SportsWrath

Giants Rewind

Steitzenhaus

Bob Papa and Amani Toomer were talking about the no huddle before the end of the first half. Papa asked why Eli looks so good in the no huddle and Toomer said he doesn't know why they don't go to it more often and perhaps they should switch things up a bit. Yeah, I wonder too. Especially with their recent inability to establish the run.

Bob Papa and Amani Toomer were talking about the no huddle before the end of the first half. Papa asked why Eli looks so good in the no huddle and Toomer said he doesn't know why they don't go to it more often and perhaps they should switch things up a bit. Yeah, I wonder too. Especially with their recent inability to establish the run.

We go over this every year, it seems like.

Eli works much better when he doesn't have 20 pre-snap reads and his receivers only have one or two patterns to run instead of five based on reads. Watch how well he does when Gilbride gets rid of all the wild gestures, fake audibles, and "Omaha" bullshit. Eli needs to just play, not run the "read and react" offensive equivalent.

We as fans get this. Kevin Gilbride, as a "genius offensive coordinator," does not.

We go over this every year, it seems like.

Eli works much better when he doesn't have 20 pre-snap reads and his receivers only have one or two patterns to run instead of five based on reads. Watch how well he does when Gilbride gets rid of all the wild gestures, fake audibles, and "Omaha" bullshit. Eli needs to just play, not run the "read and react" offensive equivalent.

We as fans get this. Kevin Gilbride, as a "genius offensive coordinator," does not.

X2, I absolutely agree Seph

Omaha was just the snap count....I think every team has an "Omaha" type call letting everyone know when the snap is coming....at least I'm pretty sure that's what it is....."Blue 42........Blue 42.............HUT!" ya know, like and then switch it up every now and then so that it's after the 1st Blue 42....etc.

But other than that, I completely agree. Manning is smart enough and veteran enough to do it..... but the thing is, I don't think his receivers are.

PLUS

There are other things that he does presnap that are necessary, pointing out the Mike, blitzers, shifting protection schemes, etc.....so that's why it'd be tough for us to run a "no-huddle" outside of 2 minutes....plus you can't just run no-huddle all game, or even a couple times a game....you're trying to rest your defense when you're on offense. So no-huddle, IMO, would be a terrible idea for our football team. And I think it's silly for another professional football player to even suggest it, lol *points at Toomer*.

Sure, maybe try it once, go ahead, but it better be early on in the game so if you give the ball away (no-huddle offense requires protection of the ball that Manning and company don't typically have), you have time to make up those points.

Those are my thoughts on it.

You think Manning doesnt want to run the no huddle?

I mean obviously the thought of running the no huddle more often has to have crossed the mind of JR, Coughlin and even SIlly Gilly at one point in time. Obviously something is preventing the Giants from running it and maybe it's Eli, not in the sense he cant do it but maybe after the coaches talked to him about it he didnt want to run it.

I dont know I just happen to think there is more to it then GIlly not recognizing the no huddle.