SportsWrath

Top 25 Most Overrated New York Giants in Franchise History (Modern Era)

fringe

The New York Giants are one of the most storied franchises in the NFL, and like all the others, they have had some pretty overrated players and coaches come and go.

Admittedly, to truly understand whether or not a player is overrated, you have to have been around during that time, so many players from the early 90s will be overrated based on their draft position.

This will feel like a worst draft picks in Giants history to some extent, but to me, those go hand in hand with being overrated.

Calling all wise fans, feel free to tell me I'm dead wrong on any of these players. I would love the insight from real fans rather than what I can gather on the internet. My dad can only remember so much.

Anyways, this list is the top 25 overrated players and coaches in the modern era, which I've taken to be since Super Bowl I.

P.S. There really isn't any order to this list, other than the last guy being the most overrated.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/889370-top-25-most-overrated-new-york-giants-in-franchise-history-modern-era

Anyway, I wasn't trying to insult you, blu. I just hate bleacherreport and was really just talking about how this place has been in a lull since we haven't had a Giants game in almost two weeks to talk about. I'm sure things will pick up once we have Sunday's game to talk about. Cheers.

Terrible article. Who the hell overrates George Adams or Kanavis McGhee?

It's as if hoping a 1st rounder isn't a total bust is the same as overrating a player. And that's simply not true.

I mean, Craig Morton? Half the time, he was booed off the field--how is he overrated?

Anyway, I wasn't trying to insult you, blu. I just hate bleacherreport and was really just talking about how this place has been in a lull since we haven't had a Giants game in almost two weeks to talk about. I'm sure things will pick up once we have Sunday's game to talk about. Cheers.

thats how i took it (although blu is gone)

The New York Giants are one of the most storied franchises in the NFL, and like all the others, they have had some pretty overrated players and coaches come and go.

Admittedly, to truly understand whether or not a player is overrated, you have to have been around during that time, so many players from the early 90s will be overrated based on their draft position.

This will feel like a worst draft picks in Giants history to some extent, but to me, those go hand in hand with being overrated.

Calling all wise fans, feel free to tell me I'm dead wrong on any of these players. I would love the insight from real fans rather than what I can gather on the internet. My dad can only remember so much.

Anyways, this list is the top 25 overrated players and coaches in the modern era, which I've taken to be since Super Bowl I.

P.S. There really isn't any order to this list, other than the last guy being the most overrated.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/889370-top-25-most-overrated-new-york-giants-in-franchise-history-modern-era

About two thirds of the selections are spot on....but my boy you lost me when you blamed the infliction of a shit ass coach whose first initial of his last name is H....as in Handjob....he blames it on Arcorsi....and not the true culprit George Young. That blows away all of his previous selections especially Hoss and Simms when he does not fact check himself. :TD:

It's as if hoping a 1st rounder isn't a total bust is the same as overrating a player. And that's simply not true.

I mean, Craig Morton? Half the time, he was booed off the field--how is he overrated?

Exactly Gut...just a poser trying to come across as knowledgeable. :jerkoff:

About two thirds of the selections are spot on....but my boy you lost me when you blamed the infliction of a shit ass coach whose first initial of his last name is H....as in Handjob....he blames it on Arcorsi....and not the true culprit George Young. That blows away all of his previous selections especially Hoss and Simms when he does not fact check himself. :TD:

yeah- and i would have harry carson prominently on that list. tongue.gif

Exactly...turrible.

morton did go on and lead the broncos and the whole "orange crush" thing to a 12-2 record. throwing to the likes of haven moses (is there a better receiver name?).

morton opened (and closed) a bar in SF a few years back. while it was open i did have a night with him to discuss the giants over single malts. we were coherent for a while. good guy.

morton did go on and lead the broncos and the whole "orange crush" thing to a 12-2 record. throwing to the likes of haven moses (is there a better receiver name?).

morton opened (and closed) a bar in SF a few years back. while it was open i did have a night with him to discuss the giants over single malts. we were coherent for a while. good guy.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, and it's awfully hard to throw while looking at clouds; but I don't think too many people are singing his praises over his time in the Meadowlands.

Him going to the SB the very next season just made it worse.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, and it's awfully hard to throw while looking at clouds; but I don't think too many people are singing his praises over his time in the Meadowlands.

Him going to the SB the very next season just made it worse.

was he even in the meadowlands? i guess he was, '76 was the first season, right? he was backed up by joe pisarcik. ugh, ugly times.

but he was highly touted coming to the giants, who were spoiled by the greatness of norm snead.

was he even in the meadowlands? i guess he was, '76 was the first season, right? he was backed up by joe pisarcik. ugh, ugly times.

but he was highly touted coming to the giants, who were spoiled by the greatness of norm snead.

yep, '76 was the first season in the stadium.

He had his work cut out for him all right; Morton had quite some shoes to fill.

how in the hell do "worst draft picks" and "overrated" even come close to being the same thing?

you either do a bust article or an overrated article.

Example- Osi Umenyiora, Antrel Rolle would be two players who are overrated. Cedric Jones was a bust.

David Diehl? This article blows, dude. Diehl was like a 6th round pick or some shit and has dominated wherever he's been told to lineup (until this year). That is NOT the definition of overrated.

absolute worst sports website in history. I made the mistake of signing up for their email list. I get spammed every day with retarded and poorly written articles.

One would have to be highly rated to be a bust.

No, an overrated NFL player accomplishes something, has a good season or two, and then is average the rest of his career, yet people still think said player is amazing.

Brandon Lloyd. Currently the most overrated wide receiver in the league, for example. But he didn't come into the NFL and do absolutely nothing to be rated in the first place, he had several below average seasons and one extraordinary season, and now people think he's going to be the Rams offense for years. THAT'S being overrated, he's shown nothing in his career that says he can come play on a struggling team and make them any better, he was on a struggling team for years and sucked. The majority of players this child listed did nothing as New York Giants in the first place. You can't overrate guys like Cedric Jones and Derek Brown. They were terrible, there wasn't a single person even rating them in the NFL.

The article claims:

"Top 25 Most Overrated New York Giants in Franchise History (Modern Era)"

Not the players the Giants most overrated coming out of college. Because otherwise, you could say every player drafted in the first by the Giants throughout the 90s and all the way up to about either Shockey (who IS, in fact, overrated) or Rivers/Manning and call them overrated. I'd call 90% of them busts, but that's because I understand there's a huge difference between being overrated and being a bust.