SportsWrath

I feel good about this lost.

NeMesiS

Oh wait, no I don't. I've been saying all year. This team has problems. And not minor ones... BIG ONES!!!

I'm sorry, but Snee has been playing like shit all year. And Baas, hasn't produce at all either.

DT... Do we have any? They're bad against the run, and awful against the pass. No pressure, what-so-ever, from the middle of the line.... none.

And the special teams...More like special ed.

I'm sorry, but this team sucks.

Oh wait, no I don't. I've been saying all year. This team has problems. And not minor ones... BIG ONES!!!

I'm sorry, but Snee has been playing like shit all year. And Baas, hasn't produce at all either.

DT... Do we have any? They're bad against the run, and awful against the pass. No pressure, what-so-ever, from the middle of the line.... none.

Canty had a hell of a game. Of the front 7, him and Kiwanuka were the only ones who played like they belonged on an NFL field. And Kiwanuka bombed on the Steve Smith TD.

The special teams has been 1000Xs better than last year. You can't stop Jackson every time, especially when you have the two gunners down the field as the only players with a chance to tackle him because Weatherford booted him a line drive.

The problem is the offensive line and, today, the defensive front 7.

Yeah let me ask you why one of your best pass rushers is matched up against Steve Smith coming across the middle? You don't think Andy Reid saw that and said, hey, I bet we can get Kiwanuka on one of our receivers underneath do you? Hmmm, maybe if Kiwi was RUSHING THE PASSER Young would actually get his uniform dirty, rather than standing tall finding receivers matched up against our terrible coverage linebackers.

Yeah let me ask you why one of your best pass rushers is matched up against Steve Smith coming across the middle? You don't think Andy Reid saw that and said, hey, I bet we can get Kiwanuka on one of our receivers underneath do you? Hmmm, maybe if Kiwi was RUSHING THE PASSER Young would actually get his uniform dirty, rather than standing tall finding receivers matched up against our terrible coverage linebackers.

It happened last week on the same exact play. If you were to say that is a personnel problem, I'd agree with you, and we could put it on Fewell. for not getting his best guys out there. But I'm still not blitzing the Eagles in the red zone, either. If a corner is on Steve Smith, he's not that wide open.

I said this before... I'm no fan of Fewel. Our D has a lot more talent than they're producing... we sorely miss Spags and Fox.

I said this before... I'm no fan of Fewel. Our D has a lot more talent than they're producing... we sorely miss Spags and Fox.

Given Spags resume in St. Louis, I wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility that we'd give him another go at D-Coordinator if/when he gets shitcanned. Hell, I'd not mind him coming in as HC either. Spags simply doens't have the talent with the Rams.

Given Spags resume in St. Louis, I wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility that we'd give him another go at D-Coordinator if/when he gets shitcanned. Hell, I'd not mind him coming in as HC either. Spags simply doens't have the talent with the Rams.

I mentioned this before the season but someone here said Spags may get another year with the Rams... some people re good coordinators but horrible HCs... and I'd welcome Fox and Spags back in a heartbeat.. Fewel plays timid.

I think this was probably the worst coaching job I've seen from the Giants since.... since the early Coughlin days, the era of Tim Lewis and Hufnagle.

First, the defense... am I crazy, or doesn't it make sense to coach to your strengths and hide your weaknesses? As in...maybe the best pass rushing team in the league should actually rush the passer?

Instead they consistently drop 7, more often 8, and sometimes 9 into coverage. Maybe that would work if the people in coverage could actually cover, but this was a base D, set up to shut down McCoy and the Vince Young read option, which means Kiwi, Paysinger, and Herzlich are in coverage when Young drops back... and even Vince Young can throw on those guys.

And maybe that would still work e if our best DE was starting, but instead it was Osi getting abused by Jason Peters. If your blind-side DE isn't getting pressure against one-on-one blocking, you're just not going to get a consistent pass rush without bringing extra bodies.

Bright spots on D though.... Herzlich looks like a player. So does Prince.

And the offense. eh... they just came out flat. I can't explain it, except it seemed like they expected to roll over the Eagles and mailed it in.

DaRell Scott looked real good for about two seconds, but I guess now we know why he wasn't playing. I still want to see more of him though, he didn't get enough reps in college to fully develop. I think we should put up with some growing pains now, because he's the only guy on the roster with the potential to run for positive yardage behind this craptacular offensive line... and if the Giants should be so fucking lucky as to make the playoffs, they'll need that to have a chance to go deep. We're throwing away downs by giving the ball to Jacobs and DJ Ware anyway, whats an extra fumble or two?

I think this was probably the worst coaching job I've seen from the Giants since.... since the early Coughlin days, the era of Tim Lewis and Hufnagle.

First, the defense... am I crazy, or doesn't it make sense to coach to your strengths and hide your weaknesses? As in...maybe the best pass rushing team in the league should actually rush the passer?

Instead they consistently drop 7, more often 8, and sometimes 9 into coverage. Maybe that would work if the people in coverage could actually cover, but this was a base D, set up to shut down McCoy and the Vince Young read option, which means Kiwi, Paysinger, and Herzlich are in coverage when Young drops back... and even Vince Young can throw on those guys.

And maybe that would still work e if our best DE was starting, but instead it was Osi getting abused by Jason Peters. If your blind-side DE isn't getting pressure against one-on-one blocking, you're just not going to get a consistent pass rush without bringing extra bodies.

Bright spots on D though.... Herzlich looks like a player. So does Prince.

And the offense. eh... they just came out flat. I can't explain it, except it seemed like they expected to roll over the Eagles and mailed it in.

DaRell Scott looked real good for about two seconds, but I guess now we know why he wasn't playing. I still want to see more of him though, he didn't get enough reps in college to fully develop. I think we should put up with some growing pains now, because he's the only guy on the roster with the potential to run for positive yardage behind this craptacular offensive line... and if the Giants should be so fucking lucky as to make the playoffs, they'll need that to have a chance to go deep. We're throwing away downs by giving the ball to Jacobs and DJ Ware anyway, whats an extra fumble or two?

Fewel is indeed Tim Lewis II. Both Osi and BJ are not worth the money. Our OL is atrocious.. both running and protecting Eli as of last night. I wish we'd been blown out so we can give reps to scott to get the fumble quota out of his system.

I agree this team has some serious warts. I was worried about this one.

Philly had playoff intensity, and the Giants did not.

Gilbride and Fewell brought some stale shit with them....and Coughlin apparently was okay with it.

Bass has more in common with the fucked up dude from Full Metal Jacket than he has with Sean O'Hara. The offensive line was uneven, but I also saw some shitty running. The difference between McCoy and Jacobs/DJ Ware is that McCoy runs to daylight, whereas Jacobs and DJ Ware run the play.

Special teams......their history of sucking continues.

They're getting way better. Kickoff coverage was really good, and Weatherford is the real deal.

Also, I thought coverage was pretty good on Jackson for most part, except for the play where our punter had to run him outta bounds.

I agree this team has some serious warts. I was worried about this one.

Philly had playoff intensity, and the Giants did not.

Gilbride and Fewell brought some stale shit with them....and Coughlin apparently was okay with it.

Bass has more in common with the fucked up dude from Full Metal Jacket than he has with Sean O'Hara. The offensive line was uneven, but I also saw some shitty running. The difference between McCoy and Jacobs/DJ Ware is that McCoy runs to daylight, whereas Jacobs and DJ Ware run the play.

Loyalty seems to be Coach Cheerleader's mantra....loyalty unto death. What cracks me up with Coughlin is that he will often get into faces....remember Kiwi in Revenge of the Titans...yet when his coaches shit all over the place you never seem him even go over and huddle up with them. Believe me if I saw Gilfuck or Tim Lewis the Lesser pull the shit that they do...draw plays and dropping linemen into coverage consistently ...I would be foaming at the mouth. You thought Hitler chewed rugs...I would be dining on that fucking astro turf.... :furious:

How could they not be ready? The Eagles handed you the worst loss in team history last year and completely embarrassed you. The opportunity for revenge was on a fucking silver platter! What more do you need to get up for a game? Completely dominated at the line of scrimmage, cheap shots on your quarterback, Desean Jackson taunting your team, a guy knocking your teammate out of the game and admiring his handiwork. It's a harsh critique but they flat out looked like a bunch of pussies.

To be fair Nem, the run wasnt what hurt us against the egles <_<The Team doesnt suck. This is the first time all year that a team consistantly got pressure on us sending only 4. This loss is on the wide receivers and play calling. Sorry but thats where I put the blame.

The loss was on the turnstile offensive line, lol.

It appears no one watched the same game as anyone else on here. There's 30 differing opinions. But, not being able to run the ball or pass the ball because the entire Eagles defensive line was in the backfield every play is far and away the reason we lost the game.

You can't call plays that work if you can't even get out of the backfield or even let Manning have 2 seconds to get the ball in his hands and look downfield.

Hey man, on this we are in agreement. The o-line didn't give Eli or the rb's much of a chance.

It really was pathetic. I could understand if maybe a lineman or even two were having a rough game....a guy like Trent Cole is no joke. But it was literally the entire offensive line. Cullen Jenkins had a god damn field day.

It's not on the D; less pressure than we're used to seeing due to a very good game from the Eagle's OLine and our commitment to stopping McCoy (which was very successful until the last minute). Also 3 INTs, when's the last time you saw that? This loss, like last week's, is on the flaccid offense, especially the inability to run or score in the first half. I brought it up after the NE game and I was criticized for being negative...

as poor as the o line was dont forget that the defense came up short on 3ed down. cause i do remember 3rdn 9 3rd n 11 3rd n 14 nd not one was a stop on an 8min game winning drive. so lets not forget about this GREAT d line that didnt show up. they DO NOT GET A PASS because of the o line.:ranting2:

as poor as the o line was dont forget that the defense came up short on 3ed down. cause i do remember 3rdn 9 3rd n 11 3rd n 14 nd not one was a stop on an 8min game winning drive. so lets not forget about this GREAT d line that didnt show up. they DO NOT GET A PASS because of the o line.:ranting2:

Agreed.

And Webster gets a "Wet Willy" or whatever, too...for his pathetic attempt at tackling Desean Jackson.