SportsWrath

Garafolo: Bradshaw Out Indefinitely With Cracked Bone In Foot

Mr. P

Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw suffered a cracked bone in his foot during Sunday's game against the Dolphins and is out indefinitely, according to someone informed of Bradshaw's health status.

The person, who requested anonymity because the Giants haven't provided full details on Bradshaw's injury, said the fifth-year veteran is mulling whether to have corrective surgery. Bradshaw has had similar issues with both feet and ankles in recent years and has undergone surgery to insert screws into his feet.

Bradshaw left the game against Miami to undergo X-rays on his foot and then returned after it was determined one of the screws was aggravating his foot. It was believed he had suffered no structural damage.

It's unclear at this point how long Bradshaw will be sidelined, though it's clear the Giants are headed to New England with Brandon Jacobs set to carry the load. Jacobs has struggled this season and gained only 10 yards on four carries against Miami but vowed earlier this week to have a changed attitude that will result in his "scoring these touchdowns" moving forward.

Tom Coughlin will address reporters after practice, so expect an update on Bradshaw's situation early this afternoon.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/11/giants_running_back_ahmad_brad_1.html

Considering our run game hasnt been up to par thus far, I dont see this as a huge blow. Now Jacobs will get rolling, and that can be dangerous. Also, Ware is adequate, and I think we have a hidden gem in Scott.

Seeing as Eli has been almost carrying us, I think this works in our favor. :thumbs:

Thanks for posting...had to adjust fantasy team.

Interestingly enough, I came across this when benching Bradshaw. Not saying Welker will miss the game and it appears the Patriots are being particularly quiet about it. Giants should prepare for him regardless, but if they don't have Welker...that's as big a blow to them as losing Bradshaw is to us.

Wes Welker | WR | NE

Welker missed Wednesday's practice with a neck injury, Ian Rapoport of The Boston Herald reports.

Spin: Welker has struggled the past two weeks, only compiling 84 yards, and it's possible this injury has been affecting him more than the team has let on. There still haven't been any reports suggesting he could miss Sunday's game, but we'll keep a sharp eye on his practice status throughout the week.

Dude you are crazy. BB, you know I've got love for you, but Bradshaw possibly being out for the season works in our favor? That's big time wishful thinking.

Jacobs has to show it first, because so far, he hasn't. He also isn't the receiver that Bradshaw is. And none of them pick up blitzers as well as Bradshaw. Bradshaw's loss is enormous. All we can do now is HOPE that Ware or Scott can step up, and that Jacobs turns back the clock. This is definitely bad news.

Silver lining:

Jacobs get his wish.. put up or shut up... either way I don't see you in blue past this season.

Ware gets in rhythem... Scott is activated... if this guy is what we think he is.. this is it.

Basically I didn't say anything that hasn't been said but you know :cool:

One thing is for sure... Ware is uninspiring as a runner. He runs tough and I like him, but he doesn't have a lot of wiggle, and he doesn't have the explosion or top end speed. He's going to be a guy that runs hard and has forward lean, hopefully will get you 4 or 5 and it's a bonus if he gets any more. Looking long term, no matter what we see out of Scott this year, RB has to be a big focus in the draft next year. Jacobs honestly shouldn't be back with his behavior and plus there is not a lot of tread on those tires left anyway. And unfortunately, Bradshaw's feet look like they could be a career-threatening or shortening issue. At minimum, I love the guy, because he plays with the biggest heart, but he has a problem that doesn't look to go away.

It's time to get a guy in the first 3 rounds of the draft to address this position long term, who can hopefully combine with Scott to be the answer.

One thing is for sure... Ware is uninspiring as a runner. He runs tough and I like him, but he doesn't have a lot of wiggle, and he doesn't have the explosion or top end speed. He's going to be a guy that runs hard and has forward lean, hopefully will get you 4 or 5 and it's a bonus if he gets any more. Looking long term, no matter what we see out of Scott this year, RB has to be a big focus in the draft next year. Jacobs honestly shouldn't be back with his behavior and plus there is not a lot of tread on those tires left anyway. And unfortunately, Bradshaw's feet look like they could be a career-threatening or shortening issue. At minimum, I love the guy, because he plays with the biggest heart, but he has a problem that doesn't look to go away.

It's time to get a guy in the first 3 rounds of the draft to address this position long term, who can hopefully combine with Scott to be the answer.

Any idea when LeSean McCoy is gonna be a free agent?

Can't think of any more excuses not to give Da'Rel Scott some more time....but I expect more DJ NoWhere instead.

You would think they wouldn't have Jacobs in on a lot of 3rd downs. I think you are correct regarding Ware, but I hope Coughy will allow Scott to show what he can do in the coming games.

After 2012 season. Which I'm sure the Eagles will devote a lot of money to resigning him. I want the next McCoy out of the draft.

True but our team seems very close to being very dominant for a long time.. looking at the young guys we now have, I'd rather have proven RB but who knows.. Scott my pan out the same way Ballard has so far...

You would think they wouldn't have Jacobs in on a lot of 3rd downs. I think you are correct regarding Ware, but I hope Coughy will allow Scott to show what he can do in the coming games.

Time to stop coddling the rookie and see what he can do in a regular season game.

Trent Richardson? LaMichael James? Who do you have in mind?

Marcus Lattimore in 2013?

I like Trent Richardson, but it's too early for me to have an informed opinion. One thing I will say is that LaMichael James to me is the next Reggie Bush. I don't think he has the body to be a three down running back in the NFL.

Yup the Da'rell Scott age has arrived. Ware has nothing and Jacobs is now in a position to finally show he still has something this season. As bad as the running game has been this season, Bradshaw still kept teams from just loading up to stop the pass. Now Jacobs has to do that same job and hopefully improve our running game.

4 carries a game is not going to get it done.