SportsWrath

Justin Blackmon

osi724dasack

Justin Blackmon WR OSU is probly what a top 15 pick? If Manningham walks I would sign Steve Smith for cheap and then trade up to get Justin Blackmon, him and Nicks with Cruz in the slot is as good as it gets in the NFL and let SS and Barden duke it out for the #4 spot.

This is only of course if Manningham walks.

The Giants wont trade up for a WR.

Besides you know how much it costs to get inside the top 15 from pick 32?

We probly won't, but he's worth it 100%! guy is a serious Dez Bryant clone. Maybe he'll run a bad 40 or get caught with some weed to let him drop too us.

Unless Nicks ends up tearing a leg off in a freak knitting accident then I dont see the Giants drafting another WR in the first round.

To many other needs, WR is one of the deepest positions the Giants have.

Another solid run blocking guard to team with Snee or maybe finally a first round LB who will actually strike some fear in the opponent.

Not to mention RB is a serious concern as well that might be worth a first round pick, you know since we arnt relying on a broken down Bradshaw, or a banged up war horse in Jacobs.

Judging only by a handful of games, the best RB to come out of last year's class was DeMarco Murray, drafted in RD 3. Some of you may recall me saying that I thought Leshoure, Ryan Williams, AND DeMarco Murray were all better than Mark Ingram.

The Giants will stick to their draft board. I really would like the Giants to move up and get that rare talent to take us over the top to the next level, and Blackmon fits that description. I just don't see it happening because Reese values his draft picks and the Giants never overpay. What Atlanta did to move up and get Julio Jones was tremendously ballsy and what they got was a hell of an exciting player but he hasn't been able to stay on the field.

I would love Blackmon in Giants blue. But it's only one guy, and if something happens to that guy (Chad Jones) then you have given up a lot for nothing.

I do know there will be a great talent available to us wherever our draft position is. Just have to pick the right guy.

Linebacker should definitely be on the radar. But hopefully we get a healthy Jon Goff back next year and he shows the same promise he was showing this year in preseason.

Judging only by a handful of games, the best RB to come out of last year's class was DeMarco Murray, drafted in RD 3. Some of you may recall me saying that I thought Leshoure, Ryan Williams, AND DeMarco Murray were all better than Mark Ingram.

The Giants will stick to their draft board. I really would like the Giants to move up and get that rare talent to take us over the top to the next level, and Blackmon fits that description. I just don't see it happening because Reese values his draft picks and the Giants never overpay. What Atlanta did to move up and get Julio Jones was tremendously ballsy and what they got was a hell of an exciting player but he hasn't been able to stay on the field.

I would love Blackmon in Giants blue. But it's only one guy, and if something happens to that guy (Chad Jones) then you have given up a lot for nothing.

I do know there will be a great talent available to us wherever our draft position is. Just have to pick the right guy.

Linebacker should definitely be on the radar. But hopefully we get a healthy Jon Goff back next year and he shows the same promise he was showing this year in preseason.

We are thin on the oline, I would love to get Kelechi Osemele from Iowa St. He stuck out in that game more then Blackmon. He plays LT but will probably slide to guard, at worst could be a RT in the NFL. I think Pouncey would of been last years pick, had he been there. I think the coaches and front office like our young LB's, we never draft there(even though, I would like Kuechly, he will not be there, Burflict way too much of a headcase, doesn't fit the scheme) and RB, I would love Lamar Miller like Osi said, not usually a first round pick for us, we can go RB in round two with someone like Chris Polk or Montee Ball. It will be interesting to see if we sign Manningham, I am sure we will. I WR that is dropping is Jeffery he could be a nice option. He is tall and could be the red zone target we need, he is only dropping based on getting crap play from Garcia, the stats just aren't there, some also say he might be too slow for the NFL, he could Charles Rogers 2.0. Blackmon I like but he is not the type of wideout we need, he is more of Anquan Boldin type, we have no shot at Blackmon anyways.

Another solid run blocking guard to team with Snee or maybe finally a first round LB who will actually strike some fear in the opponent.

Agree 100%.....unless we get a road grader on the offensive line, or a game-changing linebacker, I will be disappointed.

I think another running back is another higher (2nd/3rd round) priority. I know guys like Ray Rice don't just grow on trees, but I would think we could find a workhorse running back from within the SEC in the early rounds.

Bradshaw has maybe one more season in him....he's riding on his rims at this point. Jacobs is going to be 30. Unless Da'Rel Scott is the answer, this is a big need for the Giants in the near future.

We are thin on the oline, I would love to get Kelechi Osemele from Iowa St. He stuck out in that game more then Blackmon. He plays LT but will probably slide to guard, at worst could be a RT in the NFL. I think Pouncey would of been last years pick, had he been there. I think the coaches and front office like our young LB's, we never draft there(even though, I would like Kuechly, he will not be there, Burflict way too much of a headcase, doesn't fit the scheme) and RB, I would love Lamar Miller like Osi said, not usually a first round pick for us, we can go RB in round two with someone like Chris Polk or Montee Ball. It will be interesting to see if we sign Manningham, I am sure we will. I WR that is dropping is Jeffery he could be a nice option. He is tall and could be the red zone target we need, he is only dropping based on getting crap play from Garcia, the stats just aren't there, some also say he might be too slow for the NFL, he could Charles Rogers 2.0. Blackmon I like but he is not the type of wideout we need, he is more of Anquan Boldin type, we have no shot at Blackmon anyways.

No way, not above Amukamara, anyway.

Interesting take, I see Blackmon as more of a Fitgerald type, but you are right, we don't have a shot at him with where we will be drafting.

Bigblue25 interesting name you brought up Lamar Miller, he's pretty damn good or watched a few U games and he really stands out as a special talent. Still don't think if take him in the 1st though unless he has a real insane combine. Just because RBs in the 1st are often unnecesary considering there always around late.

Bigblue25 interesting name you brought up Lamar Miller, he's pretty damn good or watched a few U games and he really stands out as a special talent. Still don't think if take him in the 1st though unless he has a real insane combine. Just because RBs in the 1st are often unnecesary considering there always around late.

It would definitely be nice to have an AP type back though.....shit, I'd take Steven Jackson at this point. But our run blocking blows and I think once we figure it out, Ahmad will be fine. I just think it's time for Jacobs to get out of here so I wouldn't be surprised to see us take a back in one of the first 3 rounds...

I agree, Storm. It's an interesting contract situation because this is the first year of a four year deal that takes him through the 2014 season. I'm sure Bradshaw will be back next season, no doubt. Brandon Jacobs' deal only takes him through next season, and I think he could be cut in favor of a early round pick, I agree.

He is insanely quick, He is young(a resshirt Soph) He also has fresh legs, since Da U gives multiple backs carries. He would be great if we went that direction.

No way, not above Amukamara, anyway.

Interesting take, I see Blackmon as more of a Fitgerald type, but you are right, we don't have a shot at him with where we will be drafting.

too me we overpaid for Baas, not this year or next but after that his contract is very expensive. I could us trying to find a young C in the next two drafts.

too me we overpaid for Baas, not this year or next but after that his contract is very expensive. I could us trying to find a young C in the next two drafts.

Yea I Agree, looks like the 49ers Oline has improved with his departure. He's been above average for us but still not worth the $ but neither were Boley and Canty year 1 here so maybe it's a matter of time cuz Baas is a talented durable strong dude.

That's a good thing.. a backloaded contract is a GM's best friend.... Baas is not O'Hara... but it seems our OL will have to be revamped with maybe Snee and Beaty staying put... we easily need 2 starters there... Diehl is decent.

That's a good thing.. a backloaded contract is a GM's best friend.... Baas is not O'Hara... but it seems our OL will have to be revamped with maybe Snee and Beaty staying put... we easily need 2 starters there... Diehl is decent.

I can't say I'm overly confident with Beatty, Diehl, or McKenzie at this point. Baas and Snee are pretty much the guys I consider reliable and buildaroundable.

I can't say I'm overly confident with Beatty, Diehl, or McKenzie at this point. Baas and Snee are pretty much the guys I consider reliable and buildaroundable.

Beaty has played well and he'll only get better. Diehl has been part of the OL .. especially the one that dominated other teams.. MacKenize is getting old and Baas hasn't lived up to the hype...

Beaty has played well and he'll only get better. Diehl has been part of the OL .. especially the one that dominated other teams.. MacKenize is getting old and Baas hasn't lived up to the hype...

Just don't see it with Beatty. I thought that Diehl's moving to Guard would be a smoother transition than it's been. He's not nearly at the same level he was. Baas, I give a pass only because it takes time to gel with your O-Line mates. We're in agreement with McKenzie though. The sun is setting there. Either way, there is a need to address the O-Line from a personnel standpoint.

Just don't see it with Beatty. I thought that Diehl's moving to Guard would be a smoother transition than it's been. He's not nearly at the same level he was. Baas, I give a pass only because it takes time to gel with your O-Line mates. We're in agreement with McKenzie though. The sun is setting there. Either way, there is a need to address the O-Line from a personnel standpoint.

Good point on Baas needing more time.. maybe I'm being too critical.. and maybe I let his height (which I think is a disadvantage for offensive lineman).. but only time will tell.