SportsWrath

Hello, Badegger

RandolphScott

LOL......I knew it, we all knew it......the cowshits lose, we win, Eli plays great.........and hes ghost. :rolleyes:

This is reference to back in 2008 when I attended the Giants vs. Cowboys game..we won 35 to 14. And my uncle just starts yelling out "HEY COWBOYS FANS WHERE YOU GOING...I WAS GONNA MAKE ESPRESSO"

Which was deviant from his usually "Don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys" singing.

This is reference to back in 2008 when I attended the Giants vs. Cowboys game..we won 35 to 14. And my uncle just starts yelling out "HEY COWBOYS FANS WHERE YOU GOING...I WAS GONNA MAKE ESPRESSO"

Which was deviant from his usually "Don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys" singing.

LMAO!! Youre uncle sounds fun....

What has changed since Friday?

The Cowboys lost to a better Detriot team, just like I said they would.

And the Giants struggled with another mediocre team. Nothing new here.

The Giants have beaten teams with a combined record of 2 wins. And were dominated by the only winning team they have played. And the Lions are better than all of them.

But, by all means, keep dreaming... :o

LMAO. The Cards aren't a bad football team. The Redskins also barely beat them... by a single point... and the Seattle beat them at Qwest by a FG. Cards have lost 3 games by a combined 8 points. The Lions needed overtime to beat the vaunted Minnesota Vikings last week. At home, if Romo was the truth and Dallas is for real, they should be able to beat the Lions in their own house. But Romo isn't, Dallas isn't, and there you go.

At the end of the day, we have two home games against Seattle and Buffalo coming up... I like our chances to get to the bye at 5-1.

Dallas is going to New England after their bye this week to get spanked by Brady. It's going to get ugly.

Romo

You know I think its dangerous to be throwing stones at the Boys

They are only one game behind us........we have to play them twice yet, and they are not a bad team.......a bit snakebit but not bad

The NFC East apparently (who knew) has 4 powerhouse teams.......time will tell

Right now I'd say I'd rank them

Giants

Redskins (big suprise)

Cowboys

Eagles

BUT two weeks from now that list could be reversed

Having said all that I like our team. We have more guys coming back. Our line play is perhaps the best in football overall

I like our chances

Was it Egg or Dog who said last week the Cards were a good team we would lose to?

you're partially right...the dog said and does believe that the cardinals are a solid team. never said the giants would lose to them. at this point, based on yesterday, the dog's point last week still stands - the NFC East at this moment in time is a playoff space filler. all of the teams have been a tad underwhelming. the redskins have been the most consistent to date, but the dog isn't so sure they have the stamina this year to hold on (they are not far off from taking hold of that division in a year or so in the dog's opinion). the giants have gotten the job done but haven't shown the dog that they will do anything to change the recent trend of crashing midseason, particularly when the schedule gets tough. the eagles, well, really nothing can be said about their efforts to date. still think they can't be discounted but the whole is getting deeper by the minute (and they are one loss away from frustration sinking that ship all together), and the cowboys have too many weaknesses to put together a consistent effort to date...again, it is early, but right now the dog would say this division will be a true war between weak "after thought" teams...

you're partially right...the dog said and does believe that the cardinals are a solid team. never said the giants would lose to them. at this point, based on yesterday, the dog's point last week still stands - the NFC East at this moment in time is a playoff space filler. all of the teams have been a tad underwhelming. the redskins have been the most consistent to date, but the dog isn't so sure they have the stamina this year to hold on (they are not far off from taking hold of that division in a year or so in the dog's opinion). the giants have gotten the job done but haven't shown the dog that they will do anything to change the recent trend of crashing midseason, particularly when the schedule gets tough. the eagles, well, really nothing can be said about their efforts to date. still think they can't be discounted but the whole is getting deeper by the minute (and they are one loss away from frustration sinking that ship all together), and the cowboys have too many weaknesses to put together a consistent effort to date...again, it is early, but right now the dog would say this division will be a true war between weak "after thought" teams...

Dog, you can't discount the fact the Giants had and still have way too many injuries.. and we're carrying about 11 rookies on our roster... that spells D E E P. The loss to the Redskins was an aberation at this point.. we could have and should have one that game.. but it is what it is.. the Eagles will sink and so do the cowboys.. but I don't think the Giants or the Skins are just playoff fillers.. compared to who really? NO and GB.. that's it?

Thanks for showing up Dog and Egg

We are pretty happy with our team. We are getting a big lift from the new guys, especially Cruz, Beatty, Baas, Williams, and Ballard- Boley has upped his game tremendously, Kiwi is BACCKKKK.....Seattle will put up a fight, and the Bills are a admitedly a handfull, I'm glad they have to come to us.

If we can get to a 5-1 bye and go to Foxboro and kick their asses you guys should come back here and re-open this discussion.

Right now I agree........the jury is out on the NFC East........perhaps the toughest Division in the NFL, maybe not

BTW- we usually play the teams they put in front of us, and do not control their prior records.......its a new league rule, cannot pick your opponents

We are not Notre Dame LOL

BTW Dog.........Do you work for ESPN? If you do say hello to Tom Jackson....he's picking the Giants to go deep this year

LMAO. The Cards aren't a bad football team. The Redskins also barely beat them... by a single point... and the Seattle beat them at Qwest by a FG. Cards have lost 3 games by a combined 8 points. The Lions needed overtime to beat the vaunted Minnesota Vikings last week. At home, if Romo was the truth and Dallas is for real, they should be able to beat the Lions in their own house. But Romo isn't, Dallas isn't, and there you go.

At the end of the day, we have two home games against Seattle and Buffalo coming up... I like our chances to get to the bye at 5-1.

Dallas is going to New England after their bye this week to get spanked by Brady. It's going to get ugly.

Romo

The Italian Hotdog, like most Giants fans, is not living in reality. If you are 1-3 you are a bad football team. What is the Cardnal's record? 1-3, you say? Welcome to the bottom of the barrel. I guess you can brag that you are 1 game better than the Rams. But you certainly aren't good.

Maybe we go in the middle and say mediocre, like the Giants. I don't know.

If you mean that the Cowboys are not "real" as in a Superbowl contender, I know of very few people, including myself, that made that argument at the beginning of the season. Head Coach's first full season. New DC and new system. Didn't add anything to their weakest unit in the offseason -- the defense. Re-tooled their offensive line with young guys. But I will be open minded the rest of the way because much can change as the season wears on and the Cowboys are playing a little better than I anticipated. As far as Romo goes, he is not blameless, but he is not entirely at fault either.

Unlike you people, I don't live in dreamworld year in and year out.

The Giants have not accomplished anything and of course you feel good about Seattle. Rutgers would feel good about Seattle. But, this is the Giants, and I would not be surprised to see them lose at least one of the next two.

That being said, I believe if Miles Austing is back, the Cowboys will beat NE. That's right. I said a loss to Detriot and a win in NE. They match up better to NE.

I don't think your ready for NE Egg........where is the game your palace or their cheapo palace? Anything is possible but they are a handfull.

your relatively weak defense does not play against their strength.

I think you guys have a good team. I could easily see us losing to the Boys in Dallas. We play to the level of our competition.

Our OC does not believe in testing the saftey's unless he has too..........very infuriating

We are not delusional......we are fans.......we expect the best and are not surprised when we implode. There is a go for the throat component missing in the Giants.........unless we are playing the Eagles :smartass: or when we get on a SB run

Dog, you can't discount the fact the Giants had and still have way too many injuries.. and we're carrying about 11 rookies on our roster... that spells D E E P. The loss to the Redskins was an aberation at this point.. we could have and should have one that game.. but it is what it is.. the Eagles will sink and so do the cowboys.. but I don't think the Giants or the Skins are just playoff fillers.. compared to who really? NO and GB.. that's it?

nas, the dog grows tired of the injury excuse on a yearly basis. a full 100% of the teams in the league will deal with injuries at some point this year. the good teams overcome them and win super bowls, the rest use them as the battle cry for next year...that has been the case in these parts for the better part of 3 years. the dog simply isn't impressed by the NFC East contingency at this point...but again, it is only 4 weeks in. a lot can and will happen. to declare a team done or the one that is going to win it all after 4 weeks would be silly.