell employs the blitz to stop the run far more than the pass. It's just those big downs when we need a stop, those situations, he seems to abandon any notion of bringing pressure. 3rd and 10, that's a great time to bring the heat, but he thinks it's a time to drop 8. Crazy. They won't get pressure with 4 so he'll try getting pressure with 3 :facepalm: .

Joe makes a good point, too. There's no problem if you can get pressure with just 4. But rushing 3 has never worked, and when 4 isn't working bring 5. Priority one against the pass should be getting pressure on the QB. Storm says these linebackers can't blitz. They looked pretty good to me, and Kiwi is a great blitzer. What they really can't do is play zone defense. That is the real deficiency when it comes to the linebackers. Because it doesn't matter so much if you don't time the blitz perfectly. As a blitzer, if you're not accounted for, you get a free pass to the QB. And if you are, you are creating someone else to come free, or at the very least, you are allowing JPP to have to defeat one blocker instead of two.

I also think JPP could have 15 or more sacks right now if Fewell got him in situations where he's not doubled, and also, not lined up as the nose tackle. Maybe it's just me, but I'd like our defensive tackles to play defensive tackle. Chris Canty is a good pass rusher, but he's not on the field many times in passing situations. JPP needs to be on the edge. I understand with Osi and Tuck also on the field somebody has to play inside, but if Fewell does one thing that can provide immediate results it would be to take those plays where he rushes 3 with Osi, JPP, and Tuck as the only pass rusher, and rip it out of the playbook. I don't mind that play if there's 4 seconds left and the offense is throwing a hail mary, but that's the only situation we should see it.

With these young players, sometimes you need to mask uncertainty with instinct and intensity. In other words, being aggressive can breed confidence and energy. Instead of guessing which teammate is going to cover whomever is running through the zones, they need to get up on their guy and starting making some plays.

Brees is going to burn the blitz.....but he will date rape the Giants if they don't bring any pressure....that's a certainty.

We can't blitz and if we do, we better get to him. He is good at rolling out and moving outside of the pocket, in fact most their scheme is planned that way. We do not have the personnel, that is going to get to him. I have to agree with Storm, We also can not drop our LB's back to cover

Graham. I don't even think we should play or LB's, I am calling for a 4-0-7 D.

I mostly think our defense is filled with at least one (LBs it is many) weakness at every level and that blitzing would expose those weaknesses and allow for a big play. Apparently, that's wrong of me, but it seems to be Fewell's theory, too. 17 points and 3 turnovers is good enough for me, and it's good enough to win most of the time.

lol at the 4-0-7 D. In fact, we might have even tried that against Indy last year :laugh:

With these young players, sometimes you need to mask uncertainty with instinct and intensity. In other words, being aggressive can breed confidence and energy. Instead of guessing which teammate is going to cover whomever is running through the zones, they need to get up on their guy and starting making some plays.

Brees is going to burn the blitz.....but he will date rape the Giants if they don't bring any pressure....that's a certainty.

I wouldn't mind a change to a more man coverage based defense....but it's not the same as more blitzing...I think if you want to use your athleticism and intensity, you match up mano-a-mano....some of our LBs are good in coverage....they just don't have the instinct to do the Tampa scheme like Fewell wants them to....our secondary can match up against most receivers in the league, I don't care what anyone outside of Giants' land says.

I wouldn't mind a change to a more man coverage based defense....but it's not the same as more blitzing...I think if you want to use your athleticism and intensity, you match up mano-a-mano....some of our LBs are good in coverage....they just don't have the instinct to do the Tampa scheme like Fewell wants them to....our secondary can match up against most receivers in the league, I don't care what anyone outside of Giants' land says.

I don't understand why Webster was playing Jackson 20 yards off the line. I know they were afraid of the deep ball, shouldn't of been though, we were not playing Vick, Young tends to float on deep throws, has he did on Amukamara's pick. Like I said, when we do blitz, we have to get there or there's gonna be a dump off for 50 yards after a missed tackle. No one is gonna stop Jackson, coming up on him, has he is going full speed forward. Same with any of the Saints wr's or Sproles. I am afraid we are gonna try to put Herzlich or Kiwi on Graham and he is gonna blow us away.

the low point will be when we lose the next 2 and are 6-6

( the only way back from there would be to win the last 4 ...........Dallas twice , Skins and Jets ) ......that would be ok .......probably win the division with 10-6 then .......but i'm dreaming i suppose

Our backs are against the wall in NO.. if this team doesn't get up for that game.. then they're worthless...