SportsWrath

Dream Team in last place - Giants in first (tie)

BleedinBlue

Just looking at the standings and it makes me laugh. The Eagles "Dream Team" is 1-2, while everyone else in the division is 2-1.

It's an interesting season. Who'd a thunk it that the Lions and Bills would be two of only three teams that are 3-0?

Too early.. wayyy too early. I wanna see a few more L's on the Eagles' balance sheet.

Too early.. wayyy too early. I wanna see a few more L's on the Eagles' balance sheet.

You are right....way to early. But frankly, if someone had offered me these standings in the preseason, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Last year, I think the Giants defense gave the NFL the blueprint on how to contain Vick....since then, I think he's something like 1-5. Not certain on that, but I know he has struggled.

On Sunday, the Giants offense might have given the NFL the blueprint on how to score on the Eagles defense.

The Dream Team proved that good coverage can't compensate for soft tackling.

Cowboys (2-1) have a 1.000 win percentage in the division, placing them in first.

Redskins (2-1) have a 0.500 win percentage in the division and head-to-head win over Giants, placing them in second.

Giants (2-1) have a 0.500 win percentage in the division, but lost head-to-head matchup with Redskins, placing them in third.

Eagles (1-2) are last in division due to overall record.

You are right....way to early. But frankly, if someone had offered me these standings in the preseason, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Last year, I think the Giants defense gave the NFL the blueprint on how to contain Vick....since then, I think he's something like 1-5. Not certain on that, but I know he has struggled.

On Sunday, the Giants offense might have given the NFL the blueprint on how to score on the Eagles defense.

The Dream Team proved that good coverage can't compensate for soft tackling.

Actually it was the Bears and he has definitely struggled since then. A new QB always does well if he has athletic ability because D coordinators don't have much to go on. But once there is game film your real skills show up. Vick is a good QB but he is easily frustrated and I am not surprised by his Sunday out burst. It's easy to get into his head. Also I think Newton will come crashing down to earth soon.

Actually it was the Bears and he has definitely struggled since then. A new QB always does well if he has athletic ability because D coordinators don't have much to go on. But once there is game film your real skills show up. Vick is a good QB but he is easily frustrated and I am not surprised by his Sunday out burst. It's easy to get into his head. Also I think Newton will come crashing down to earth soon.

No sir.. the Bears followed our game plan more or less... remember we smashed the Eagles that game.. and Vick was kept in check.. it was our late collapse that gave them the W.

The eagles have alot of names but maybe instead of building on strength. They should have built that offensive line better. If they can't protect Vick guess what they are going suck. Eagles got exposed on Sunday. Do I think they will have a lousy year ? No I think talent wise if Vick stays healthy they will be good, but we shall see. Personally I always though Vick was overated and has had one good season as a qb. Has proven nothing because he can't stay healthy.

Philly is going to be around all year. They always are. However, it looks like its not going to be the walk in the park that many people expected. You can't hide deficiencies on the offensive line, their linebackers are flat out bad, and the promotion of Castillo to d-coordinator could end up proving disastrous. I don't expect them to completely crash and burn but it's nice to see some doubt and panic set in.

Philly is going to be around all year. They always are. However, it looks like its not going to be the walk in the park that many people expected. You can't hide deficiencies on the offensive line, their linebackers are flat out bad, and the promotion of Castillo to d-coordinator could end up proving disastrous. I don't expect them to completely crash and burn but it's nice to see some doubt and panic set in.

some guys on their board are talking 6-10

Remember they have to face the same tough schedule as we do and they had to play Atlanta, we do not

The Bears and Packers are the next two "payback" victims

Unfortunately as things stand right now we wouldn't beat Green Bay. They have too many threats that are simply too fast, and Rodgers is lightning quick getting the ball out. Any type of soft zone against Green Bay and we're dead. We need to be able to play tight press coverage and the pass rush needs to bring it bigtime, which it hasn't been doing yet.

We can definitely take the Bears though. :)

-Z

I actually want the eagles to win some games here and stay competitive, that way no one can say that wasnt a quality win. If the eagles end up stinkin, then beating them was no big deal. Other than a few bad areas on that team, its still a good team.

The cowboys, now THATS an overrated team.

I actually want the eagles to win some games here and stay competitive, that way no one can say that wasnt a quality win. If the eagles end up stinkin, then beating them was no big deal. Other than a few bad areas on that team, its still a good team.

The cowboys, now THATS an overrated team.

Blasphemy :angry::05-mafia: