SportsWrath

Manningham says new trio much better than the old one

JackStroud

The injury Manningham came off was a concussion, not sure if that would be lingering.

Concussions are a bitch to come from.. headaches last for weeks. I rememeber it took me 3 weeks to feel balanced again after my worst concussion. Wouldn't wish that pain on anyone.. it's a severe migraine that doesn't stop for weeks... and you can't think str8 either... it's like you're half as sharp.. half as smart... and half as fast.

Concussions are a bitch to come from.. headaches last for weeks. I rememeber it took me 3 weeks to feel balanced again after my worst concussion. Wouldn't wish that pain on anyone.. it's a severe migraine that doesn't stop for weeks... and you can't think str8 either... it's like you're half as sharp.. half as smart... and half as fast.

And there's been speculation as to how smart Manningham is sans concussion....

And there's been speculation as to how smart Manningham is sans concussion....

I hear that but, at least from a personal standpoint, I think it's offensive to even hint someone is stupid. I like Manningham and I think he can be even better. He came up big last year when we were signing WRs from the streets. People get on his case because he drops a ball here or there.. what WR doesn't. that being said..

concussions are no easy injuries... I remember I took 9 advils.. and nothing changed I felt so miserable for 3 weeks (wished I'd been rushed to the ER but I really didn't know what was going on). I wouldn't wish that pain.. and the subsequent pain (probably a very good reason for my migraines) on anyone.

I hear that but, at least from a personal standpoint, I think it's offensive to even hint someone is stupid. I like Manningham and I think he can be even better. He came up big last year when we were signing WRs from the streets. People get on his case because he drops a ball here or there.. what WR doesn't. that being said..

concussions are no easy injuries... I remember I took 9 advils.. and nothing changed I felt so miserable for 3 weeks (wished I'd been rushed to the ER but I really didn't know what was going on). I wouldn't wish that pain.. and the subsequent pain (probably a very good reason for my migraines) on anyone.

I wasn't us. I think it was the 8 on the Wonderlic test that dropped that hint.

I agree he's a better receiver than he gets credit for here - he's had excellent production for someone who has started only 12 games or so - and your point on concussions is well taken.

But that 8 does lead to a certain amount of speculation......

I wasn't us. I think it was the 8 on the Wonderlic test that dropped that hint.

I agree he's a better receiver than he gets credit for here - he's had excellent production for someone who has started only 12 games or so - and your point on concussions is well taken.

But that 8 does lead to a certain amount of speculation......

I understand that but even if I think or know based on a test that someone isn't bright.. I would hate to repeat it.. I don't like insulting anyone (unless provoked for those of you in the P&R section). And for that I like Manningham.

I understand that but even if I think or know based on a test that someone isn't bright.. I would hate to repeat it.. I don't like insulting anyone (unless provoked for those of you in the P&R section). And for that I like Manningham.

Nas I have no idea how bright he is......he's just not nearly as good as the PT Cruzzzzer

Would be a great #3..........our receiving game in general......eveyone thought we were in trouble there and its become one of our biggest strengths....how about them apples

Nas I have no idea how bright he is......he's just not nearly as good as the PT Cruzzzzer

Would be a great #3..........our receiving game in general......eveyone thought we were in trouble there and its become one of our biggest strengths....how about them apples

Fine and dandy I just feel it's offensive talking about how "stupid" someone is. It's almost like making fun of someone's disability... not to mention Mario wears Blue.. and he stepped up last year when we needed a WR to do so... that's all I'm saying.

I agree 100%.......I'm not familiar with the wonderlic, I'm sure a lot of these guys never attended a lot of classes in college.

They are elite athletes, not brain surgeons. I wonder what a lot of the posters on message boards would score, and how do they know Mario's score anyway.....was it in the newspapers? :rolleyes:

Not making fun of him, but he supposedly scored a 6, which is really dismal.

Part of the reason why when there's some sort of route miscommunication between him and Eli, and the replay doesn't clearly indicate who's fault it was, I tend to pin it on Mario. It's just more likely that he's the one making the mental mistake. (Eli scored a 38 or 39 or something I don't remember.)

6 is just really really dismal.

-Z

I dont know if Homer could have broken 10 on the wonderlich but he was Nicks hands with world class 100 yd speed.........I believe Homer's top 100yd speed was 9.2 seconds

They run in meters today so its tough to compare but with todays training methods I'm sure Homer could have given Usain Bolt a run for his money

Wonderlich had nothing to do with it :05-mafia:

I dont know if Homer could have broken 10 on the wonderlich but he was Nicks hands with world class 100 yd speed.........I believe Homer's top 100yd speed was 9.2 seconds

They run in meters today so its tough to compare but with todays training methods I'm sure Homer could have given Usain Bolt a run for his money

Wonderlich had nothing to do with it :05-mafia:

Homer was all that you say but then again, the game is a lot more complicated now than 40 years ago.

A quick story to illustrate that point - our seats in Yankee Stadium were in the upper deck, behind the Giant bench. Giant coaches or scouts or whatever they were would sit in a cordoned off first row and every so often, they would snap away with a Polaroid (which was really using the newest technology at that time!), then crumple the pictures up, put them in a weighted sock and toss them down behind the bench. A guy from the bench would scamper over to pick it up, wave up to the "booth" and take the pictures back to the players and coaches for study. You'd see the guys from the booth coming back for the 2nd half with a new supply of socks, probably those they tossed down in the first half.

That's apropos of nothing, I suppose....just a flashback to another time.

Carry on.

I'm just making the point you do not have to be an academic wizzzzzzzzz to play WR

Good moves, speed, agility, good hands, aware, and in synch with the QB........Nicks has all these qualities, Cruz too.......Ballard

after that their might be a fall off......not sure

Maningham is not having a good year so far

I

I want all Giants players to exceed

I hope Manningham does catch two TDs .....every week

just saying hes not performing too well so far this year

Ya, but that wouldn't have anything to do with Nicks being healthy, Cruz stepping up, and Manningham getting injured and missing a game and playing dinged up the following week.

BENCH MANNINGHAM!

You forget to think, bro.

staying healthy is part of the game

hes not having a good year

what can I tell you........I've never been a big believer in playing injured starters when competent replacements were available

even when both are healthy Cruz is just plain better.........sorry if you cannot see that

deal with it

staying healthy is part of the game

hes not having a good year

what can I tell you........I've never been a big believer in playing injured starters when competent replacements were available

even when both are healthy Cruz is just plain better.........sorry if you cannot see that

deal with it

What I'm trying to tell you is: It's the 4th game. You're giving up on a proven quality starter after 4 games for one who hasn't even played in 4 games. And 1 in which Manningham was injured. So he's had almost 3 catches a game, I'm not too mad about that, he'll pick it up. He should probably be in the slot, though....but it requires that he make quick decisions on the fly which he hasn't proven he can do yet....which is why I liked Stokley because he'd had success with Peyton. Oh well.

at some point you will realize Manningham is a good player, but Cruz has superstar potential, and so far he's on track

the kid is just special, hes very shifty and reacts extremely fast...........we'll all look back some day and say thank goodness for all the injuries because it allowed a star to be uncovered from deep in the depth chart

Machts Nichts! Apparently Tom is going to put the PT Cruzzzer in the slot ............and use him to spell Mario Dropingham who has a whopping 8 catches this year

No, it's the Cruz Missile. Can't use PT Cruzer as a nickname. Pierre Thomas in New Orleans already has the PT Bruiser nickname. Too similar. Plus, Cruz Missile is just better.

No, it's the Cruz Missile. Can't use PT Cruzer as a nickname. Pierre Thomas in New Orleans already has the PT Bruiser nickname. Too similar. Plus, Cruz Missile is just better.

No.........Joemorris came up with the name

It stands for "Paterson NJ" Cruiser

Look guys I'm sensing a fundamental change in Coughlin this year. He seems to be willing to do anything to win. He is finally comfortable in his own skin as a HC of the NY Giants.

He and Gilbride are mixing up Nicks, Manningham, and Cruz at all three positions.....this is the best crew of 3 WRs the Giants have had on the field since the old Charley Connerly Giants.....possibly the best ever.

Ballard reminds me of a young Jason Witten. It really does not matter where you put the pieces- just keep these 4 healthy and we are SB bound

Add to that my favorite lineman Kevin Boothe is starting at center this week.........we should be high flying- Boothe will open up the running game, no matter how many people the opponents put in the box.

Last year we gave up 18 sacks.....we have allowed 11 already........Boothe was part of that great line we had mid-year last year.

GO GIANTS........Thank God we have re-claimed our Throne in our own Stadium. The Jets are in dis-array. Allowing Braylon Edwards to walk was crazy. They will be very lucky to get to 10-6 and crawl into the playoffs

If I could pick one team to play in the Super Bowl it would still be New England II......but we both have to get there and there are no guarantees in the NFL