SportsWrath

Let's get this over with...

fishgutmartyr

I agree...to an extent. When we needed stops the most, he still reverted to that gay ass Tampa 2 crap, though. Such as the end of the 2nd quarter and the final Patriots offensive drive.

Other than that, agreed with you. And you can't stop a team like the Patriots from scoring every drive, either, so it's not so bad.

SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PLAY MAN!!?

Ya! Ya know, especially against a team like the Patriots where their wide receivers are NOT going to beat you deep, you have to worry about Deon Branch (lol) and Chad Ochocinco (LMAO). Tampa 2 might work on a team like Miami but I'm sure we all remember our attempt at the Tampa 2 against the Colts last year? I am still miffed about the revert to the zone at the end of the 2nd and the end of the game, but we won, so I can't be too pissed.

I'm more pissed at Gilbride's assertion that the draw will work inside the redzone at the 10.........

Michael Coe shut down Chad Ochocinco. Hell, even Aikman said "I wish he'd change his name back already"

Remember, take Troy Aikman with a grain of salt. He's also the one who said that the Patriots are a "big play team". Which isn' t true, and hasn't been true since like maybe 2007 with Moss more close to being Randy Moss instead of Peat Moss........but they are by no means a big play team. They are a dink and dunk sustained drive type team. A lot like us, actually.

Remember, take Troy Aikman with a grain of salt. He's also the one who said that the Patriots are a "big play team". Which isn' t true, and hasn't been true since like maybe 2007 with Moss more close to being Randy Moss instead of Peat Moss........but they are by no means a big play team. They are a dink and dunk sustained drive type team. A lot like us, actually.

They don't even take shots down field. They are very much a horizontal offense now.

They don't even take shots down field. They are very much a horizontal offense now.

Yup, very true. Get the ball as quick as you can to your WRs and let them make a play. It's not a bad idea at all. But they definitely haven't been a "big play team" for the last 4 or 5 years, though.

Yup, very true. Get the ball as quick as you can to your WRs and let them make a play. It's not a bad idea at all. But they definitely haven't been a "big play team" for the last 4 or 5 years, though.

The Patriots are pretty overrated, they haven't drafted worth shit outside of Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. And don't even get me started on that awful defense of they possess.

The Patriots are pretty overrated, they haven't drafted worth shit outside of Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. And don't even get me started on that awful defense of they possess.

It's really bad, I was truly wondering why we weren't trying to exploit their secondary. We could have easily done it. But we waited until the 4th quarter to exploit those matchups.....it's like we wanted to leave them hanging around....it wouldn't be Giants football if we didn't. I said it from the beginning, we matched up well against this Patriots team, just like we did in SB 42. Without Moss, they have no one other than Gronkowski that would cause a matchup problem. Welker had a solid game but we truly kept him from affecting the actual outcome of the game by letting him do what he does, pick up 10 yards a pop instead of 20 here and there or a 60 yard TD run after the catch.

I was impressed by our defense's tenacity, that is no small task, covering guys like Welker, Gronkowski, and Hernandez (I don't count Branch or Ochostinko because those are guys that players like Michael Coe should shut down---and DID shut down). I like our linebackers for once. Kiwanuka is playing lights out, in my opinion. We no longer have liabilities in pass coverage with guys like Jaquan Williams (SP) and Greg Jones....they might not be the best in run defense because they are smaller backers, but at least we aren't getting beat by the underneath pass every game like we were last year. Lesean Mccoy part deux will be a real challenge and a pretty good marker of where we are at.