SportsWrath

Contract details: Only a $5.25 mill bonus

Motes

If we have the money, why should we use it? We could save for next off-season where it is said we should have just as much money as we did this off-season. We could make an even bigger splash next year in FA.

Just because we have the money, doesn't mean we have to use it. I don't want to save like the Eagles do even though it has given them remarkable success over the years but I do want to save some for the future.

The cap does NOT work that way. It's not a fluid thing; it operates on a year-to-year basis, and free money does not carry over nor does it translate to additional cap space in subsequent seasons...

The cap does NOT work that way. It's not a fluid thing; it operates on a year-to-year basis, and free money does not carry over nor does it translate to additional cap space in subsequent seasons...

Yes but say we signed Buckner for 2 mill a year or something like that. In 2007, we'd have two mill less in the off-season for a guy I don't think is worth that much anyway.

Yes but say we signed Buckner for 2 mill a year or something like that. In 2007, we'd have two mill less in the off-season for a guy I don't think is worth that much anyway.

The annual salary is irrelevant because it isn't guaranteed.