SportsWrath

Garafolo: Bradshaw Out Indefinitely With Cracked Bone In Foot

Mr. P

DA'RELL! I've been screaming for this for weeks. Sucks it had to happen to Bradshaw and not Jacobs.

With Bradshaw getting dinged up EVERY year and Jacobs being the pile of shit that he is, it really is time to take an RB early in the draft.

One thing is for sure... Ware is uninspiring as a runner. He runs tough and I like him, but he doesn't have a lot of wiggle, and he doesn't have the explosion or top end speed. He's going to be a guy that runs hard and has forward lean, hopefully will get you 4 or 5 and it's a bonus if he gets any more. Looking long term, no matter what we see out of Scott this year, RB has to be a big focus in the draft next year. Jacobs honestly shouldn't be back with his behavior and plus there is not a lot of tread on those tires left anyway. And unfortunately, Bradshaw's feet look like they could be a career-threatening or shortening issue. At minimum, I love the guy, because he plays with the biggest heart, but he has a problem that doesn't look to go away.

It's time to get a guy in the first 3 rounds of the draft to address this position long term, who can hopefully combine with Scott to be the answer.

well, well. the dog, as always greatly appreciates your "fresh" perspectives and expert analysis "allstar"jim...interesting take on jacobs above, given, well, this thread:

http://www.sportswrath.com/index.php?showtopic=39536

Dude you are crazy. BB, you know I've got love for you, but Bradshaw possibly being out for the season works in our favor? That's big time wishful thinking.

Jacobs has to show it first, because so far, he hasn't. He also isn't the receiver that Bradshaw is. And none of them pick up blitzers as well as Bradshaw. Bradshaw's loss is enormous. All we can do now is HOPE that Ware or Scott can step up, and that Jacobs turns back the clock. This is definitely bad news.

You read me wrong. No starter being out is in anyones favor, but something good can still come out of this. Everyone can bash Jacobs all they want, but when given the carries, he gets into a flow and can damage oppsing Ds. And this will give Scott a chance to show what he's got, which I think is something good. Plus, our run gane has been minimal thus far, its not like Ahmads been carrying our Offense. I do think Ahmad is a better receiver, but not by much IMO.

After 2012 season. Which I'm sure the Eagles will devote a lot of money to resigning him. I want the next McCoy out of the draft.

exactly, I don't want a RB out of free agency. I went one with fresh legs in the draft. We have no shot at Richardson, unless we win one out of the last nine. Lamar Miller, is the next best option, I would love to have him.

Guest StrahansGap

Good ( or better) news from Rotoworld:

Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - Giants

A "person familiar" with Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) tells ESPN's Adam Schefter Bradshaw's injury is "not serious" and he "should play Sunday."

Bradshaw himself has lent the report some credence, telling the New York Daily News it's "not out of the question" he plays against the Patriots. Coach Tom Coughlin is expected to update the situation after practice. Schefter rarely misses, so for now consider the situation fluid. If Bradshaw does play, it would almost certainly be in a limited capacity.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Nov 3 - 2:11 PM

here is how his contract breaks down for an always injured back.

SIGNING BONUS: $5 million

BASE SALARIES

2011: $1.5 million (guaranteed)

2012: $3 million ($2.5 million guaranteed)

2013: $3.75 million

2014: $4 million

WORKOUT BONUSES: $250,000 each in 2012, '13 and '14

So that makes Bradshaw's salary cap numbers:

2011: $2.25 million

2012: $3 million

2013: $6.25 million

2014: $6.5 million

well, well. the dog, as always greatly appreciates your "fresh" perspectives and expert analysis "allstar"jim...interesting take on jacobs above, given, well, this thread:

http://www.sportswrath.com/index.php?showtopic=39536

Thank you for the compliments, Dog. I appreciate it. My take was and still is Jacobs is better than Marion Barber. And when I say Jacobs doesn't have a lot of tread left on the tires, I'm taking a long view. Plus his diva act is old. Jacobs will be on the other side of 30 next season, and his style of running means he probably isn't going to play long into his 30's. I do think he is capable of playing well for the remainder of this season. But resigning him given his behavior and his mileage, would be a mistake. But I'd still prefer him over Barber.

When I say it's time to address the position in the draft it's a reflection of the injury history of Bradshaw and Jacob's age and behavior. But not a reflection of Jacobs' on field performance.

here is how his contract breaks down for an always injured back.

SIGNING BONUS: $5 million

BASE SALARIES

2011: $1.5 million (guaranteed)

2012: $3 million ($2.5 million guaranteed)

2013: $3.75 million

2014: $4 million

WORKOUT BONUSES: $250,000 each in 2012, '13 and '14

So that makes Bradshaw's salary cap numbers:

2011: $2.25 million

2012: $3 million

2013: $6.25 million

2014: $6.5 million

i might be missing something, but how does his 2013 cap hit get to 6.25 million?

Not good news at all. Jacobs is already having problems with his knee, isn't he?

Ware has shown nothing, and if he had anything, this would have been the season to show it. He's still Danny Ware.

I'd like to see more of Scott, but I'm not ready to call him a savior yet. Far too little previous work for that right now.

Is Andre Brown still around?

This could end up killing our chances at getting into the playoffs. Even though we haven't run the ball alot, the opponents must still account for Ahmad and he keeps them honest while Eli throws.

I'm anxious to see Da’Rel Scott run a bit, but there is no way he will block the way Bradshaw has blocked or have the NFL mindset that Bradshaw has. Hopefully, he's amazing and doesn't fumble and becomes a quick study for routes and blocking assignments. But we've already gotten our one miracle for the season finding a real Tight End already on the team....not to mention, a real fine Steve Smith replacement already on the roster. Don't see us finding another miracle like that.

I don't trust Jacobs can stay healthy if he gets a lot of touches because everyone dives at his legs since finding out he doesn't go down when grabbed waist high. We'll be lucky if he's not on the I.R. after 2 games.

This is really a bad situation because we need a solid running game to go places.

Houston....we have a problem!

Thank you for the compliments, Dog. I appreciate it. My take was and still is Jacobs is better than Marion Barber. And when I say Jacobs doesn't have a lot of tread left on the tires, I'm taking a long view. Plus his diva act is old. Jacobs will be on the other side of 30 next season, and his style of running means he probably isn't going to play long into his 30's. I do think he is capable of playing well for the remainder of this season. But resigning him given his behavior and his mileage, would be a mistake. But I'd still prefer him over Barber.

When I say it's time to address the position in the draft it's a reflection of the injury history of Bradshaw and Jacob's age and behavior. But not a reflection of Jacobs' on field performance.

you know, "allstar"jim, when the dog rereads that thread, it is almost as if you have a mild crush on jacobs. now, you have come to your senses. good to see the last race horse (other than bigblue) cross the finish line. the dog always welcomes the late comers.

by the way, since you are a stat guy (at least in the thread highlighted), have you looked at the stats between jacobs and barber? let's see...very comparable...in fact, barber has more yards per carry, more rushing tds, and once more, barber has accepted his role without issue and been productive...as the dog said in that thread, he would be a fit for some team, and so he has been. barber > jacobs...

exactly, I don't want a RB out of free agency. I went one with fresh legs in the draft. We have no shot at Richardson, unless we win one out of the last nine. Lamar Miller, is the next best option, I would love to have him.

The Giants need to target an SEC back....they need a fucking workhorse who is used to playing against very physical teams.

If the Giants go find another Ray Rice type of back, they would be set.