SportsWrath

Lavar, Me First, Me First.......

Guest nosebleed

Guest Lockhart

The Redskin fans are laughing at us - getting excited over signing one of their bench jockeys - they hated losing Pierce to the Giants, but now know where the weak link is on the Giants defense with Arrington in the game - this signing is worse than the Ron dayne, William Joseph, or Barrett Green. The Coaches will be complaining about this guy before August is over.

Arrington, is never in the prpoer position, doesn'tlisten to the coaches and does what he wants. He will be the target for every opposing offense.

Edited by Lockhart

The Redskin fans are laughing at us

Quotes from their message board...

"oh....... balls. Goodbye Brunell"

"Oh God!!!!!!! Life Is Not Good!!!!"

"whatever. He will have the same impact as pierce. Good for them.."

"Oh well, a slap in the face to all of us, by Lavar"

"I really wish he'd left the NFC East."

Link for your pathetic piece of shit ass

Guest Nutty Sack
Quotes from their message board...

"oh....... balls. Goodbye Brunell"

"Oh God!!!!!!! Life Is Not Good!!!!"

"whatever. He will have the same impact as pierce. Good for them.."

"Oh well, a slap in the face to all of us, by Lavar"

"I really wish he'd left the NFC East."

Link for your pathetic piece of shit ass

Why do two white guys seem to be listening intently to a thug in a Shockey jersey ???? :confused:

I used to post on giants.com (about 4 years back) but I was amused by all the anti-Lavar chatter, so I decided to break my silence.

The Redskins were 5-6 before Arrington finally got out of Joe Gibbs' doghouse (out of necessity because the Skins were a sinking ship). They ended the regular season with five straight wins, won a playoff game at Tampa where Arrington's defense totally dominated the action, and gave Seattle's offense a pretty tough time on their home turf but only lost because their own offense was inept.

I just don't understand why any Giants fan would be opposed to bringing in one of the top linebackers in football. We got him at a pretty decent price and with his presence, the front seven now has four Pro-Bowl caliber players (Pierce, Osi and Strahan being the others).

Unless of course, the people opposed to Arrington's signing are Cowboys fans in disguise, fearing for the life of their immobile quarterback.

I rest my case.

I used to post on giants.com (about 4 years back) but I was amused by all the anti-Lavar chatter, so I decided to break my silence.

The Redskins were 5-6 before Arrington finally got out of Joe Gibbs' doghouse (out of necessity because the Skins were a sinking ship). They ended the regular season with five straight wins, won a playoff game at Tampa where Arrington's defense totally dominated the action, and gave Seattle's offense a pretty tough time on their home turf but only lost because their own offense was inept.

I just don't understand why any Giants fan would be opposed to bringing in one of the top linebackers in football. We got him at a pretty decent price and with his presence, the front seven now has four Pro-Bowl caliber players (Pierce, Osi and Strahan being the others).

Unless of course, the people opposed to Arrington's signing are Cowboys fans in disguise, fearing for the life of their immobile quarterback.

I rest my case.

SO your out of the closet !! good for you.

About arrington, I think if I am correct the contract is perfomance ladden in nature

which is good for both sides and i am happy that the contract is that way. So I like

the signing under those circumstances. The other issue I like is that lavar really wants

to play for NY and wants to make a statement to the skins that they made a mistake so

motivation both financially and in terms of the old team may make this a place he wants to play.

I also like the fact that lavar is playing next to his good friend and old teammate A. Pierce.

When you add everything up if Lavar can stay healthy it should be a real shot in thearm

for LB unit especially if the Gints get a LB in the 1st round. That would add a tremendous lift for

the LB squad and upgrade the D. The proof as always will come in sept.

Guest Carbo

In a nutshell, we heard the same praises being sung for last year's savior, Plaxico Burress. Instead, the Giants got a whining, self absorbed quitter. Burress is no number one receiver, and the Giants were duped.

Lavar will be more of the same. The Giants Front Office panicked, the consequences of which will be evident by midseason, at the latest.

In a nutshell, we heard the same praises being sung for last year's savior, Plaxico Burress. Instead, the Giants got a whining, self absorbed quitter. Burress is no number one receiver, and the Giants were duped.

Lavar will be more of the same. The Giants Front Office panicked, the consequences of which will be evident by midseason, at the latest.

Oh brother, another "why I hate Burress" when this topic is about Arrington.

I rest my case.

Thank you for joining. I sometimes wonder if the fag4 are really Giants fans as they claim. If you guys notice one thing about the fag4. They never give anytype of props to the Giants org. Doesn't that sound like a rival fan talking?

Let me guess...your team finished at 9-7, third in the NFC East, and failed to make the playoffs.

Plaxico is an incredibly competitive individual and a fine #1 target for this football team. He's one of my last worries as a Giants fan. He finished 9th in the league in yards (1214), averaged 16 yards a catch (5th in NFL for any receiver with 50 catches or more) and scored 7 TDs. That is a #1 receiver no matter what way you try to slice and dice it.

Were it not for Burress the Giants fail to make the playoffs. He changed the offense significantly and made it much harder on opposing defenses. It allowed Shockey to post a big year and more importantly took a man out of the box most instances, allowing Tiki to run wild.

On Arrington:

Ask any offensive coordinator in this league if they are comfortable facing a defense with Arrington rushing the passer on Osi Umenyiora's side. I GUARANTEE all 32 of them won't like the sound of it. That tandem would force any offensive coordinator in football to move the strong side of their formation that way to prevent the QB from getting plastered. Arrington will be more effective here than he was in DC because he's got Pro Bowl talent playing in front of him.

Barring injury, these guys are serious playmakers and I'd rather they be in New York than Philly, Dallas or Washington.

Great - another me-first guy. Wait until he gives up 3 or 4 70+ yard TDs because he is out of position - that's wwwwwwwhy Gibbs benched him and that is why Ccoughlin will have to, unless of course he is already on the IR by then.

We'll have to add this to your ever-expanding list of wrong predictions, asshole. Not that we didn't know this before, but you now have negative credibility, loser. Maybe you can predict who the Giants will draft first round, so we can look to who they will really draft. Can't wait for others to pull all of your posts guaranteeing that the Giants would not sign LA. Keep backpedaling, moron. :LMAO::clap:

Good call on the Giants not signing LA, Useless Piece of Shit. I am sure you are in total denial now, asshole. Let your sorry-ass backpedaling/name calling begin. Each of the FAG 4 is as stupid as the other, with you being the biggest idiot. Your next wrong prediction, please. :LMAO::TU:

What ever happened to the Giant organization that I knew ?? Where evaluaters and scouts had the conviction to draft the right football player and mold him into a home grown Giant football player ?? Why are we bringing in head cases all of a sudden. First Plax now this. Do you think for one moment this guys going to change his stripes ?? You think he's going to take direction from AP or the coaching staff ??

Get ready for another remake of Mutiny on the Bounty coming to theatres near you this fall !!

This is the day ansd age of the salary cap and FA...

where have you been?

Players are mercs now....I knew you guys where slow but come on...

Let me guess...your team finished at 9-7, third in the NFC East, and failed to make the playoffs.

Plaxico is an incredibly competitive individual and a fine #1 target for this football team. He's one of my last worries as a Giants fan. He finished 9th in the league in yards (1214), averaged 16 yards a catch (5th in NFL for any receiver with 50 catches or more) and scored 7 TDs. That is a #1 receiver no matter what way you try to slice and dice it.

Were it not for Burress the Giants fail to make the playoffs. He changed the offense significantly and made it much harder on opposing defenses. It allowed Shockey to post a big year and more importantly took a man out of the box most instances, allowing Tiki to run wild.

On Arrington:

Ask any offensive coordinator in this league if they are comfortable facing a defense with Arrington rushing the passer on Osi Umenyiora's side. I GUARANTEE all 32 of them won't like the sound of it. That tandem would force any offensive coordinator in football to move the strong side of their formation that way to prevent the QB from getting plastered. Arrington will be more effective here than he was in DC because he's got Pro Bowl talent playing in front of him.

Barring injury, these guys are serious playmakers and I'd rather they be in New York than Philly, Dallas or Washington.

Please continue to post here. I bet of you.

The Redskin fans are laughing at us - getting excited over signing one of their bench jockeys - they hated losing Pierce to the Giants, but now know where the weak link is on the Giants defense with Arrington in the game - this signing is worse than the Ron dayne, William Joseph, or Barrett Green. The Coaches will be complaining about this guy before August is over.

Arrington, is never in the prpoer position, doesn'tlisten to the coaches and does what he wants. He will be the target for every opposing offense.

your confused....

everyone laughs at you lockhart it's got nothing to do with arrington..

Glauber goes over the top a bit in the article. The LT references were stale 5 years ago. But the backbone of his argument is something that shouldn't simply be glossed over by Giants fans in the wake of the signing. Lavar, while being incredibly talented, has not lived up to his billing. At least part of his underachieving can be chalked up to his freelancing. I'm sorry but this isn't a minor thing. The game of football is a team concept. The best defenses work because every guy knows his responsibility and conversely knows where his teammates are. If Lavar thinks he's above that concept then there there is potential for major problems. If Lavar lines up with the assignment of covering the tight end but instead decides he can get to the passer and blitzes, he's hanging his teammates out to dry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this won't happen but if it does, the first guy who needs to get in his face is Pierce. He lobbied for Arrington, he needs to make sure he understands that gloryhogging it simply won't be tolerated.

My first concern in pursuing this signing was money related. I think the front office did a solid job of adding a quality player to a need position without overspending. This was especially impressive considering the Postons are not the easiest cats to deal with.

Now my next concern is that Arrington buys into the system and respects the coaches and his teammates.

Lastly, there's still the issue of his knees. If he breaks down come December, we're in the same spot as last season. However, football is a game of injuries and there's no sense fretting over who will be healthy 8 months from now.

Glauber goes over the top a bit in the article. The LT references were stale 5 years ago. But the backbone of his argument is something that shouldn't simply be glossed over by Giants fans in the wake of the signing. Lavar, while being incredibly talented, has not lived up to his billing. At least part of his underachieving can be chalked up to his freelancing. I'm sorry but this isn't a minor thing. The game of football is a team concept. The best defenses work because every guy knows his responsibility and conversely knows where his teammates are. If Lavar thinks he's above that concept then there there is potential for major problems. If Lavar lines up with the assignment of covering the tight end but instead decides he can get to the passer and blitzes, he's hanging his teammates out to dry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this won't happen but if it does, the first guy who needs to get in his face is Pierce. He lobbied for Arrington, he needs to make sure he understands that gloryhogging it simply won't be tolerated.

My first concern in pursuing this signing was money related. I think the front office did a solid job of adding a quality player to a need position without overspending. This was especially impressive considering the Postons are not the easiest cats to deal with.

Now my next concern is that Arrington buys into the system and respects the coaches and his teammates.

Lastly, there's still the issue of his knees. If he breaks down come December, we're in the same spot as last season. However, football is a game of injuries and there's no sense fretting over who will be healthy 8 months from now.

very good post

which leads to the continuing idea of drafting LB's in the draft !

very good post

which leads to the continuing idea of drafting LB's in the draft !

Ernie Sims out of FSU would look great in Blue if we can't trade up for Ngata or Bunkley to play alongside Joseph at DT. He's drawn very close comparisons to Derrick Brooks (another Seminole alum) and in his senior year finally played like an NFL stud.

I'd rate the potential LBs like this: Sims > Carpenter > Greenway

A future LB corps of Pierce, Lavar and Sims would be devastating.

The other way I'd go is Cromartie out of Florida to play CB...his skill set looks a lot like Chris McAlister's when McAlister was drafted from Arizona.

If neither Cromartie or Sims are available at #25 I'd either draft Eric Winston at LT to protect Eli's blindside or trade down with a team like the Colts and get another 2nd or 3rd in what looks like a very deep draft.

Guest Lockhart
Ernie Sims out of FSU would look great in Blue if we can't trade up for Ngata or Bunkley to play alongside Joseph at DT. He's drawn very close comparisons to Derrick Brooks (another Seminole alum) and in his senior year finally played like an NFL stud.

The other way I'd go is Cromartie out of Florida to play CB...his skill set looks a lot like Chris McAlister's when McAlister was drafted from Arizona.

If neither Cromartie or Sims are available at #25 I'd either draft Eric Winston at LT to protect Eli's blindside or trade down with a team like the Colts and get another 2nd or 3rd in what looks like a very deep draft.

the Giants BETTER draft a LB this weekend and none they think can start rather quickly. Lavar has had two knee operations in the last two seasons - the Giants better have someone ready to take over as Arrington's chances of playing the full season aren't very good.

the Giants BETTER draft a LB this weekend and none they think can start rather quickly. Lavar has had two knee operations in the last two seasons - the Giants better have someone ready to take over as Arrington's chances of playing the full season aren't very good.

The chances of you making an intelligent post without being bitter and hateful aren't very good either, lockjerk. Looking forward to your next, wrong prediction. :LMAO::TU:

I don't think Cromartie or Sims will be available when we select but either one at 25 would be a steal. I also agree that LT should be on our radar. If we can get Eric Winston in round 1 I'm happy.

I think you left a LB off your list though. D'Meco Ryans would be an excellent pick for us. I'd rather him than Carpenter.