SportsWrath

Victor Cruz

BadEgg

That really doesn't mean much. We lost plenty of games like that last year. Other than being frustrating for you, it's still a loss. And of course the comedy of the situation was that you were saying something similar to what I was saying last year. Now the same argument is being used to denigrate a win this season. From experience, this argument doesn't suddenly pop a win on the schedule.

The Jacobs TD was a well-executed play, and you don't know if it was blown coverage, or simply a play the Eagles didn't expect and could not compensate for from their called defense.

You're also conveniently neglecting a well-selected, perfectly executed screen to Bradshaw.

Speaking of which, why is the Redskins D getting credit against Dallas, while the Giants D isn't? Considering the ridiculous amount of successful goal-line stands we've had so far, we don't seem to garner any credit from you or Egg. What gives?

They started fast under Zorn as well. They still have a lot of tough games to play. We'll see, just as we will with the Giants.

the dog isn't discounting similar losses. but if someone wants to state that the giants dominated that game, the dog was merely pointing out how that just isn't true. and the dog stated that the jacobs play was well designed, but the eagle LB didn't pick him up in man coverage following the playaction, hence a blown coverage (see when the giants ran the same play with a simple switch of the FB and TB when it was picked up by the linebacker later in the game)...not taking away the play design or execution, but if the eagle LB picks up coverage as he should have, then who knows. the dog also isn't taking away from the giants defense, but if you look at what the defense allowed during that game, it is far from dominant. come on, you have to be able to legitimatlly see that? again, the dog stated very clearly that it was a deserved win, but not a dominant one.

and the dog thought it was made pretty clear that a lot is still in doubt, but if you look at this snapshot in time, of anyone in the nfc east, the redskins have probably been the best of a weak 3 week stretch. it will all come out in the wash in about 4-5 weeks, but the dog isn't expecting anyone from this division to represent the nfc in the super bowl based on what has been shown to date...

“I think we have gotten better every game,” Manning said. “We have to keep taking strides, We’re not where we need to be. We’re not playing perfect football. There are still areas of improvement, but as long as we keep making strides, we’ll be OK.”

This article puts things in perspective...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlJXoawWmnWnpEyLfAoXXdgdsLYF?slug=ap-giants-manning

Hotdog/BadEgg- Tell me why is your team so highly rated by the power rankings this time of year?

Is Jerry Jones paying these people off.............dosent it just piss fans off more when they are disappointed?

We usually make our SB runs when we are ranked around #15.......seems to be our lucky number

I cant wait for the cowboys to lose again and you dissapear. :yawn:

As much as that's funny it's also true.. I wish BadEgg and the Dog would show more even in Dallas' bad times... and debate us... we sincerely think the Giants are better now and are better for a while given our nucleus and these young stars on our team.. and we're a very deep team too... not too many NFL teams with as many injuries can start 2-1.. I'm not going to take away anything from the Redskins.. the beat us.. we can make excuses but we know they outplayed us... we got it togehter kinda.. against the Rams.. and manhandled the Dream Team. I don't understand why Egg and the Dog don't seem to acknowledge our continues improvement.. and that this game in AZ will tip this either way.. we win and you can't deny us as contenders.. going 3-0 since that loss.. and if we lose then we'll come back to the drawing board..

I'll admit I'm on high now because the Giants have been winning.. I maybe guilty of overestimating them now.. but thats easily offset by how hard I've been on them.. especially Ross... the dude came up big against Philly...

I guess what I'm saying is.. they should be here rain and shine.. and give credit where credit is due. I love the Giants...

As much as that's funny it's also true.. I wish BadEgg and the Dog would show more even in Dallas' bad times... and debate us... we sincerely think the Giants are better now and are better for a while given our nucleus and these young stars on our team.. and we're a very deep team too... not too many NFL teams with as many injuries can start 2-1.. I'm not going to take away anything from the Redskins.. the beat us.. we can make excuses but we know they outplayed us... we got it togehter kinda.. against the Rams.. and manhandled the Dream Team. I don't understand why Egg and the Dog don't seem to acknowledge our continues improvement.. and that this game in AZ will tip this either way.. we win and you can't deny us as contenders.. going 3-0 since that loss.. and if we lose then we'll come back to the drawing board..

I'll admit I'm on high now because the Giants have been winning.. I maybe guilty of overestimating them now.. but thats easily offset by how hard I've been on them.. especially Ross... the dude came up big against Philly...

I guess what I'm saying is.. they should be here rain and shine.. and give credit where credit is due. I love the Giants...

the dog is always around, and the cowboys success or lack there of has no impact on that. if the cowboys never win another game, the dog has no problem with that...badegg is a fan, so it may damper his mood...

the dog is always around, and the cowboys success or lack there of has no impact on that. if the cowboys never win another game, the dog has no problem with that...badegg is a fan, so it may damper his mood...

Is it fair to say you dislike the Giants?

It does. I especially love the part where Eli say he's not worried about the numbers. That may be true. But what is also true is that he should not and, more importantly, cannot worry about the numbers. Because...

He does not have the skills to put up the big numbers on a consistent basis.

It's not that he chooses not to do it for the sake of the team.

It's that he just can't do it. Which is fine.

It just means that the defense and the other skills players (see Victor Cruz last week) must make up for Eli's short comings or what you end up with is Week 1 in Washington, and an extra TD that the poor Giants defense did not give up.

The criticism that his teamates whine about has been earned. The simple fact is that you cannot criticize Brady or the good Manning consistently for the same mistakes Eli makes because they do not make those mistakes as often as Eli.

The simple fact is that he sould not be making some of these mistakes at this juncture of his career with the players he has around him. Just throw the damn ball over the defensive lineman's hands, son.

So Eli is right. He should be himself and rely on his teammates. Because if he tries to be something he is not, he will cost them games.

It does. I especially love the part where Eli say he's not worried about the numbers. That may be true. But what is also true is that he should not and, more importantly, cannot worry about the numbers. Because...

He does not have the skills to put up the big numbers on a consistent basis.

It's not that he chooses not to do it for the sake of the team.

It's that he just can't do it. Which is fine.

It just means that the defense and the other skills players (see Victor Cruz last week) must make up for Eli's short comings or what you end up with is Week 1 in Washington, and an extra TD that the poor Giants defense did not give up.

The criticism that his teamates whine about has been earned. The simple fact is that you cannot criticize Brady or the good Manning consistently for the same mistakes Eli makes because they do not make those mistakes as often as Eli.

The simple fact is that he sould not be making some of these mistakes at this juncture of his career with the players he has around him. Just throw the damn ball over the defensive lineman's hands, son.

So Eli is right. He should be himself and rely on his teammates. Because if he tries to be something he is not, he will cost them games.

thats not true

2 yrs ago he put up incredible numbers......hes capable of anything

thats why hes an Enigma

as is Tony Fumble-omo

a lesson the dog is sure he learned last year when he stepped out of his huckleberry character and gave a heartfelt, braveheart like speech early in the practice week prior to the packer game...and then went out and essentially urinated on his teammates with a 4 pick performance that underscored the 30 point loss.

the issue for little eli is, the expectations were out of line to begin with. he was not as spectacular in college as his name dictated he be considered. he was not worthy of a draft-day trade to the level that it was. and he certainly isn't worthy of the contract he landed (although you can't blame him for getting it). he is what he is. great one week. lousy another. and mediocre the next. i-n-c-o-n-s-i-s-t-e-n-t....

those poor performances usually parallel poor field position, lousy blocking, poor play calling and no blocking

This team seems to be straightening up

Eli may have a great year

the Giants are growing more powerful by the game........if the injuries stop, and some people return we may shot for trophy #4 this year

I only think the Packers threaten us............no one in the AFC

We need to make sure the Packers come to our house this time

You guys are doomed until Jerry passes or sells the team........unlikely.......or hires a real football man and steps away completely as Dan Snyder finally learned