SportsWrath

Which NFL Coach is Most Hated by Players?

BleedinBlue

I've yet to see a link to this.

And Tollefson was the only one who jumped. Seems like if the "deception" (normal ass TE in motion play) only fooled one player, it was the one player's fault and not deception or trickery on the part of the other team. Like I said, you look to see who's across from you so that when he stands up and steps back to go in motion, like every tight end does, you don't mistake it for him....what.....I guess doing something other than that....?

Well I heard it on his radio show (Harbaugh's) but this article shows it's been called a penalty twice before:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Shift-or-snap-simulation-Harbaugh-wants-?blockID=589226

"(I) still want to get that explained to me why that was different than any other shift in any part of the game."

Alright, still, I'm with Harbaugh on this one....I don't know why it would have been called on him before....

Like I said, there was nothing more the TWO GUYS ON THAT SIDE OF THE FIELD could have done to defend against a perfect onside kick.

Nothing... other than key on the kick before peeling back into their blocking responsibility.

They definitely fucked up... only slightly, but a fuck up none-the-less.

Still, that kick was so perfect the 49ers might have recovered it anyway. So I'm not going to belabor the point.

Can't feel too bad about that one though... the surprise onside kick will get most teams once... just once. And the 49ers wasted that card during the regular season. It tells us a lot about their opinion of the Giants ... specifically, the 49ers don't think they can win straight up.

Well I heard it on his radio show (Harbaugh's) but this article shows it's been called a penalty twice before:

http://www.csnbayare...?blockID=589226

Oh yeah, that should have been a penalty on the offense. They were deliberately simulating the snap. The TE didn't just casually get out of his stance to go in motion, like I was taught was required to avoid a false start penalty... he snapped back, very quickly.

Thats another trick that won't work twice.

there was more movement than just delaney walker. if it wasn't borderline, they wouldn't have sent film to the league. *smiley face*

Exactly....remember the days when the Broke Backs would set and then do a stand up hitch and reset. They used to do it for the sole purpose of drawing offside. And when they first did it they got a lot of victims.

Nothing... other than key on the kick before peeling back into their blocking responsibility.

Still, that kick was so perfect the 49ers might have recovered it anyway. So I'm not going to belabor the point.

Can't feel too bad about that one though... the surprise onside kick will get most teams once... just once. And the 49ers wasted that card during the regular season. It tells us a lot about their opinion of the Giants ... specifically, the 49ers don't think they can win straight up.

Exactly

I agree, that onside kick was perfectly played. Unfortunately right after it i was thinking we couldn't have pulled that off ourselves. Yeah we will be seeing the 49ers again soon enough and I see a different outcome.