SportsWrath

Hello, Badegger

RandolphScott

I think Badegg is right.

We really shouldn't be getting too

Excited. Ok we are 3-1 and are looking nice but let's not forget that we were ugly against the Rams, and came 5 mins away from

Losing to Zona. And the eagles evidently suck, so that takes some away from our win there.

We still have to keep winning and we still have to play Dallas twice PLUS our second half schedule is BRUTAL!!! IMO we MUST go 5-1 at the bye week or else we are fucked.

Toughest second half schedule in football, we can't get too happy yet, I'm liking our team but let's stay focused here. The season is young, and it's also really long.

The Italian Hotdog, like most Giants fans, is not living in reality. If you are 1-3 you are a bad football team. What is the Cardnal's record? 1-3, you say? Welcome to the bottom of the barrel. I guess you can brag that you are 1 game better than the Rams. But you certainly aren't good.

Maybe we go in the middle and say mediocre, like the Giants. I don't know.

If you mean that the Cowboys are not "real" as in a Superbowl contender, I know of very few people, including myself, that made that argument at the beginning of the season. Head Coach's first full season. New DC and new system. Didn't add anything to their weakest unit in the offseason -- the defense. Re-tooled their offensive line with young guys. But I will be open minded the rest of the way because much can change as the season wears on and the Cowboys are playing a little better than I anticipated. As far as Romo goes, he is not blameless, but he is not entirely at fault either.

Unlike you people, I don't live in dreamworld year in and year out.

The Giants have not accomplished anything and of course you feel good about Seattle. Rutgers would feel good about Seattle. But, this is the Giants, and I would not be surprised to see them lose at least one of the next two.

That being said, I believe if Miles Austing is back, the Cowboys will beat NE. That's right. I said a loss to Detriot and a win in NE. They match up better to NE.

first, you certainly know the dog is not a giant fan and so truly lives in the real, existing world. the cardinals are a solid team, but true, a 1-3 team none the less. the dog would be hardpressed to dismiss the eagles as a bad team despite the 1-3 record. however, given that the 49ers beat them yesterday, it does take some luster off the giant win a week ago.

at this point, the dog will stay focused on the point - at this time, the redskins are the best team in the NFC East, which is akin to being the best team in division 1AA college football (or whatever they call it these days). Could that change by the end of the season? absolutely. Could an NFC East team rise to be a playoff favorite? absolutely...at this time does the dog see any of these teams getting out of round 1 of the playoffs? absolutely not...

I think Badegg is right.

Excited. Ok we are 3-1 and are looking nice but let's not forget that we were ugly against the Rams, and came 5 mins away from

Losing to Zona. And the eagles evidently suck, so that takes some away from our win there.

We still have to keep winning and we still have to play Dallas twice PLUS our second half schedule is BRUTAL!!! IMO we MUST go 5-1 at the bye week or else we are fucked.

Toughest second half schedule in football, we can't get too happy yet, I'm liking our team but let's stay focused here. The season is young, and it's also really long.

:TU:

I'm almost speachless...

Carefully here, Osi. Your fellow fans may make you turn in your jersey and burn off any Giants tatoos you may have on your skin -- like they do on Sons of Anarchy.

I don't think your ready for NE Egg........where is the game your palace or their cheapo palace? Anything is possible but they are a handfull.

your relatively weak defense does not play against their strength.

I think you guys have a good team. I could easily see us losing to the Boys in Dallas. We play to the level of our competition.

Our OC does not believe in testing the saftey's unless he has too..........very infuriating

We are not delusional......we are fans.......we expect the best and are not surprised when we implode. There is a go for the throat component missing in the Giants.........unless we are playing the Eagles :smartass: or when we get on a SB run

We'll see, Jack. The Cowboys can rush the passer and do better against smaller WRs. The NE pass rush has not been great. If Austin is back, I think both teams go over 30 and at that point anything can happen.

:TU:

I'm almost speachless...

Carefully here, Osi. Your fellow fans may make you turn in your jersey and burn off any Giants tatoos you may have on your skin -- like they do on Sons of Anarchy.

LOL....he thinks Osi complemeting him means something..... :facepalm:

I think Badegg is right.

I disagree. I think we should be excited, given how badly most of us thought this year would turn out after all the preseason injuries. 3 wins in a row is good news, no matter who they came against. There are 20 other teams who wish they could claim that. No one's* denying we've got a tough road ahead but there's certainly reason for optimism.

* Jack Stroud's rantings not included

nas, the dog grows tired of the injury excuse on a yearly basis. a full 100% of the teams in the league will deal with injuries at some point this year. the good teams overcome them and win super bowls, the rest use them as the battle cry for next year...that has been the case in these parts for the better part of 3 years. the dog simply isn't impressed by the NFC East contingency at this point...but again, it is only 4 weeks in. a lot can and will happen. to declare a team done or the one that is going to win it all after 4 weeks would be silly.

Agreed and I'm not one who uses injuries as an excuse but you'll have to concede we had freak injuries before the season even started. So far so good.. we're winning games we're supposed to win with Philly/Skins as a trade off.. given the Dream Team title they were given.

I disagree. I think we should be excited, given how badly most of us thought this year would turn out after all the preseason injuries. 3 wins in a row is good news, no matter who they came against. There are 20 other teams who wish they could claim that. No one's* denying we've got a tough road ahead but there's certainly reason for optimism.

* Jack Stroud's rantings not included

That's fine, I'm pretty pumped also and I'm definately happy with the team, but all I'm saying is that it's a long season and we have been notorious for late season collapses and our schedule is brutal. I am optimistic, not gonna lie. But I'm going at this in a reasonable matter until we beat a real good winning record team.

We'll see, Jack. The Cowboys can rush the passer and do better against smaller WRs. The NE pass rush has not been great. If Austin is back, I think both teams go over 30 and at that point anything can happen.

Point well taken both teams can and should exceed 30

The key is to get to Brady early and rough him up...........muss his hair

He has no patience when tossed about, gets angry

easier said than done......their O-line is big and mobile, and built to protect him.....not so much to run the ball

What has changed since Friday?

The Cowboys lost to a better Detriot team, just like I said they would.

And the Giants struggled with another mediocre team. Nothing new here.

The Giants have beaten teams with a combined record of 2 wins. And were dominated by the only winning team they have played. And the Lions are better than all of them.

But, by all means, keep dreaming... :o

And you guys lost to a .500 team. Nor did you exactly blow away Washington at home.

The 49ers are 3-1, but considering they beat Seattle and Cinci, that's not exactly impressive. I guess you'd put them as "struggling with mediocre teams."

This game can be played by multiple players.

Second embarrassing performance by your offense in two weeks. Or are they still highly ranked in yardage? :LMAO:

Lol says the angry baboon scratching his ass.

The baboon, of all the primates in East Africa, most frequently interacts with people. Apart from humans, baboons are the most adaptable of the ground-dwelling primates and live in a wide variety of habitats. Intelligent and crafty, they can be agricultural pests, so they are treated as vermin rather than wildlife.

http://www.awf.org/content/wildlife/detail/baboon

considering the above information, the dog is quite certain your statement is rather insulting...to baboons.

And you guys lost to a .500 team. Nor did you exactly blow away Washington at home.

The 49ers are 3-1, but considering they beat Seattle and Cinci, that's not exactly impressive. I guess you'd put them as "struggling with mediocre teams."

This game can be played by multiple players.

Second embarrassing performance by your offense in two weeks. Or are they still highly ranked in yardage? :LMAO:

Fishy, you are losing your composure here. What are you babbling about now?

I have not defended the Cowboys. I picked them to lose to the better team. They did. No excuses. I wouldn't call the O embarrassing. Its more like they made embarrassing mistakes.

But it's like you Giants fans have this Rodney Dangerfield low self-esteem thing going on.

You desperately need credit.

No, the Giants really have not beaten a good team. And yes, right now, the Eagles are not good. Other Giants fans see this.

So. I'm not going to give you the cookie you so desperately beg for. :cwy:

Deal with it, man. Deal with it.

well we had something to do with the Eagles plight

I think we knocked the snot out of them ;)

They are a wounded Bird now........it might take a while for them to regain their swagger.......we physically punished them

That was not just a game........there was a score to settle......we settled it

Hopefully every team we face will leave the stadium a little worse for wear

Yesterday, I watched a QB play like the Super Bowl MVP....literally pulled a win out of nowhere thanks to his masterful No Huddle skills.

I also saw 2 NFC rivals choke away winnable games.

Of course, this is only one week, lots of football to play.

However, thus far, I have the NFC East QBs ranked as:

Eli Manning

Sexy Rexy

Tony Romo

Michael Vick

Agreed and I'm not one who uses injuries as an excuse but you'll have to concede we had freak injuries before the season even started. So far so good.. we're winning games we're supposed to win with Philly/Skins as a trade off.. given the Dream Team title they were given.

to be fair, the title wasn't given to them...the dog chalks that up to an underachieving QB signed to be a second or third string option who clearly can't keep his mouth closed...needless to say, the 49ers beating them yesterday wipes away some of the luster of that win. the giants to their credit are winning games they are suppossed to win...so long as they can do that for a full season, somthing they haven't done in three years, then they get in...but again, at this point, even getting in out of that division won't amount to much other than a first round win for another team. at this moment. could change. time will tell.

to be fair, the title wasn't given to them...the dog chalks that up to an underachieving QB signed to be a second or third string option who clearly can't keep his mouth closed...needless to say, the 49ers beating them yesterday wipes away some of the luster of that win. the giants to their credit are winning games they are suppossed to win...so long as they can do that for a full season, somthing they haven't done in three years, then they get in...but again, at this point, even getting in out of that division won't amount to much other than a first round win for another team. at this moment. could change. time will tell.

I think The Dog is underestimating the Cards a bit.

That is a team that lost 2 very close games, and were clearly desperate to beat the Giants at home. They came out with playoff-level intensity.

I think The Dog is underestimating the Cards a bit.

That is a team that lost 2 very close games, and were clearly desperate to beat the Giants at home. They came out with playoff-level intensity.

That's a good point, I'll give that to you. They came out with intensity.

Yesterday, I watched a QB play like the Super Bowl MVP....literally pulled a win out of nowhere thanks to his masterful No Huddle skills.

I also saw 2 NFC rivals choke away winnable games.

Of course, this is only one week, lots of football to play.

However, thus far, I have the NFC East QBs ranked as:

Eli Manning

Sexy Rexy

Tony Romo

Michael Vick

At this stage of the game, I'm not arguing with your QB rankings.

But to put things in perspective, if Eli was a Superbowl MVP QB yesterday (assuming he can be one without the guy that caught the ball with his helmet) then we should put Cam Newton in the Hall of Fame today. Afterall, he hung 422 on that shut-down Cards defensive backfield. And he did it with only 1 real WR.

In fact, while were at it, let's put the Panthers and the Giants in the NFC Championship, since beating the Cards in the last minute, or at least coming close like the Panthers did, seems to be the measuring stick in the NFC. :D

At this stage of the game, I'm not arguing with your QB rankings.

But to put things in perspective, if Eli was a Superbowl MVP QB yesterday (assuming he can be one without the guy that caught the ball with his helmet) then we should put Cam Newton in the Hall of Fame today. Afterall, he hung 422 on that shut-down Cards defensive backfield. And he did it with only 1 real WR.

In fact, while were at it, let's put the Panthers and the Giants in the NFC Championship, since beating the Cards in the last minute, or at least coming close like the Panthers did, seems to be the measuring stick in the NFC. :D

The Hall is something that can't be considered until a player retires.

However, you could argue that Cam Newton is among the top QB's this season.....after 4 games, I would say it is premature, but the kid is off to a great start.

Certainly, a very strong Offensive Rookie of the Year candidate.

well we had something to do with the Eagles plight

I think we knocked the snot out of them ;)

They are a wounded Bird now........it might take a while for them to regain their swagger.......we physically punished them

That was not just a game........there was a score to settle......we settled it

Hopefully every team we face will leave the stadium a little worse for wear

Excuse me if I don't play taps for the Eagles. Andy starts slow every year. Then he racks off 8 in a row and wins the east.

I'm not throwing dirt on their grave just yet.