SportsWrath

Next Season

*SDMF*

I'm sorry, but the offensive line is horrible this year.

Yep, that was a pretty horrible performance. Saints, Packers, Jets, Cowboys twice. This season is all but over by the looks of things. I hope I'm wrong, but it's really difficult to have possitive feelings about the remainder of this season.

Ditch both those guys, Jacobs (actually cut him now), and draft (bring in some oline), that is just a start.. we are beginning our midseason race to the shitter.

I don't know if its Jocabs. I can honest say I can't blame him. There's no room for him to run. not a single whole... The Eagles DL destroyed the Giants OLine.

A lot of dropped passes tonight that killed drives. Seriously there was at least 6 or 7. I thought Gilbride wasn't bad, just horse shit execution. Put it on the players on the offensive side of the ball, but the defensive side it's all Fewell. Seriously, to me his name is no longer Perry Fewell, it's Tim Lewis II.

A lot of dropped passes tonight that killed drives. Seriously there was at least 6 or 7. I thought Gilbride wasn't bad, just horse shit execution. Put it on the players on the offensive side of the ball, but the defensive side it's all Fewell. Seriously, to me his name is no longer Perry Fewell, it's Tim Lewis II.

The soft zone is very reminiscent no? I really wanted this game. Not even for the playoff implications(which were huge). I fucking hate the Eagles and our Giants finally had the chance to be the one to drive the stake through their heart. They outplay us EVERYTIME in a big spot. You're the Eagles bitch Giants it's so disappointing. Now you made Monday night in the Superdome a must win. Godspeed.

239 yards and 10 points before the final drive in which the PLAYERS failed to make a stop given several opportunities. Yes the scheme was way off. :rolleyes:

Seriously, if the offense came to play and put some points on the board to win the game(normally not an impossible task to put up more than 17 points) no one would be saying shit about Fewell.

I happen to think some of our defensive personnel is severely overrated. cough *Rolle* cough

And the zone created 3 turnovers.

Like I've said, I have gripes with Fewell, but tonight's game isn't one of them.

The soft zone is very reminiscent no? I really wanted this game. Not even for the playoff implications(which were huge). I fucking hate the Eagles and our Giants finally had the chance to be the one to drive the stake through their heart. They outplay us EVERYTIME in a big spot. You're the Eagles bitch Giants it's so disappointing. Now you made Monday night in the Superdome a must win. Godspeed.

What really galls me as well that the eagles do shit otherwise. It's not like they beat the giants and go on to win the super bowl. Andy Reid has really figured out the giants man. Vince always makes us look like cock bags as well. Maybe this will bring about change with the coordinators. I'm pissed off right now. I get in a fight to see the game with the battle axe and its this shit.

239 yards and 10 points before the final drive in which the PLAYERS failed to make a stop given several opportunities. Yes the scheme was way off. :rolleyes:

Seriously, if the offense came to play and put some points on the board to win the game(normally not an impossible task to put up more than 17 points) no one would be saying shit about Fewell.

I happen to think some of our defensive personnel is severely overrated. cough *Rolle* cough

Like I've said, I have gripes with Fewell, but tonight's game isn't one of them.

Yeah you know if you just don't count that final 9 minute, 80 yard drive yeah that scheme was great. What about the other 27 minutes the Eagles held the ball? Was Fewell's scheme to keep the Eagles' on the field all game so Eli hardly had a chance to score? Because if that's what his game plan was, it worked. Hey Storm, 12 first downs through the air by the Eagles. 12 out of 17. We had 12 total. The Giants played the run well, and I'll tell you, it was the Eagles that should've had more points because they took it down to the red zone and if it wasn't for Tim Lewis II finally dialing up the heat Aaron Ross might not have had the opportunity to stop score with that INT.

When you watch that game, the they were very passive in defensive play-calling. Very much so. Watch any other good defensive team, you don't see this soft Tampa 2 bullshit.

That is a false statement.

That is a false statement.

LMFAO. Dude you're ridiculous. It's Fewell's fault that our players can't tackle or defend a pass (ex. that shoe string pass went between two players) when it counts but it's not to Fewell's credit that his defense forced 3 turnovers. Humorous. You are way off base on this game.

Yeah you know if you just don't count that final 9 minute, 80 yard drive yeah that scheme was great. What about the other 27 minutes the Eagles held the ball? Was Fewell's scheme to keep the Eagles' on the field all game so Eli hardly had a chance to score? Because if that's what his game plan was, it worked. Hey Storm, 12 first downs through the air by the Eagles. 12 out of 17. We had 12 total. The Giants played the run well, and I'll tell you, it was the Eagles that should've had more points because they took it down to the red zone and if it wasn't for Tim Lewis II finally dialing up the heat Aaron Ross might not have had the opportunity to stop score with that INT.

When you watch that game, the they were very passive in defensive play-calling. Very much so. Watch any other good defensive team, you don't see this soft Tampa 2 bullshit.

HAHAHAHAAHA, Eli wasn't on the field a lot because the offense went 3 and out SEVEN TIMES. What in the fuck do you want the defense to do about that? Of course they are going to have a ton of first downs, THEY RAN 70 PLAYS. The ToP is so skewed because the offense sucked. Not because the defense did. How you can expect your defense to hold that Eagles team every drive is beyond me when they had to do so with little to no rest in between.

You're better than this, bro.

7 out of 12 times we went 3 and out and here you are blaming the defense for the Eagles insane amount of time of possession. Humorous.

Did the defense force Eli to throw it DIRECTLY to an Eagles linebacker, too?

12 whole first downs through the air, too? Hmm, couldn't be because we bottled up one of the league's best running backs, could it?

HAHAHAHAAHA, Eli wasn't on the field a lot because the offense went 3 and out SEVEN TIMES. What in the fuck do you want the defense to do about that? Of course they are going to have a ton of first downs, THEY RAN 70 PLAYS. The ToP is so skewed because the offense sucked. Not because the defense did. How you can expect your defense to hold that Eagles team every drive is beyond me when they had to do so with little to no rest in between.

You're better than this, bro.

7 out of 12 times we went 3 and out and here you are blaming the defense for the Eagles insane amount of time of possession. Humorous.

Did the defense force Eli to throw it DIRECTLY to an Eagles linebacker, too?

12 whole first downs through the air, too? Hmm, couldn't be because we bottled up one of the league's best running backs, could it?

Storm my dude. I'm glad I can find someone that sees eye to eye.

The defense was doing a great ass job today including INTs from the end zone yet not even one of these can turn into points from our offense. If anything it's the damn O-Line not doing their job. But I also want to put some blame on those freaking droppies our WR had. You guys seriously wasn't watching the game if you didn't notice the drops. So many three and outs our defense was gas already. Please also remember there's a few rookies out there as well. But overall our O-Line lost it this time.

What really galls me as well that the eagles do shit otherwise. It's not like they beat the giants and go on to win the super bowl. Andy Reid has really figured out the giants man. Vince always makes us look like cock bags as well. Maybe this will bring about change with the coordinators. I'm pissed off right now. I get in a fight to see the game with the battle axe and its this shit.

Exactly.

We had a chance to stick a fork not just in the Eagles season, but possibly in Andy Reid's career... who has had our number for the better part of the decade. Instead the team lays an egg on national TV, keeping the Eagles season and Reid's career alive.

Of course, this shouldn't be a surprise to any Giants fan. Super Bowl notwithstanding, the Giants do this literally every year under Coughlin. Eli comes out and plays mediocre the first two games, sets the world on fire for the next six, plays like shit the NEXT six, and then turns it on again towards the end of the season. Why should anyone think that THIS season will be any different? I mean, c'mon, did anyone REALLY not think we wouldn't have a second-half slump?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we should have gotten Cowher when we had the chance, and I hope to hell the chance is still there at the end of this season. I'm tired of this bullshit.

Storm...

I thought the Giants (and Fewell) did a great job play calling on 1st and 2nd down. Do you know why? Run blitzes, being aggressive. On third down, Fewell constantly takes his foot off the gas. 52.2% 3rd down conversions. That is terrible. The league average is well below that, 38.5%. I don't know how many times you have to watch the same thing happen by mediocre QB's like Rex Grossman, Charlie Whitehurst, and Alex Smith before you see that whenever this team gets to 3rd down, Fewell just drops everyone into coverage and it consistently doesn't work. But you know what, I'm going to go to the game tape.

You keep talking about those turnovers. Only 1 was really a result of the zone coverage, and that pick came off of an uncalled pass interference by Ross, coupled with a fortunate carom off the receiver's helmet that allowed Phillips to catch it. The other two picks came on man coverage. Prince was one on one and VY underthrew it, and the Ross pick came when the Giants rushed 6 at VY and he RUSHED HIS THROW. If you look at that play again, he had a WIDE OPEN receiver in the middle of the field but he was chucking it up because WE BROUGHT HEAT.

Do I think the offense was terrible tonight. Yes. Especially the offensive line. But it was only one factor in this loss. Just as much a factor of the team losing was Fewell taking his foot off the gas in 3rd down.