SportsWrath

Game balls and trouble spots

Allstarjim

Game ball goes to Eli, for sure. He won that game yesterday.

Hakeem Nicks showed again he's one of the best receivers in the NFL.

Jake Ballard stepped up huge for us and what a great catch in the back of the endzone, making sure both feet stayed inbounds.

Corey Webster - battled all game and made a great play on 4th and 2 to seal the win. Webster did a good job of containing Fitz when he was matched up with him.

Antrell Rolle, getting his first pick of the season.

Now the bad stuff... The O-line has been fantastic thus far, but yesterday they laid an egg. They did not block well in the running game, and specifically, Boothe did not come in the game ready to play. There was a lot of penalties, too. Chris Snee had the worst game I've seen from him, as the commentators said during the game. But just overall, the O-line was not good.

2 sacks look good in the box score, but the game was nearly won because of the play of Beanie Wells running to Osi's side. Osi was not beating his man when they ran the ball. He has to shed some blocks from time to time. Wells had a career day running to the right side of the defense. Not all on Osi, either.

No linebackers were stepping up and filling the hole over there, either. Once they got to the edge, it was Wells against the secondary. Can't have that. The linebacker play was lacking. Kiwanuka should've had a big game yesterday, by the look of the Cardinals game plan. Not sure why he didn't.

Hynoski... doesn't matter how great his name sounds if he keeps missing blocks. He is not squaring up a defender, he's whiffing far too often. That was part of the problem why the running game could not get going, and it's a continual problem in games I've seen.

Manningham - had a case of the dropsies again... is having too much trouble catching the ball cleanly. For the Giants offense to click, he has to be the weapon he was last year.

What about Victor Cruz- 6 catches for 96 Yds?

Also dont blame the O-line

they finallyt have figured how to punch it in with that load Andrews in there and the running game was caused by the playcalling which led to 9 in the box

you cannot run on 9 in the box

Agree with you Jim, especially about Kiwi. He disappeared except to take a horrible angle on Wells' TD run.

Granted, I missed most of the 1st quarter due to streaming issues, but aside from Canty early on I didn't see any penetration from our DTs and didn't hear Joseph's name at all.

And :clap: to Eli for going two games without a pick.

...didn't finish your thought there. rolleyes.gif

sorry, i was watching in a crowded place. didn't see them. but the math works.

:smartass: -----> that was the end of it. Anyway, great victory. We watched at a bar (my wife and I). The Mrs. was getting all pissed saying how we were surely going to lose even BEFORE the last Wells' TD. I told her that the Giants were going to hold, force a FG, and get a TD to win. When Wells scored that last TD, she looked at me like, "what did you say the Giants were going to do?" I admit, the situation looked bad there, but I told her she needed to have more faith in the team, and I said, "We're STILL going to win this thing." Because I knew we had the better team... although some doubt was definitely in my mind at that point.

Then Eli started making his 4th quarter magic, and I rubbed it in to her big time about sticking with the team when things look bad... lol.

What about Victor Cruz- 6 catches for 96 Yds?

Also dont blame the O-line

they finallyt have figured how to punch it in with that load Andrews in there and the running game was caused by the playcalling which led to 9 in the box

you cannot run on 9 in the box

Cruz is deserving, but he also nearly cost us a chance to win. Other than the mental lapse, he was big yesterday, you are right, Jack.

Cruz is deserving, but he also nearly cost us a chance to win. Other than the mental lapse, he was big yesterday, you are right, Jack.

Thank you.........I'm right about the playcalling also

Everytime we come out with the dink and dunk offense bad things happen- INTs and no running game

The D creeps up with no long ball fear

You have no idea what type of thread creation rampage you have just set out upon Sportswrath.

My god have mercy on your soul.

What is wrong with you......did I once insult you somehow? Forgive me and go haunt someone else please

26 active topics on the first page of the forum, not counting the pinned threads.

11 of them are yours.

42%.

Stop making pointless threads.

:smartass: -----> that was the end of it. Anyway, great victory. We watched at a bar (my wife and I). The Mrs. was getting all pissed saying how we were surely going to lose even BEFORE the last Wells' TD. I told her that the Giants were going to hold, force a FG, and get a TD to win. When Wells scored that last TD, she looked at me like, "what did you say the Giants were going to do?" I admit, the situation looked bad there, but I told her she needed to have more faith in the team, and I said, "We're STILL going to win this thing." Because I knew we had the better team... although some doubt was definitely in my mind at that point.

Then Eli started making his 4th quarter magic, and I rubbed it in to her big time about sticking with the team when things look bad... lol.

lol, oh yee of little faith. yes it did look bleek. reminded me of game 3 in '07 vs the skins when we were down like 17 at the half but for some reason it felt like we were going to pull it out.

i was with a friend who brought 2 kids along (girls). so it was tough to concentrate. i was able to wrestle control for the last 7 minutes or so.

Agree with you Jim, especially about Kiwi. He disappeared except to take a horrible angle on Wells' TD run.

Granted, I missed most of the 1st quarter due to streaming issues, but aside from Canty early on I didn't see any penetration from our DTs and didn't hear Joseph's name at all.

And :clap: to Eli for going two games without a pick.

Osi vanished after that strip.

Jack, BiC is right, too. You need to tone it down... TONE IT DOWN, JACK!

I don't understand for the life of me why Jack is being asked to tone it down... and if you think Jack is going to change his ways, then you don't know jack. :rimshot: (sorry couldn't resist)

He had a crucial sack in the last quarter too to kill their drive. I didn't expect much from Osi yesterday given his lack of conditioning but he was certainly a factor in our win.

Tollefson should get a game ball also. Very likely Osi doesn't get that sack if Tollefson isn't in Kolb's face.

As for WRs; maybe it's early but I think Cruz should replace Mannigham on the depth chart. Mannigham is good but he is far too inconsistent and the way he carries the ball makes you have a heart attack. Nicks on the other hand has great hands and should be #1.

There would have been a lot to critique had the Giants lost this game. Considering how they pulled it out I'll give them a pass. I'm not going to worry about style points right now. Just stockpile the wins and get ready for the second half because the victories will be a lot harder to come by. Just a fantastic job by Eli and the offense to pull this one from the fire. He's frustrated me at times in the past but you can't play better than he did last week and for those final 5 minutes yesterday.

Now the bad stuff... The O-line has been fantastic thus far, but yesterday they laid an egg. They did not block well in the running game, and specifically, Boothe did not come in the game ready to play. There was a lot of penalties, too. Chris Snee had the worst game I've seen from him, as the commentators said during the game. But just overall, the O-line was not good.

Boothe sucks. He always has, he always will. I said it before the season when they let Seubert go and resigned Boothe. That was moronic.

Tollefson is the man.

Boothe sucks. He always has, he always will. I said it before the season when they let Seubert go and resigned Boothe. That was moronic.

Tollefson is the man.

Aside from the first play I thought Booth held his own.. there's a reason he's a back up not a starter.. and my understanding is Seubert is injured, no?