SportsWrath

Weatherford

BleedinBlue

It's easy to focus on the players that made a big impact Sunday when focusing on plays (JPP, Boley, Ballard, Eli, etc., all very very good), but did anyone notice that Steve Weatherford pinned Tom Brady and the Patriots inside their own 20-yard-line on five of his eight punts?

I haven't been that impressed with Weatherford since he started for the Giants, but this past week he did a stellar job at giving the Giants good field position (or better said, bad field position for the Pats).

I hope this is a sign of things to come. So far in seven games prior to last Sunday's game, he had done that a total of seven times. So maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of it than it is, but man oh man would it be nice to see him become a steady punter that gave us good field position.

Also, kudos to our Special Teams where Zak Deossie looked like an animal out there and even Herzlich made a great play. I'm almost getting to the point where I keep my eyes open when we punt or when we return. However, it would be really nice if our guys would catch the fucking ball when it's punted our way!!!

I agree that Weatherford had done well...but then again, if we're comparing to Dodge...then that's not saying a whole lot.

True, my 3 yr old niece was punting in the backyard yesterday, and I was thinking how much better it was than Dodge. :rolleyes:

lol.....but seriously, you got a point.

Do you realize you typed WEATHERSPOON in the title?? :smartass:

And its funny how people can watch the same team and see 2 different things. I think Weatherford has been punting great all season.

Me too. Weatherford>Feagles last years with us. He's got a much stronger leg and gets the ball inside the 20 just as often.

Do you realize you typed WEATHERSPOON in the title?? :smartass:

Oh shit.....was in a hurry and had to leave. Must've had Reese (Witherspoon, not Jerry) on my mind or something.....duhhh. A senior moment.

And its funny how people can watch the same team and see 2 different things. I think Weatherford has been punting great all season.

I agree that he's been fairly steady all season, but he seemed deadly on Sunday. He brought back memories of Jeff Feagles.

Oh shit.....was in a hurry and had to leave. Must've had Reese (Witherspoon, not Jerry) on my mind or something.....duhhh. A senior moment.

I agree that he's been fairly steady all season, but he seemed deadly on Sunday. He brought back memories of Jeff Feagles.

LOL....I figured you just had a brain fart.

Oh, yes, I agree. His punting Sun was almost perfect.

Id bang the crap outta her. :afro:

Me too, I banged a girl back in my early college years that was like a cross between Reese and Amy Smart, but unfortunately with Amy Smart's weird ass eyes..... :banana:

Weatherford is the real deal.

I don't know how many times in the first four games or so I'd get nervous when he'd line up in punt formation... to then say to myself, "oh wait, it's not Matt Dodge... we're actually in good shape. There won't be a fumbled snap, a 15-yard shank, or a line drive punt to DeSean Jackson."

It may be time for a... a, uh... "Weatherfordatar." Maybe "The Weather... Is Fine."

Weatherford is the real deal.

I don't know how many times in the first four games or so I'd get nervous when he'd line up in punt formation... to then say to myself, "oh wait, it's not Matt Dodge... we're actually in good shape. There won't be a fumbled snap, a 15-yard shank, or a line drive punt to DeSean Jackson."

It may be time for a... a, uh... "Weatherfordatar." Maybe "The Weather... Is Fine."

You forgot "out kick his own coverage"