SportsWrath

Next Week could be the low point

JMFP

It will be if Fewell continues the drop 8 into coverage defense. His best players are on the bench in these passing situations. He's taking Canty and/or Bernard off the field, and lining JPP up over the center. It's asinine. Just rush 5... 6 defensive players in the defensive backfield is enough more often than not to play defense. Especially when those players are KP, Rolle, Webster, Amukamara, Ross, and Deon Grant.

The saving grace might be, and I emphasize MIGHT BE, that the Saints defense is seemingly severely less potent than the Eagles.

If there's something to be said about the Giants, it's that they have potential and ability to be in games. For all intents and purposes, the Giants got killed last night against the Eagles. But at the end of the day, the Giants had a shot to win in the end.

We can win in New Orleans. Bradshaw and Boley, if back, will go a long, long way.

What I'm trying to say is that that Giants are not the team to bet on or against, EVER.

It will be if Fewell continues the drop 8 into coverage defense. His best players are on the bench in these passing situations. He's taking Canty and/or Bernard off the field, and lining JPP up over the center. It's asinine. Just rush 5... 6 defensive players in the defensive backfield is enough more often than not to play defense. Especially when those players are KP, Rolle, Webster, Amukamara, Ross, and Deon Grant.

I can tell you right now you won't see them blitzing a lot against the Saints, either. Another team with quickness at every position. You blitz like you want against Brees and he's going to dump it off to Sproles and kill you all game.

Toss in Dallas beating Miami on Thanksgiving and you have the lowest of low points.

Miami has been playing really well so maybe we will get some help. It really won't matter though if we don't beat New Orleans Monday. I'm really looking forward to Jimmy Graham matching up with our linebackers. Should be plenty of fun.

I can tell you right now you won't see them blitzing a lot against the Saints, either. Another team with quickness at every position. You blitz like you want against Brees and he's going to dump it off to Sproles and kill you all game.

yeah, they like to bootleg alot too,and find the underneath receiver. You can not blitz the next two QB's we face.

yeah, they like to bootleg alot too,and find the underneath receiver. You can not blitz the next two QB's we face.

And for this exact reason, I am a big proponent of having Da 'rel Scot come in on passing downs like a Sproles type player....giving Eli a quick outlet is just as effective as keeping a back in to block for him....IMO....

Yep I know. Blitzing never works in the NFL. Especially not against Drew Brees. Team's have had much more success letting him stand in the pocket with no pressure. I saw that all of Brees' INT's this year came from dropping 8 into coverage, especially into a soft zone.

Yep I know. Blitzing never works in the NFL. Especially not against Drew Brees. Team's have had much more success letting him stand in the pocket with no pressure. I saw that all of Brees' INT's this year came from dropping 8 into coverage, especially into a soft zone.

The hope is to get your 4 (including Kiwanuka) top 3 round defensive ends to actually get some pressure. And when you don't have the best athletes at the other positions, you don't let the plays get behind them by blitzing them out of the play against teams like the Eagles, Saints, Packers who won't be rattled by the blitz and will just dump the ball off to their skill position players. Do you like, not watch any football?

If the Rams can do it, I see no reason why the Giants can't get to him numerous times.

They could if the front four shows up. But this dude wants to say that is on Fewell. It's pretty hilarious.

It's only on Fewell when he rushes 3.

Tuck and Osi aren't 3-4 ends. Makes ZERO sense.

3rd and 15 your team should be able to keep them to 10 yards or less. It was working all game. What makes zero sense is that guys on our defense didn't make those plays on that final drive even though they were put in position to and it is on Fewell somehow. Again, personnel problem.

I think that's the key.....drop 8 into coverage, but make sure that none of them are accountable for covering a receiver. Instead, stand around in space and hope an errant throw hits you in the hands.

Sproles could kill us, but we have been pretty good against RBs and receiving backs in general the last few weeks (barring that shitty 60 yrd run by McCoy). I feel our LBs suck balls in coverage. We have to put a man on Sproles/Graham and rattle Brees. As someone said, Tampa Bay did it, the Rams did it and so can we. But then again, Steven Jackson played a huge part in that game. Who is going to do that here? The Saints corners need to be manhandled by our WRs. Either way, disagree with Storm, we need to blitz and rattle Brees early.....basically play SMART defense and offense, which are coaches are unable to instill in the players and are probably not that smart themselves. Repeatedly, repeatedly all we hear is how a team outsmarted us, outgamed us etc - SFO outsmarted us by going for the aerial game while we were bottling up Gore. We always get outsmarted. I dont recall us 'outsmarting' anyone. Onside kick, trick plays. everything - we easily get outsmarted. But when we win, its always a hard fought victory. Never an outsmarting, outplaying, outcoaching type of victory.

Wow.. just fucking wow... seeing the sentiment here you'd think we're the colts.

Joe :angry:... I'm going the opposite way here... I think the Giants win at NO... and as much as I hate to look past the next game, we WILL hand GB their first loss the same way we handed Denver 13-0 their first loss way back when.

The last game.. blame on the coaches.. not the players.. we had a young LB who just beat cancer.. who was flying all over the place... his first game... but we had a DC who's a fucking pussy... it's not Gibride.. it's not Couhglin.. I officially can't stand Fewel and his pussy ass game plans... play to your fucking strength dude.. make the other team adjust their plan. :furious:

Go fucking Giants :angry::chair::rules::giants:

Now where's my coffee? :angry:

I think we lose and lose BIG in New Orleans, but win a tight one against an undefeated Green Bay team.

The Giants ruined the "three-peat," crushed John Elway's hopes of an undefeated season, and dismantled the Patriots. They're the dream killers.

I think we lose and lose BIG in New Orleans, but win a tight one against an undefeated Green Bay team.

The Giants ruined the "three-peat," crushed John Elway's hopes of an undefeated season, and dismantled the Patriots. They're the dream killers.

I see you're taking the middle of the road, Seph... :rules::banned: