SportsWrath

Cruz reminds me of the Panther's Steve Smith

JMFP

I really like his tenacity....he acts like the ball belongs to him.

Watching that double coverage catch in slo-mo, I was also impressed with the guy's strength....he's a pretty solid dude.

I know it's way early, but his attitude is definitely going to make him a fan favorite.

Paterson NJ in the house.

I really like his tenacity....he acts like the ball belongs to him.

Watching that double coverage catch in slo-mo, I was also impressed with the guy's strength....he's a pretty solid dude.

I know it's way early, but his attitude is definitely going to make him a fan favorite.

Paterson NJ in the house.

Agreed.

After that first TD, I clearly threw my hands in the air. I then waved them in a manner to suggest that i just didn't care.

Q: Who was your NFL Idol growing up, and who do you feel most resembles your skill set as an NFL receiver today?

A: Growing up my favorite NFL star was Michael Irvin. When I was young, my dad had me watching the Cowboys and I just wanted to be a receiver like Michael Irvin because he was just my favorite. Some of my teammates say I play like Steve Smith of the Carolina Panthers so I guess that’s who I resemble the most out of current receivers, at least according to them.

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/3027?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I've been saying all along that despite our having a few injuries 90% of all NFL teams would gladly trade their 53 for our 53 players

Eli on the other hand is not a "frachise QB".........he's good when the rest of the team is playing well.......on his own he's not athletic enough to carry a team

I've been saying all along that despite our having a few injuries 90% of all NFL teams would gladly trade their 53 for our 53 players

Eli on the other hand is not a "frachise QB".........he's good when the rest of the team is playing well.......on his own he's not athletic enough to carry a team

I disagree that he's not a "franchise QB". Other teams have gone through like 5+ QBs during Eli's tenure. That first statement is just wrong.

But ya, the second part, that's the knock on Eli, but there's two, maybe 3 QBs in the NFL that you can say that are athletic enough. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees....maybe Brady but if Brady is getting pressured he looks less like Superman....he's not athletic enough to make plays on his own when the defense is clearly bearing down like the other two are, at least in my opinion. Eli is just fine as he is....I'll take an Eli for what we gave up for him back in 04 every time. Seriously, every time, if we're guaranteed an Eli but we have to give up a 1st and several other draft picks the following year, do it!

Grass is greener on the other side... Eli has been a slid QB and that's all we need to ask of an individual out of a 53-man team. Yes there are times when Eli has been atrocious... could it be because we don't watch other teams and only hear about the other QBs when they throw 4 or 5 TDs but not when they suck balls?

Grass is greener on the other side... Eli has been a slid QB and that's all we need to ask of an individual out of a 53-man team. Yes there are times when Eli has been atrocious... could it be because we don't watch other teams and only hear about the other QBs when they throw 4 or 5 TDs but not when they suck balls?

Definitely that. Plus, when Eli fucks up, because he plays in New York it becomes national news.

I did not say Eli was not a good QB

Just not a guy who can carry a team on his back.........very few are

He's perfect for Coughlin because hes got the choir boy mentality, and enough smarts to do as he is told.......his arm goes from weak to right on the beam from game to game......I guess thats the puzzling part

I do not know if he could find the weight room with a map

I did not say Eli was not a good QB

Just not a guy who can carry a team on his back.........very few are

He's perfect for Coughlin because hes got the choir boy mentality, and enough smarts to do as he is told.......his arm goes from weak to right on the beam from game to game......I guess thats the puzzling part

I do not know if he could find the weight room with a map

Eli did something about this season I never saw him do before.. he got angry.. not that aw shucks shit.. he was upset and cursing.. not sure when that was but I'd assume it's during the first half of the Rams game.. he's picked it up since.