SportsWrath

Which NFL Coach is Most Hated by Players?

BleedinBlue

The onside kick was unexpected by the entire world, not just Coughlin.

Akers executed it perfectly. Barden and Paysinger were fooled for about 1/10 of a second but the ball was kicked perfectly. Other than that, they reacted as fast as any football player could have.

There was nothing anyone could do aside from originally lining up in an onside recovery formation.

I fail to see what you wanted Coughlin to do, sometimes opposing coaches make good decisions/calls, too.

Coughlin just hires the special teams coordinator, lol. He also isn't out there trying to recover onside kicks, himself. It doesn't make sense to put that on Coughlin, Jack.

Storm you need to keep track of these things

The Eagles did it to us last year in the Debacle game and Coughlins excuse was he was yelling at the line to look for an onsides kick but he never called a time out........LAME

Every year someone does it to us (him).......Dallas once did it to Coughlin on the opening kick of the second half

Storm you need to keep track of these things

The Eagles did it to us last year in the Debacle game and Coughlins excuse was he was yelling at the line to look for an onsides kick but he never called a time out........LAME

Every year someone does it to us (him).......Dallas once did it to Coughlin on the opening kick of the second half

Yes, and this was the first half in a close game. Did you expect an onside kick?

Of course you didn't.

You have to give credit to Harbaugh there. Coughlin doesn't coach the special teams unit.

Another benefit to watching the Giants play is to read Coughlin's lips whenever the camera pans over to him.

I want Tom Coughlin miked up!

:smartass:

You don't even need Coughlin miked up..half the time you can read his lips at what he's saying.

Yesterday it was "How many fucking penalties are you gonna have today?!!!"

Yes, and this was the first half in a close game. Did you expect an onside kick?

Of course you didn't.

You have to give credit to Harbaugh there. Coughlin doesn't coach the special teams unit.

NOOOOOOOO

Coughlin swore last year he would coach the team to wait until the ball was kicked before peeling back

once more they ignored him, or he did not keep his promise

Of course you didn't.

who cares, they got a FG out of it. . good it happened now. we adjust the oversight.

who cares, they got a FG out of it. . good it happened now. we adjust the oversight.

Huh? I'm talking to Jack and his assertion this is Coughlin's oversight. Which doesn't make sense.

We stop the field goal, they aren't going for 2, to go up by 7, either. So I don't get your point at all. Because it would have greatly helped us at the end of the game.

Then again, Weatherford's kick to the 50 was a turning point, too.

The onside kick was a good play on Harbaughs part. That's it. The situation compared to last years Eagle game isn't similar at all. The criticism of Coughlin isn't just serious Monday morning quarterbacking, it's wrong.

Thank you.

NOOOOOOOO

Coughlin swore last year he would coach the team to wait until the ball was kicked before peeling back

once more they ignored him, or he did not keep his promise

Link? Didn't think so.

It's not Coughlin's job to coach the Special Teams during the game. What don't you get? Do you see Coughlin calling offensive plays? Of course not. Do you see him calling defensive plays? Of course not.

Like I said, there was nothing more the TWO GUYS ON THAT SIDE OF THE FIELD could have done to defend against a perfect onside kick.

1321326999[/url]' post='663839']

Huh? I'm talking to Jack and his assertion this is Coughlin's oversight. Which doesn't make sense.

We stop the field goal, they aren't going for 2, to go up by 7, either. So I don't get your point at all. Because it would have greatly helped us at the end of the game.

Then again, Weatherford's kick to the 50 was a turning point, too.

Ok thought we were all allowed to participate. Again it was no big deal. Carry on with jack.

Ok thought we were all allowed to participate. Again it was no big deal. Carry on with jack.

I meant I was replying to Jack's point....you can participate, but I don't get what you're trying to say.... :confused:

It certainly wasn't Coughlin's negligence that determined Harbaugh's and coordinator's gutsy and ultimately successful onside kick call. I also don't place it on Barden and Paysinger, two players against about 6. They reacted as fast as any player would be expected to react given the circumstance....

But I don't get the, "it was only a field goal" point. Again, we more than likely tie the game with a field goal on the final drive if that field goal is taken away either by recovering the onside kick or by stopping them on defense....no field goal there, no two point conversion later, SF up 3, not 7.

Link? Didn't think so.

It's not Coughlin's job to coach the Special Teams during the game. What don't you get? Do you see Coughlin calling offensive plays? Of course not. Do you see him calling defensive plays? Of course not.

Like I said, there was nothing more the TWO GUYS ON THAT SIDE OF THE FIELD could have done to defend against a perfect onside kick.

they could have held their ground until they saw a normal kick.......especiallly if there were only 2

We've been through this before......it happens every year

forget it........Coughlin is an old man and forgets from one season to another.......maybe one game to another

yeah......as head coach if he sees bad special teams technique it is his job to correct the ST coach and the team........the buck stops there with Tommy

expalin to me why every year we get stuck with one of these off guard onsides kicks and we never try one ourselves????

If you don't think Coughlin is not involved with O and D playcalling and ST you need to watch him on the sidelines

theres no fool like an old fool

hid biggest gaffe was not calling a timeout before the last two plays of the game.......two awful, predictable, poorly executed plays

I meant I was replying to Jack's point....you can participate, but I don't get what you're trying to say.... :confused:

It certainly wasn't Coughlin's negligence that determined Harbaugh's and coordinator's gutsy and ultimately successful onside kick call. I also don't place it on Barden and Paysinger, two players against about 6. They reacted as fast as any player would be expected to react given the circumstance....

But I don't get the, "it was only a field goal" point. Again, we more than likely tie the game with a field goal on the final drive if that field goal is taken away either by recovering the onside kick or by stopping them on defense....no field goal there, no two point conversion later, SF up 3, not 7.

yea i guess you could go there. to me the off sides on 3rd and 2 on the shift play was much more game changing. i still think that shift is illegal. it is trickery, plain and simple. but if they got ok from the league, then it's smart.

yea i guess you could go there. to me the off sides on 3rd and 2 on the shift play was much more game changing. i still think that shift is illegal. it is trickery, plain and simple. but if they got ok from the league, then it's smart.

\

Yes I think its bush league and out and out trickery... but what can you do.

they could have held their ground until they saw a normal kick.......especiallly if there were only 2

We've been through this before......it happens every year

forget it........Coughlin is an old man and forgets from one season to another.......maybe one game to another

yeah......as head coach if he sees bad special teams technique it is his job to correct the ST coach and the team........the buck stops there with Tommy

expalin to me why every year we get stuck with one of these off guard onsides kicks and we never try one ourselves????

If you don't think Coughlin is not involved with O and D playcalling and ST you need to watch him on the sidelines

theres no fool like an old fool

hid biggest gaffe was not calling a timeout before the last two plays of the game.......two awful, predictable, poorly executed plays

Once again you prove you're an idiot. That isn't how kick returns work. We would have no blocking if all the guys held their ground. Everyone would run right past.

Teams do that all the time. Sending tight ends in motion, lol. I fail to see how that was any different than any other play, when the tight end moves off the line. I didn't get what Coughlin as yelling at.

There were plenty of mistakes that contributed to the final outcome though, you're right. Weatherford screwed us on the 20 yard punt, for example....but I don't blame him solely. I blame the ST coach and Coughlin for having them play scared against frickin Teddy Ginn when the Special Teams has been playing great for the past few weeks.

The other thing I don't like about it is that they did not test it under game conditions...rather they demonstrated it for league officials before hand....kind of low down to me. But whatever they said it was ok.

Teams do that all the time. Sending tight ends in motion, lol. I fail to see how that was any different than any other play, when the tight end moves off the line. I didn't get what Coughlin as yelling at.

There were plenty of mistakes that contributed to the final outcome though, you're right. Weatherford screwed us on the 20 yard punt, for example....but I don't blame him solely. I blame the ST coach and Coughlin for having them play scared against frickin Teddy Ginn when the Special Teams has been playing great for the past few weeks.

I think the issue was that it was a totally novel formation and not an unbalanced line or other type of shift/formation type trickery that has been seen in the last 50 years.

you cannot simulate the snap. that was very close.

you cannot simulate the snap. that was very close.

He stood up, stepped back and went in motion with the #40 something on his chest. "Novel formation" or not, you have to realize who's across from you and what he can and can't do. He CAN stand up and go in motion. It happens all the time. :rolleyes:

Silly mistake by Tollefson.

He stood up, stepped back and went in motion with the #40 something on his chest. "Novel formation" or not, you have to realize who's across from you and what he can and can't do. He CAN stand up and go in motion. It happens all the time. :rolleyes:

Silly mistake by Tollefson.

there was more movement than just delaney walker. if it wasn't borderline, they wouldn't have sent film to the league. *smiley face*

there was more movement than just delaney walker. if it wasn't borderline, they wouldn't have sent film to the league. *smiley face*

Walker's movement is what made Tollefson move. Did you notice the rest of the team didn't budge?

Again, If it was so common place, elementary. Why did they send film to the league? *eye roll*

I've yet to see a link to this.

And Tollefson was the only one who jumped. Seems like if the "deception" (normal ass TE in motion play) only fooled one player, it was the one player's fault and not deception or trickery on the part of the other team. Like I said, you look to see who's across from you so that when he stands up and steps back to go in motion, like every tight end does, you don't mistake it for him....what.....I guess doing something other than that....?