SportsWrath

Two Questions for The Dog

JMFP

1. Is Aaron Rodgers an elite QB?
  2. Is Drew Brees an elite QB?

I think you know where I'm going with this.

Good day Joe...the dog will preface this by saying that since it is a bye week, this is no doubt a fine time for the same old discussion, but be warned, the dog will have limited board time this week to engage...

Yes on both accounts. While it is still early in Rodgers career in terms of starts, the dog does not see any weaknesses in his game. Week in and week out he seems to be delivering on all areas. He moves well in the pocket, consistently hits his receivers covered or not, rarely makes mistakes with ball, wins, and has total command on the field. Brews is exceptional in terms of his preparation, second only to Peyton manning, and his accuracy. He turns the ball over a little too much for the dogs liking, but his performance is consistent. Take him out of New Orleans and you have a very average team.

And to head this off to a small degree, if manning can give a performance like yesterday regularly, then the dog can get behind him..but you know as well as the dog does that this has not been in his history...

Good day Joe...the dog will preface this by saying that since it is a bye week, this is no doubt a fine time for the same old discussion, but be warned, the dog will have limited board time this week to engage...

Yes on both accounts. While it is still early in Rodgers career in terms of starts, the dog does not see any weaknesses in his game. Week in and week out he seems to be delivering on all areas. He moves well in the pocket, consistently hits his receivers covered or not, rarely makes mistakes with ball, wins, and has total command on the field. Brews is exceptional in terms of his preparation, second only to Peyton manning, and his accuracy. He turns the ball over a little too much for the dogs liking, but his performance is consistent. Take him out of New Orleans and you have a very average team.

And to head this off to a small degree, if manning can give a performance like yesterday regularly, then the dog can get behind him..but you know as well as the dog does that this has not been in his history...

As always, I appreciate both your timely reply, and forthright response.

I was tempted to jump in and ask why Drew Brees is elite, when he is currently ranked below My Hero in the NFL QB Rankings. But I will hold my fire.

I believe patience will prove a virtue. I hope to return to this thread upon occasion, for I sense this is the season that will settle the "Is Eli Elite?" question once and for all.

I say this for a few reasons:

• Matchups against Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Romo, and Vick will all be taking place this season.
  • The absence of a dominating defense.
  • The absence of a consistent running game.

In short....if Eli remains at the top of these rankings, and wins a majority of these matchups, and makes a run at the playoffs, it would provide all the ammo I will need.

Stay tuned.

I was tempted to jump in and ask why Drew Brees is elite, when he is currently ranked below My Hero in the NFL QB Rankings. But I will hold my fire.

I believe patience will prove a virtue. I hope to return to this thread upon occasion, for I sense this is the season that will settle the "Is Eli Elite?" question once and for all.

• Matchups against Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Romo, and Vick will all be taking place this season.

In short....if Eli remains at the top of these rankings, and wins a majority of these matchups, and makes a run at the playoffs, it would provide all the ammo I will need.

Stay tuned.

Dont hurt em Hammer!!!!! :P

The difference is in the bodies of works. Rodgers and Brees RARELY have bad games. In fact, they normally have a game such as the one Eli had EVERY game. With Manning, you don't know what you're going to get, and it's always going to be like that for him.

We have to see Eli continue this for a bigger sample but this is a new Eli, and he's been building towards this all year...it was not just a fluke yesterday

1- He is slinging the ball not aiming it

2- He is moving expertly in the pocket and sliding up in the pocket to defeat the backside pincer attack by the DE's

3- His Receivers are the best by far he's ever had

4- His O-Line is coming together and giving him absurd time

5- He is hitting recievers in stride not slowing them down

6- He is throwing the ball away when necessary (a new trick and long overdue)

7- He is throwing the short passes with touch

8- He now throws a tight catchable spiral

9- He is feathering in the long passes in stride

10- no more stepping in the bucket and throwing the ball high as a result

11- no more staring down his receiver and he is looking off the DBs to confuse them

In short, he has come into his own

partly him, partly an improved OLine and RB blocking, definitelty the receivers are much much better than in the past, and the the OC is brazenling calling Air Coryell games.........you have to do that these days the rules allow it and demand it

If he keeps it up the sky is the limit both for Eli and for the Giants as a SB contender...........the one advantage he has over all the elite QBs is his immense size............he's a baby faced........ very big Dude

Eli could set Giants and NFL records this year......He now has the one ingredient all great athletes and people of all walks of life have that makes them stand out- CONFIDENCE <_<

Frankly I never thought I'd live to see this day, or write these words about Eli

The difference is in the bodies of works. Rodgers and Brees RARELY have bad games. In fact, they normally have a game such as the one Eli had EVERY game. With Manning, you don't know what you're going to get, and it's always going to be like that for him.

I think that has a lot to do with the Offensive Coordinator and the way he runs the offense.

I think that has a lot to do with the Offensive Coordinator and the way he runs the offense.

I totally agree. It's impressive watching offenses like GB, NE, and NO run their offense.

I was very impressed with the way the Giants ran theirs Sunday..........We will crush GB, NO, and the Hated Patriots and Hoodie

Like little cockroaches :05-mafia:

You're nuts. We should crush Miami. GB? Not a chance. We might win, but crush is out of our realm.

Yeah a win will do just fine. Im taking this team week to week right now. They bounced back nicely yesterday but Im not too quick to forget Seattle. Once the defense gets Tuck back and incorporates Prince into the mix we should have a better idea of what theyre capable of. Regardless, they will need complete, mistake free games top to bottom to hang with the upper echelon teams coming up.

I understand your point, but would counter by saying the Eli's career shows continual improvement (completion %, QB rating, etc).

If I'm not mistaken, he's coming off consecutive 4000 yard seasons.

But again, I understand your point, which is why I'll let this season unfold. So far this year, he's done nothing to damage my argument.

You're nuts. We should crush Miami. GB? Not a chance. We might win, but crush is out of our realm.

Just kidding Rik because we dont crush anyone

get a 10 pt lead we take our foot off the accelerator.......its a mental thing

We do physically beat them up though.......I got a big kick out of our last meeting with the Patriots when we tossed Tom Brady like a rag doll......he was supremely shocked and pissed........yelling at his lineman in full view of the cameras :smartass:

I totally agree. It's impressive watching offenses like GB, NE, and NO run their offense.

NO and NE both have losses just like us.

NE lost to Buffalo, a team we just beat pretty handily............If Manningham can hold onto a ball by a wider margin.

NE is not a balanced team.....their D is very poorly rated.....although they came up big against the Cowboys, who are not in our league. Even the Cowboys would have beaten NE (at home) if they called a few better plays at the end.

GB only beat us last year because we were careless with the ball.......Jacobs got it punched out from behind when we were starting to put them away. GB does not scare me. We are much improved this year.......GB is still GB. This will be our toughest game, but I expect revenge, especially as they have to come to us.

Our team is getting better by the week, and so when we get that far we should have all the pieces in place........GB is not improving (they have topped out) but already at a high level. I'm not sure GB could beat Detroit.....If Detroit maraudes Rogers on Thanksgiving it will take away their confidence and swagger and make them easier pickings for the Giants their very next game at MetLife.

If we bring heat, Arron Rogers like all QBs will turn to clay.....hes not Superman. Rogers like all QBs who play the Giants that week should go to church and pray he makes it through the Giants game without JPP or the other 5 usual suspects ending his season. :furious:

Stay tuned.

Fucking A....calling your shot....I never figured you'd go all....this guy Joe...Bravo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q2mFiN7GIc

C. Wagon

Another thread about Eli...awesome.

Eli is not in the conversation with Peyton, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers. He's very much in the conversation with Rivers, Roethlisberger, Stafford, Vick, and not only in the conversation with this second tier, but quite possibly heading it.

He's playing well this year, but what separates him from the top tier QBs is his consistency week in, week out, season in, and season out. Where he was advancing himself for a few years, he has a setback last year with the interceptions. This year, he seems to have limited those. Where his accuracy in years past has left a lot to be desired (throwing off his back foot....), that has seemingly improved since last year.

He shows flashes, but quite far from doing it frequently enough to elevate him into the upper echelon of QBs in the league. String two or three of these seasons together with 25+ TDs, 3700+ yards, and a 2:1 TD to turnover (fumble and interception) ratio -- then you can put him up there.

Am I happy to see him playing this well...absolutely. Am I a realist though...absolutely.

I understand your point, but would counter by saying the Eli's career shows continual improvement (completion %, QB rating, etc).

If I'm not mistaken, he's coming off consecutive 4000 yard seasons.

But again, I understand your point, which is why I'll let this season unfold. So far this year, he's done nothing to damage my argument.

I don't think Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers ever had to "improve".....they were just THAT good.

Brees and Manning are more alike, in my opinion, both QBs struggled early on.