SportsWrath

Jacobs hates Haters.

Jacobs' message for fans who don't believe

September, 29, 2011

By Ohm Youngmisuk

When asked if he thinks there are more people who believe in the Giants now than there were a week ago, before their big win over the Eagles, running back Brandon Jacobs responded with a LeBron James-like response for any haters.

"Well, the only thing that matters is the people that is on this football team and in this organization believe in this football team," Jacobs said. "The people outside that want to say that they are fans and don't believe in us, I can care less if they ever believe in us. They don't mean anything to us if they don't believe in us. They can go back and finish living their miserable lives that they have been living and hoping that we lose."

The reporter who asked the question later clarified that he meant whether players in the locker room believe in what the Giants can do now more than before.

"In this locker room, guys are ready to play," Jacobs said. "I can look in a lot of [teammates'] eyes and see that they are ready. Our defense is set and where they need to be. If we just get everybody back on both sides of the ball ... I think we will be fine."

"We have confidence knowing that we can go in and beat anybody," he added. "Arizona is a good football team and we are a good football team as well. We have to keep our confidence high and keep playing football week in and week out."

I'm on the fence here. If I was in his shoes, I'd feel the same way, but as a fan I want more out of the team than I am seeing.

I'm on the fence here. If I was in his shoes, I'd feel the same way, but as a fan I want more out of the team than I am seeing.

He just needs to use better English.. fans never stop rooting for this team but we have hearts that ache when our team flat out sucks... it doesn't mean we "stop believing" it's calling it what it is...

Sorry, this is too much anger, hatred & vitriol over an inconsequential matter. And anytime a pro athlete goes the "go live your miserable lives while I go count my money" route, it's ugly. I would say Jacobs needs to grow up but I've seen enough out of him that at 29, I doubt it's ever going to happen.

Sorry, this is too much anger, hatred & vitriol over an inconsequential matter. And anytime a pro athlete goes the "go live your miserable lives while I go count my money" route, it's ugly. I would say Jacobs needs to grow up but I've seen enough out of him that at 29, I doubt it's ever going to happen.

exactly. this is difficult to hear from any professional athlete being paid millions to play a game, let alone from one that is overpaid and who has a diminishing role over the years. note to jacobs, the dog is wondering, if you could "care less" about it, then why the angry blubbering on about it?

Yes, professional athletes shouldn't publicly speak out like this. Fans pay those exorbitant salaries so grown men can become filthy rich for playing sports. It's a fan's passion that pays for their lavish lifestyle, and fans often times hurt more over losses than the actual players in the game, so Jacobs should have a little more respect for fans, whether they are critical of the team or not.

Who was/is "hating"? Objective speculation is what makes sports fun to talk about. If everyone just blindly clung to, "we're great, nobody can beat us, we'll go 16-0, winning every game by 100 points", viewpoint, conversations would be pretty pointless. I have loved the Giants longer than Jacobs has been alive and if he thinks I'm a hater because I worried that with all the injuries and new pieces, we'd struggle this season, then I'll say it again: he should grow the fuck up.

Oh stop all you , "gotta be professional" shlubs..........If youre a hater get the fuck out. I like what Jacobs had to say. :thumbs:

but the dog then wonders, when you declared the season over after week 1 and boldy stated your hope for a new starting QB next year, wouldn't you then be considered a recipient of little brandon's rant as a "non-believer"????

but the dog then wonders, when you declared the season over after week 1 and boldy stated your hope for a new starting QB next year, wouldn't you then be considered a recipient of little brandon's rant as a "non-believer"????

The Blue wonders why you follow me around.

Whatever gets him motivated. I suppose Im one of those haters for doubting the Giants last week. Forgive me Brandon, but when you go on the road with an injury depleted roster against a team you hadnt beat in 3 years, confidence isnt exactly the first thing im feeling. Keep making me eat the crow though I can get used to it.

the dog wonders why you don't stop trying to deflect and answer the question...? would you not be considered a non-believer by little brandon?

Yes....because of injuries. Not because of the players talents.

Now run along ya lil puke.

My sentiment exactly.. and it's adversity and rough times that shapes our character and force us to grow.. a young millionaire is not heading down that route.. not yet.