SportsWrath

How do the Giants fare the rest of the way?

Sephiroth

We're at 3-2 right now, in the thick of the easy part of the schedule.

Keep in mind we've beaten teams to this point that have a combined record of... 2 wins.

Here's who's on deck:

Buffalo

Miami

Patriots

Niners

Eagles

Saints

Packers

Cowboys

Skins

Jets

Cowboys (again)

Here's how I have us going...

Buffalo - L

Miami - W

Patriots - L

Niners - L

Eagles - L

Saints - L

Packers - L

Cowboys - L

Skins - W

Jets - W

Cowboys (again) - W

That puts us at 7-9. However, it also puts us in first place for the Bill Cowher sweepstakes.

I think we take down the Eagles, steal one from the Skins, and sweep the Cowboys.

A win against Miami and a win against San Francisco.

The Jets are a lot like us, they played the Patriots pretty well today yet played like crap against the Ravens, a team they probably could have beat. That game could go either way, they will probably beat us though, IMO.

So I'm going to say we are at 9-7.

We're at 3-2 right now, in the thick of the easy part of the schedule.

Keep in mind we've beaten teams to this point that have a combined record of... 2 wins.

Here's who's on deck:

Buffalo

Miami

Patriots

Niners

Eagles

Saints

Packers

Cowboys

Skins

Jets

Cowboys (again)

Here's how I have us going...

Buffalo - L

Miami - W

Patriots - L

Niners - L

Eagles - L

Saints - L

Packers - L

Cowboys - L

Skins - W

Jets - W

Cowboys (again) - W

That puts us at 7-9. However, it also puts us in first place for the Bill Cowher sweepstakes.

Your negativity is annoying.

I don't see us beating the Packers or the Patriots, but I think we have a good chance against our other opponents.

I'm thinking 7-9 to 9-7, assuming we don't/can't fix our running issues.

If the Giants struggle to run, and struggle to stop the run.....we aren't going anywhere this season.

No clue.

This team is like Ann Heche...I don't know what to expect.

Totally agree. The sum of our dline this year is better than last year, our LBs are much better than last year's edition, and we can't stop the run. :blink:

Our oline got younger, and we can't run block, which young linemen tend to learn faster; but the pass blocking isn't too horrible. But the weird thing is, we did a ton of shuffling last year, and we were much better last year: with most of the players that played last year still on the squad except for Seubert.

With the exceptions of Hynoski, Ross, and Ballard, our replacements are are as good, if not better than the players they replaced. And at least as a receiver, the dropoff from Boss to Ballard is surprisingly smaller than expected.

3-2 isn't terrible, but I would have thought we would be further along than we are at this point.

I think we take down the Eagles, steal one from the Skins, and sweep the Cowboys.

A win against Miami and a win against San Francisco.

The Jets are a lot like us, they played the Patriots pretty well today yet played like crap against the Ravens, a team they probably could have beat. That game could go either way, they will probably beat us though, IMO.

So I'm going to say we are at 9-7.

This is my guess, except I think we beat the jets.

10-6, good enough for 1st place in the division.

I see a lot of games we could potentially win. This team can easily go 10-6 if not better.

:confused:

You just lost at home to a bad Seahawks team who lost their starting quarterback. Saying you can easily go 10-6 or better seems like a big stretch.

Redskins are 3-1 and I think it will be difficult for us to go 9-7. I think 9-7 might end up being the best record in the NFC East though.

You just lost at home to a bad Seahawks team who lost their starting quarterback. Saying you can easily go 10-6 or better seems like a big stretch.

Redskins are 3-1 and I think it will be difficult for us to go 9-7. I think 9-7 might end up being the best record in the NFC East though.

Not in the NFL. Losses like that happen, and they arent as bad as you say. That D is better than people think, and they exposed our weaknesses. I think 10-6 is very doable, maybe 11-5. If those key injured players get back and Fewell gets his head out of his ass.

Any given sunday

I hear plenty already about how this team or that team is bad. Right now I see quite a few teams that are surprising everyone around the league, winning and losing games.

Not in the NFL. Losses like that happen, and they arent as bad as you say. That D is better than people think, and they exposed our weaknesses. I think 10-6 is very doable, maybe 11-5. If those key injured players get back and Fewell gets his head out of his ass.

Exactly, losses like that happen so saying 10-6 or 11-5 is easy is a stretch. You're schedule gets tougher not easier. You think the Seahawks with a backup quarterback, at home in New York is the only team that can exploit your weaknesses?

Right now I'd say the following teams would be favored to beat the Giants. NE,Packers,49'ers, Bills, NO, Jets.

Against the Redskins I'd put the odds as a toss up right now.

Not sure about Dallas. I have a feeling they are going to get better. Eagles appear on the verge of a meltdown.

I'd be surprised if the Giants do better than 9-7 and 8-8 is probably more realistic.

You could go 10-6 or 11-7 but you'll have to get better fast. Certainly not easy

What does this have to do with TC? And who is to say Bill Cowher will be any better? If you want to tweak the coaching staff then you need a stud DC... our D should play better than this and Fewel hasn't lived up to the hype.

Also, and I will keep saying this.. the Seahawks played very well... and we still had a chance to win the game.. granted we had a lot of lucky breaks go our way.. their fumbles in the redzone.. the Cruz TD catch.. and Gilbride shits the bed with a fucked up play to seal it for us... oh well... but I honestly don't want to see us changing coaches.. at least not with Cowher.

Eric from BBI is right.

The Giants have 6-8 wins written all over.

They are a team in transition, witness Cruz+Ballard. They make plays, they make bonehead plays.

Most disturbing, they cannot run or stop the run.

OL is in transition, DEF is way too banged up and without Tuck CANNOT stop the run.

This is not a good team, Eli is really carrying the bunch.

Sorry, this reminds me of 2003 and 2004. The OL and Defense need a lot of improvement, and their offensive skill players aside from Nicks and Eli, ehhh, not sold.

What does this have to do with TC? And who is to say Bill Cowher will be any better?

If a coaching change after this year is imminent I would agree that Cowher wouldn't be the way to go. He really isn't that much younger than Coughlin and the fact that he has been away from the game doesn' t excite me either.

Eric from BBI is right.

The Giants have 6-8 wins written all over.

They are a team in transition, witness Cruz+Ballard. They make plays, they make bonehead plays.

Most disturbing, they cannot run or stop the run.

OL is in transition, DEF is way too banged up and without Tuck CANNOT stop the run.

This is not a good team, Eli is really carrying the bunch.

Sorry, this reminds me of 2003 and 2004. The OL and Defense need a lot of improvement, and their offensive skill players aside from Nicks and Eli, ehhh, not sold.

+1