SportsWrath

Who makes these schedules GB has a cakewalk and we

JackStroud

have the schedule from HELL

Actually I like it, as we get an entertaining game each week which I think we can win...........but really

We didnt make the playoffs, and they won the SB and their schedule is half as hard as ours

Who constructs these schedules????

I just hope Tom Coughlin does not come across the field after we pummel the 49rs and clock Jim Harbaugh at the 50 yd line LOL :smartass:

You know everything about the schedule is actually a set system?

You play 6 games in your division, 4 games against another division in your conference, and 4 games against a division in the other conference, these divisions being selected by rotation.

That leaves two games, which you play against the teams in the remaining two divisions in your conference which finished the previous season in the same position in their division as you finished in yours. (So for example, in your example, the Packers NFC games are against their division, the NFC North, and a division by rotation, which this year is the NFC South. Since the Packers finished their division as a #2 seed last year the other two games are played against the teams that finished #2 last year in the NFC East and NFC West, which is the Giants and Rams respectively.

It's designed to make it that every team in the league plays 4 games each against a 1 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed, and 4 seed team from the previous year.

-Z

You know everything about the schedule is actually a set system?

You play 6 games in your division, 4 games against another division in your conference, and 4 games against a division in the other conference, these divisions being selected by rotation.

That leaves two games, which you play against the teams in the remaining two divisions in your conference which finished the previous season in the same position in their division as you finished in yours. (So for example, in your example, the Packers NFC games are against their division, the NFC North, and a division by rotation, which this year is the NFC South. Since the Packers finished their division as a #2 seed last year the other two games are played against the teams that finished #2 last year in the NFC East and NFC West, which is the Giants and Rams respectively.

It's designed to make it that every team in the league plays 4 games each against a 1 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed, and 4 seed team from the previous year.

-Z

This has got to be the best response to a question I've ever heard on this board. Thanks

I'm not sure many people here didn't know this... aside from Jack I guess.

I knew the rotation deal with other divisions and I knew that the additional two games were based upon how you finished the previous year - but I did not know that they came from the other two divisions that your division has not rotated up against.

There's more to the schedule deal in terms of Home and Away games.

--Own division - 3 other teams - play them each at home AND away - 6 games total, three home and three away.

--Other division within conference - 4 teams - play them each 1x - 4 games total, two home and two away (in 3 years when we play this division again, the home and away games will flip flop).

--Other division in other conference - 4 teams - play them each 1x - 4 games total, two home and two away (in 4 years when we play this division again, the home and away games will flip flop).

--2 extra games discussed above - 2 teams - play each 1x - 2 games total, one home and one away.

Of the two extra games, does anyone know how they determine which is a home game and which is an away game?

Good question. Its going to be one hell of an accomplishment for the Giants this year if they can navigate this schedule. SF, NE, NO on the road and the one non divisional home game remaining is against the defending Super Bowl champs. Oh and Miami. I certainly wont assume a win there but god help them if they dont prepare well enough to win.

they just showed GB's schedule.....actually its pretty tough.......only one losing team

Jack Jack Jack .. I love you man.. but who are "they"? And home they "just" showed it? Didn't the NFL announce the schedule before the season started? I love you Jack :)