SportsWrath

Giants - the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL

Allstarjim

A week ago I heard so many commentators talk about how the Cowboys were the favorite to win the division, citing a favorable schedule ahead compared to the Giants, with fewer question marks than the Eagles and Redskins.

After last night's absolute whooping of the Cowboys by the Eagles, Steve Mariucci and Michael Irvin proclaimed the Eagles as the "best team in the NFL not named the Packers." WHAT?! Only Deion Sanders gave a sensible answer saying it's the Steelers.

The Giants have a 2 game lead in the division with a QB that is playing at an MVP level, and yes, Eli should be in the MVP conversation with his play thus far.

Not to mention the same team that has that 2 game lead in the division has already beaten the Eagles this year.

Keep relishing the underdog role, because it looks like the Giants will still be wearing it for awhile.

We Struggled to beat the DOLPHINS... Teams we should have pounded we let stay in the game (even win seahawks) i don't blame anyone for doubting us, that being said the media has a hard on for vick cuz its popular. One game at a time this, isn't a popularity contest and it seems whenever the media thinks we are great we will blow and when they say we suck we get a chip on our shoulders and play better. Bring on the Pats and hopefully Nicks is ok

We Struggled to beat the DOLPHINS... Teams we should have pounded we let stay in the game (even win seahawks) i don't blame anyone for doubting us, that being said the media has a hard on for vick cuz its popular. One game at a time this, isn't a popularity contest and it seems whenever the media thinks we are great we will blow and when they say we suck we get a chip on our shoulders and play better. Bring on the Pats and hopefully Nicks is ok

But we won. I'd rather struggle and win than to struggle and lose. The Eagles have lost 4 games. I'm just commenting on how these broadcasters change their minds on a weekly basis. The only thing that matters is what you did in your most recent game. If we beat the Patriots, no matter how ugly, they will all jump off the Eagles' bandwagon and back on ours.

It really doesn't matter, anyway, I also kind of like that nobody will give the Giants respect... I'd rather them play with that chip on their shoulders that they still have something to prove... and they do.

If you watch the miami game you could tell why no one give us respect. There's a difference between winning with a fashion and one with pulling teeth. The Giants dosen't have that "I'll kick your ass the whole entire game" mentality.

I don't really remember when I was ever comfortable watching a giants game until we are up by 21 points and 2 minutes left in the 4. Wait that's maybe cuz I'm already pass out from downing a 6 pack of dogfish head.

If you watch the miami game you could tell why no one give us respect. There's a difference between winning with a fashion and one with pulling teeth. The Giants dosen't have that "I'll kick your ass the whole entire game" mentality.

I don't really remember when I was ever comfortable watching a giants game until we are up by 21 points and 2 minutes left in the 4. Wait that's maybe cuz I'm already pass out from downing a 6 pack of dogfish head.

it's never easy in the NFL period. I don't buy that somehow we should be blowing out opponents... NE didn't exactly destroy Miami either. And let's not discount the desparation factor... Miami had shit to lose and they were put in place... where I'm worried is that our running game stinks and our run D stinks...

The running game maybe a product of the OL which can and has to be fixed.. now. And our run D seems to be a byproduct of this 4 2 5 alignment..

A week ago I heard so many commentators talk about how the Cowboys were the favorite to win the division, citing a favorable schedule ahead compared to the Giants, with fewer question marks than the Eagles and Redskins.

After last night's absolute whooping of the Cowboys by the Eagles, Steve Mariucci and Michael Irvin proclaimed the Eagles as the "best team in the NFL not named the Packers." WHAT?! Only Deion Sanders gave a sensible answer saying it's the Steelers.

The Giants have a 2 game lead in the division with a QB that is playing at an MVP level, and yes, Eli should be in the MVP conversation with his play thus far.

Not to mention the same team that has that 2 game lead in the division has already beaten the Eagles this year.

Keep relishing the underdog role, because it looks like the Giants will still be wearing it for awhile.

I saw that last night--I went slack-jawed. I could think of quite a few better teams than the Eagles right now, and not include any team in the NFCE.

The Dolphins played mistake-free ball up until the final possession. Give them some credit. When that hppens, it's a close game. I think the Giants were laying back and waiting for them to make mistakes.

Then Matt "Elway" Moore started playing out of his head. The Giants adjusted and took it to them. But you're right, the Giants usually can't stand prosperity.

o.k.. maybe i'm blind but is Kiwi hurting us and forcing the D to play 4-2-5???.. by no mean i'm saying Kiwi is a bad player.... but why can't we try the standard 4-3-4? i thought our rookie LBs are good .. or maybe that just shows how not prepare they are to play 4-3-4...

I don't think the problem is Kiwi.. or the LBs... I think they try to get more CBs on the field..

o.k.. maybe i'm blind but is Kiwi hurting us and forcing the D to play 4-2-5???.. by no mean i'm saying Kiwi is a bad player.... but why can't we try the standard 4-3-4? i thought our rookie LBs are good .. or maybe that just shows how not prepare they are to play 4-3-4...

Not as far as I can tell--I think Kiwi is having a pretty good year.

A win is a win. I don't buy all this "we barely beat" the Dolphins garbage. So what? We did beat them. We could go 12-4 and win by a total of 12 points over the season and I wouldn't give a shit.