SportsWrath

I'm already over it.

JMFP

The entire game came down to one play. Cruz makes the catch, we win the game. But...he didn't because he was defended perfectly and you have to tip your hat to Seattle for having the presence of mind to keep the ball off the ground and take it back all the way. In a nutshell...it was a fluke. Had Eli panicked and threw it right into the arms of a Seattle defender who took it back...I'd be pissed. But he didn't and we did everything right, but Seattle did it just a little bit better when it really counted.

For Seattle, it was like slipping the noose and escaping just as the hangman is coming up the stairs. I wonder how many Seattle fans turned the TV off in disgust in the last few seconds figuring it was another late game collapse. Seriously, you have to give credit to Seattle on this one and go on from here.

Now, if we could only get the Giants to play football in the first half of the game. Too bad it isn't possible for us to hypnotize the entire team to think that every quarter is the fourth quarter and we're behind.

The entire game came down to one play. Cruz makes the catch, we win the game. But...he didn't because he was defended perfectly and you have to tip your hat to Seattle for having the presence of mind to keep the ball off the ground and take it back all the way. In a nutshell...it was a fluke. Had Eli panicked and threw it right into the arms of a Seattle defender who took it back...I'd be pissed. But he didn't and we did everything right, but Seattle did it just a little bit better when it really counted.

For Seattle, it was like slipping the noose and escaping just as the hangman is coming up the stairs. I wonder how many Seattle fans turned the TV off in disgust in the last few seconds figuring it was another late game collapse. Seriously, you have to give credit to Seattle on this one and go on from here.

Now, if we could only get the Giants to play football in the first half of the game. Too bad it isn't possible for us to hypnotize the entire team to think that every quarter is the fourth quarter and we're behind.

Seattle didnt play perfect D on that last play. It was good D, yes, but Cruz letting the ball slip out of his hands is what killed it for us. He bsically put it right in the defenders hands.

Seattle didnt play perfect D on that last play. It was good D, yes, but Cruz letting the ball slip out of his hands is what killed it for us. He bsically put it right in the defenders hands.

Cruz can make circus catches and the way he was hit, he wasn't going to catch the ball cleanly. Even as he was being hammered, he had the presence of mind to still focus on the ball and reached out and tipped it up in the air to keep it off the ground thinking he was still going to make a miraculous catch. The ball didn't really "slip" out of his hands - he was crushed and the ball was hammered out of his hands. It probably would have hit the ground if he hadn't done the circus move and try one more time to still catch the ball with one hand.

But the "D" was good because they sandwiched Cruz and crushed him. It was a fluke that the ball got tipped back up in the air and into the hands of the enemy. You really got to hand it to Seattle for that play. The way the Giants played the first half....they didn't deserve to win anyway.

Cruz can make circus catches and the way he was hit, he wasn't going to catch the ball cleanly. Even as he was being hammered, he had the presence of mind to still focus on the ball and reached out and tipped it up in the air to keep it off the ground thinking he was still going to make a miraculous catch. The ball didn't really "slip" out of his hands - he was crushed and the ball was hammered out of his hands. It probably would have hit the ground if he hadn't done the circus move and try one more time to still catch the ball with one hand.

But the "D" was good because they sandwiched Cruz and crushed him. It was a fluke that the ball got tipped back up in the air and into the hands of the enemy. You really got to hand it to Seattle for that play. The way the Giants played the first half....they didn't deserve to win anyway.

This is the way I see this game:

We had our best run D players out, and we are starting 2 rookie LB. They beat us with the run.

Also, we had a banged up Oline, so they stopped our run.....that simple.

Yup, me too. But I wanted to strangle Coach Carroll yesterday. He was annoying me with his hugs

Don't worry, I told him I was glad Stanford bitch slapped him at USC.

Then I told him he looks like the Sun in the Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage commercials.

Don't worry, I told him I was glad Stanford bitch slapped him at USC.

Then I told him he looks like the Sun in the Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage commercials.

:LMAO: True That....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHjWO6CTn0Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7B2gCLsTjY&feature=related

Yup, me too. But I wanted to strangle Coach Carroll yesterday. He was annoying me with his hugs

Don't worry, he'll be out of the league in another year anyway. I totally don't get that hiring.

He sucked with the Jets, he sucked in New England... but now all of a sudden he's going to be a success? It's not like he had winning seasons with either of those two teams.

Don't worry, he'll be out of the league in another year anyway. I totally don't get that hiring.

He sucked with the Jets, he sucked in New England... but now all of a sudden he's going to be a success? It's not like he had winning seasons with either of those two teams.

All for nothing he is actually turning that Seahawks team around, heck he took them to the playoffs and beat the defending SB champs.

I doubt he will be "out in another year"

All for nothing he is actually turning that Seahawks team around, heck he took them to the playoffs and beat the defending SB champs.

I doubt he will be "out in another year"

yeah thats true. and he wasn't terrible with the jets and new england. i think he was at or over 500.

As far as I'm concerned, Carroll outcoached the Giants last week.

He took what worked - the no huddle - and had the Giants on their heels the entire 1st half.

Gilbride/Coughlin took the no huddle - which was responsible for 3 come from behind victories - and once again treated it like the ugly stepchild until the clock demanded that they once again use it. This team around, an unlucky hop of the ball off Cruz's hands sealed the loss.

I will add this.. ELI should have thrown the ball at Cruz's body.. right between the #s.

An NFL QB is a very talented athlete, and they're usually reasonably bright guys too... but nowhere in that skill set is clairvoyance.

In other words.... I'm not understanding the expectation that Eli should see into the future to know when his receiver is going to fall down.

Last night, Calvin Johnson scored a long TD on a play that Stafford threw the ball long before the WR made his break or turned for the ball. It was a great play, worth watching for us merely as fans of the game, but I bring it up here because had Stafford waited until the receiver made it through his break, like JackStroud and his ilk are suggesting a good QB should ALWAYS do... thats not a TD or even a completion.

I remember playing backyard football with my uncles when I was like 8 or 9... whats the first route they teach me? A button hook... go ten steps and turn, the ball will be half-wayto your hands when you look back. Jesus christ people... this isn't even some NFL-level technique that goes over our heads, this is pee wee football, something that everyone who ever played the game at any level has already learned: the QB throws the ball where the receiver is going to be.

Eli threw the ball to Cruz from a few yards away... just stick it between the #s... not saying Eli fucked up that much but at least what I was wishing for is is he stick in Cruz's gut... I never liked that play that close to the end zone in the first place.. i had a bad feeling b4 the snap.

Eli threw the ball to Cruz from a few yards away... just stick it between the #s... not saying Eli fucked up that much but at least what I was wishing for is is he stick in Cruz's gut... I never liked that play that close to the end zone in the first place.. i had a bad feeling b4 the snap.

I think regardless of the trip that Eli was still trying to lead him with the football.....with 3 other defenders in the flat. It was SNAFUed from the get go....

Guys, Cruz SLlPPED as he made the cut. Had he not slipped, the ball would hav been right there. I dont understand how thts not prfectly clear when you watch that. :confused:

Dont you say a negatvie thing about Cruz, he's a HoF WR. Easily the best WR to ever play the game since Rice.

In all honesty though Cruz did slip, not a knock on his ability or talent but he did slip it's just one of those things that happen in football. It's like a QB tripping over his own feet on a backpedal. Cruz has been exciting, making alot of circus catches, let's just hope he settles down abit more which I think will happen as he gets playing time.

Eli to Cruz was a bang-bang play. By design, there's no hesitation permitted. The ball was out while Cruz was cutting.

Either it works, or it doesn't.

I don't play Cruz or Eli for the pick-6.

I blame a coaching staff that finally chooses to go no-huddle only when their back is to the wall.

Meanwhile the other 90% of the game it's "Omaha! Omaha!....5-4-3-2-1- Delay of Game". :ranting2:

Watching again the ball was out of Eli's hand as Cruz slips, but there were FOUR defenders in the area. Bad decision and a dangerous throw from Eli regardless of the slip. He could have hit Ballard or Manningham for the win, or dumped it off to Bradshaw who had no one within 10 yards of him.

Watching again the ball was out of Eli's hand as Cruz slips, but there were FOUR defenders in the area. Bad decision and a dangerous throw from Eli regardless of the slip. He could have hit Ballard or Manningham for the win, or dumped it off to Bradshaw who had no one within 10 yards of him.

that's a fair point, but Cruz had position on all those guys... there were four defenders around, it wasn't going to get any yards after catch, but Cruz was still open.

I'm starting to think only Cruz can cover Cruz, because so far nobody else has consistently done it.

Guys, Cruz SLlPPED as he made the cut. Had he not slipped, the ball would hav been right there. I dont understand how thts not prfectly clear when you watch that. :confused:

Another one of those plays.. like the one against the redskins.. you still have to see if your intended receiver is where he's supposed to be... oh fucking well.. 2 plays = 2 losses.

Another one of those plays.. like the one against the redskins.. you still have to see if your intended receiver is where he's supposed to be... oh fucking well.. 2 plays = 2 losses.

Thats one of those plays where you dont have time to sit in the pocket and wait for your eceiver to be where he should. That was a timing play, and Eli threw it where Cruz should have been. The bad part of the play was Eli not choosing a more wide open target.

But your right, 2 plays= 2 losses.

Thats one of those plays where you dont have time to sit in the pocket and wait for your eceiver to be where he should. That was a timing play, and Eli threw it where Cruz should have been. The bad part of the play was Eli not choosing a more wide open target.

But your right, 2 plays= 2 losses.

with seconds left in the game.. and a chance to win.. no need to run a timing play when you still have time on the clock to run 3 plays... that play was doomed from the beginning.. I've said this before and I will say it again.. that play didn't look right from the beginning... Cruz had white jerseys all around him... nothing can be done now but hey... we are 3 and fucking 2..

with seconds left in the game.. and a chance to win.. no need to run a timing play when you still have time on the clock to run 3 plays... that play was doomed from the beginning.. I've said this before and I will say it again.. that play didn't look right from the beginning... Cruz had white jerseys all around him... nothing can be done now but hey... we are 3 and fucking 2..

I wouldn't run ANY timing plays in the red zone.

The red zone is not the time to get fancy. Gilbride fails to grasp this concept.