SportsWrath

These power rakings- ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????

JackStroud

Every one of them has us behind Dallas and the Skins???????

WTFKKKKKK?

Redskins only beat us because we were rusty, reeling, shot ourselves in the foot, and not ready to go with no Justin Tuck

If we played them a 100 times we would win 90

Both they and the Cowboys looked like Pee Wee teams on Monday night football........it was the Ludicrous Bowl

unfortunately we dont play either of them again until week 14

Oh Well...........we can feast on New Orleans, GB, Buffalo, NE etc til we get there

maybe after we annihilate all of those teams we will get to rank #10 LOL :rolleyes:

We will never achieve respect..........even when we defeated the undefeated it was called a lucky miracle catch by Tyree.......the Media hates us (perhaps because we provide no eyecandy)

was a real pleasure with no Troy Ache-man, and Little Joe Suck last week

Did you guys lose he TV audio last week in the second half like I did.........I had to go to the Giants Radio

Every one of them has us behind Dallas and the Skins???????

WTFKKKKKK?

Redskins only beat us because we were rusty, reeling, shot ourselves in the foot, and not ready to go with no Justin Tuck

If we played them a 100 times we would win 90

Both they and the Cowboys looked like Pee Wee teams on Monday night football........it was the Ludicrous Bowlunfortunately we dont play either of them again until week 14

Oh Well...........we can feast on New Orleans, GB, Buffalo, NE etc til we get there

maybe after we annihilate all of those teams we will get to rank #10 LOL :rolleyes:

We will never achieve respect..........even when we defeated the undefeated it was called a lucky miracle catch by Tyree.......the Media hates us (perhaps because we provide no eyecandy)

was a real pleasure with no Troy Ache-man, and Little Joe Suck last week

Did you guys lose he TV audio last week in the second half like I did.........I had to go to the Giants Radio

You people are nuts...

If Monday night was two pee-wee teams in the "Ludicrous Bowl" what was week one in Washington? I guess you could say that atleast 1 professional team showed up to that one...

You people are nuts...

If Monday night was two pee-wee teams in the "Ludicrous Bowl" what was week one in Washington? I guess you could say that atleast 1 professional team showed up to that one...

We took them lightly, they played with great passion

No Tuck, Eli in a funk........our OLine was completely new and had not jelled

1000 games they lose 900

1000 against your team we win 999

If you could not see you have a 6-10 team there Monday night I cannot help you

You people are nuts...

Like I said in another thread, the 'Ludicrous Bowl' had the feel of a 6-10 team barely defeating an 8-8 team.

And week 1 was... week 1. Everybody who's followed football for a while knows what the first couple weeks of the season are worth... they count in the standings, but they're not worth much.

If anything, with the lockout maybe we'll be throwing out the first few weeks. Just saying... got to keep out heads on straight, the season is young, and the Giants are banged up.

You people are nuts...

Week 1 with a new line, and a heavily injured defense. Not Week 3.

You might notice that we have improved since then. How 'bout dem Cowboys?

Bad Egg - I like you

Let me give it to you straight

you have some people to build upon-

Romo

Ware

Witten

Julius J

Miles Austin (a local NJ boy)

Jason Garret

Rob Ryan

No one else on your team could start for the Giants.........or be a coach

Romo would be a back up......Rob Ryan would be a position coach, Jones would be a #4 back, Austin a #4

You have to have your owner declared legally insane and institutionalized with no phone privileges or visitors

Hire a real Football man to run football operations without interference, ask the Media to ignore you

Begin the rebuilding process.........in 2-3 yrs you can be respectable again

Right now, you are a 6-10, maybe if lucky 8-8 team at best...........in your heart you know I'm right

The NFL is a tough place

Like I said in another thread, the 'Ludicrous Bowl' had the feel of a 6-10 team barely defeating an 8-8 team.

And week 1 was... week 1. Everybody who's followed football for a while knows what the first couple weeks of the season are worth... they count in the standings, but they're not worth much.

If anything, with the lockout maybe we'll be throwing out the first few weeks. Just saying... got to keep out heads on straight, the season is young, and the Giants are banged up.

That's what you people said last season when Tenneseee embarrassed you at home in week 3 or 4.

The season is young...we are injured...Eli will get better...

Yup...It sure worked out that way Week 15 and 16.

The only thing consistent in Giants land is crying and excuses... :cry:

No excuses.........all the injury crap is coming from outside the team.........the media.....they would like to think we are hurting

with our Lineman on both sides, we can crush any team

all of our back ups are NFL starter quality.........in Cruz case he could be an All Pro given the minutes

we have a cake walk until Nov 2nd (Buffalo may be a tough one- need to see more from them)........Even if we crush NE in NE people will still doubt the Giants

We get it

That's what you people said last season when Tenneseee embarrassed you at home in week 3 or 4.

The season is young...we are injured...Eli will get better...

Yup...It sure worked out that way Week 15 and 16.

The only thing consistent in Giants land is crying and excuses... :cry:

We were 10-6 and missed the playoffs due to a tiebreaker. Why did you guys miss the playoffs?.........

OH YEAH!.........you stunk.

:05-mafia:

We were 10-6 and missed the playoffs due to a tiebreaker. Why did you guys miss the playoffs?.........

OH YEAH!.........you stunk.

Way to change the subject...but if we're talking about playoffs...

They were both home in January, Superfan!

And your team didn't miss the playoffs because of a tirebreaker.

It was the result of a historical meltdown at home. In your shiny new stadium. That is why you missed the playoffs.

And as much as your are enjoying your little victory last Sunday, it still pails in comparision to what Vick did to you last season... :05-mafia:

Truth hurts. I know. I feel for you, man. I really do.

Bad Egg - I like you

Let me give it to you straight

you have some people to build upon-

Romo

Ware

Witten

Julius J

Miles Austin (a local NJ boy)

Jason Garret

Rob Ryan

No one else on your team could start for the Giants.........or be a coach

Romo would be a back up......Rob Ryan would be a position coach, Jones would be a #4 back, Austin a #4

You have to have your owner declared legally insane and institutionalized with no phone privileges or visitors

Hire a real Football man to run football operations without interference, ask the Media to ignore you

Begin the rebuilding process.........in 2-3 yrs you can be respectable again

Right now, you are a 6-10, maybe if lucky 8-8 team at best...........in your heart you know I'm right

The NFL is a tough place

Are you talking about Julius Jones, Jack? LOL, the last time he was with Dallas was 2007!

BadEgg, what do you mean by "YOU PEOPLE"? Jack might be a little crazy, but he's ours... and this board wouldn't be the same without him... not to say it would be worse, but it just wouldn't be the same... j/k Jack.

Jack... Power Rankings don't mean shit. Who cares what a collection of writers at ESPN.com thinks? Respect comes from winning. The Redskins beat us, therefore they rightfully should be ahead of us.

The Cowboys... very debateable. But the debate will be temporarily put to rest week 14... damn we're playing them late this year. By then, who knows who will be Quarterbacking the Cowboys? Jon Kitna? Stephen McGee? Vinny Testaverde? Jeff George? LOL. The Cowboys do have some skilled players. I have a lot of respect for Witten, Austin, and Bryant. But most Cowboys fans far overrate their players. Some Giants fans do the same thing, but we do seem to have a more critical eye on our guys.

Examples: All I hear from Cowboys' fans is how great of a shutdown corner Newman is (he's not one of the top 5 CB's IN THE DIVISION). Doug Free is going to be a lock down LT... ain't happened yet. Michael Jenkins (sucks). Cowboys fans tell me all the time how good Orlando Scandrick, Alan Ball, and Gerald Sensabaugh is ( :blink: ) The ultimate though is Romo. He is a numbers guy. He's not a bad QB, but facing a good defense, in a big game, he's going to shit the bed, almost every time. And now he's showing a penchant for getting hurt... not good with that O-line. I don't want to go too hard on Romo, because I won't say he's not a good QB... he is. He's just not a guy who's going to bring a championship to Dallas, unless that defense is like the 2000 Ravens.

They do have some players. Sean Lee was a great pick for them. Bradie James is a consistent performer. Jay Ratliff is a pro bowl DT. But they have a bad secondary. We know all too well that you cannot win in the NFL with a bad secondary. CC Brown? I believe that was the 2009 Giants... great in the front 7, terrible in the back 4. In the words of the immortal Mike Singletary, "Can't win with 'em, can't do it!"

Same thing for that O-line. If you're not really good there, it doesn't matter how good you are every where else on offense... you're going to lose.

Cowboys have to hope those rookies can catch on fast, because they have big problems on that O-line.

I do have a ton of respect for their linebackers and skill position players, though. Not a complete hater. But BadEgg is setting himself up for a huge disappointment. He knows the Cowboys should have lost on Monday night. They didn't, in spite of themselves. They can thank Grossman for that one, as well as the Redskins holder that couldn't get that snap down for what would've probably won them that game. BadEgg knows that the Redskins played just a little bit worse than the Cowboys the other night... and that was the difference. It was not a pretty game to watch. When the Cowboys play a team that has a better QB than Grossman (about 28 of the 32 teams in the NFL), they are going to lose. Starting this weekend. The next two teams they play are Detroit and New England, and they are going to lose both.

I'm just telling you the truth........I know it hurts

Love the cheerleaders BTW

Lets see how you do against Detroit........if you de-rail them I'll give you BIG "Texas style" Props

Good Luck, and I mean that ;)

You see, Jack. Unlike this crazy place, I am realistic. I say Detriot wins. Doesn't mean the season is over by any means. But right now, the way I see it, Detriot is the better team.

we are talking about DETROIT!!!!!!!!!

you dont go from cellar to penthouse in one season

You can expose them

They can be exposed and it's possible the Cowboys will win. I will not be shocked.

And I have great respect for Rob Ryan. They may get to Stafford.

But, if I'm honest, I don't like the Cowboys defensive backfield. It's their weakness.

See blind homers -- I can be realistic with my team... :o

And any team with a great passer or talent WR (like CJ) will give the Cowboys problems.

Fortunately for the Cowboys, the Skins have Rex, the Giants have Eli, and Vick is prone to his own meltdowns.

So I like their chances in the East. :D

They can be exposed and it's possible the Cowboys will win. I will not be shocked.

And I have great respect for Rob Ryan. They may get to Stafford.

But, if I'm honest, I don't like the Cowboys defensive backfield. It's their weakness.

See blind homers -- I can be realistic with my team... :o

And any team with a great passer or talent WR (like CJ) will give the Cowboys problems.

Fortunately for the Cowboys, the Skins have Rex, the Giants have Eli, and Vick is prone to his own meltdowns.

So I like their chances in the East. :D

Erm... dude. Romo? Listen, I get it. Romo has shown a lot of toughness the last 2 weeks. I give him props for that. But when you talk about 4th quarter, game on the line situations, I'm taking Eli or Vick over Romo.

Anyways, like you said, the Cowboys have a weak defensive backfield. I think you're discounting how bad the O-line is (although that can be improved over the course of the season, a lot easier than talent deficiencies in the secondary). It is very, very difficult to win with a bad secondary in the NFL. And I'll tell you BadEgg, I don't see the Cowboys doing better than 4-4 in the first half. I think you guys can realistically get to 9 wins, though, if you catch a few lucky breaks. But you better hope that O-line is much better by week 14... because Romo won't finish the game, and you'll be counting on Kitna to beat the Giants again in week 17... hoping for lightning to strike twice.

Erm... dude. Romo? Listen, I get it. Romo has shown a lot of toughness the last 2 weeks. I give him props for that. But when you talk about 4th quarter, game on the line situations, I'm taking Eli or Vick over Romo.

Anyways, like you said, the Cowboys have a weak defensive backfield. I think you're discounting how bad the O-line is (although that can be improved over the course of the season, a lot easier than talent deficiencies in the secondary). It is very, very difficult to win with a bad secondary in the NFL. And I'll tell you BadEgg, I don't see the Cowboys doing better than 4-4 in the first half. I think you guys can realistically get to 9 wins, though, if you catch a few lucky breaks. But you better hope that O-line is much better by week 14... because Romo won't finish the game, and you'll be counting on Kitna to beat the Giants again in week 17... hoping for lightning to strike twice.

I also thinks its realistic the Cowboys win 9. The defensive backfield has issues. The line is much better than you give them credit for, but still a work in progress.

But when the season started I thought the Cowboys, without a doubt, were on the outside looking in as far as playoffs go. But now, looking at the rest of the NFC East, its wide open.

And your kidding yourself if you think the Giants are winning more than 10.

Only thing consistent in Giant land is winning.

Best record in the NFC since 2005...no losing seasons...can't fight with that buddy

-Z

True...6 years...that's quite a tradition...makes the NY Yankees and their so-called "storied history" look irrelevant.

True...6 years...that's quite a tradition...makes the NY Yankees and their so-called "storied history" look irrelevant.

I don't get your point. I'm talking the team as it is today, and in recent memory with many of the players who are still on the team now.

If you want to talk historically, then yes as per profootballreference.com the Cowboys have the second best winning percentage of all time, and the Giants are tied with the 49ers for 8th. So the Cowboys have won more, but the Giants can more than hold their own.

Historically the Giants have a tradition as rich as any team not named the Packers, 49ers, Steelers and yes, the Cowboys.

That's all fine and dandy, but also irrelevant. I mention the last five years because well, it's the last five years and relevant to the character of the teams today.

The Giants never get any respect, and if you haven't noticed, that's really fine for most people on this board. I like it that way. Every year people underestimate us, and every year we're capable of making a push.

-Z

I also thinks its realistic the Cowboys win 9. The defensive backfield has issues. The line is much better than you give them credit for, but still a work in progress.

But when the season started I thought the Cowboys, without a doubt, were on the outside looking in as far as playoffs go. But now, looking at the rest of the NFC East, its wide open.

And your kidding yourself if you think the Giants are winning more than 10.

With the second half of the schedule the way it is, I'll take 10 wins, which may be good enough to win the division this year. If the Giants win 10 games, Egg, I think it would be a major accomplishment with the Saints, New England, Green Bay, another tough game against Philly, and the Jets all in the second half, plus two games against the Boys and a revenge game against the Skins... Coughlin should get coach of the year for 10 wins. We also have a tough Buffalo team coming to visit in a couple of weeks.

I won't put a cap on it, though. Reason being is we still don't know what we have yet. I think this team isn't playing it's best football, and I'd like to see what Osi and Prince Amukamara will do. Plus I think Stokley is going to be a big boon to the receiver group. He's going to coach the young players up and make a lot of first downs for us, I believe.