SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs' TD

Nas

It amazes me how fast BJ is once he gets going... he's a powerful running but laws of physics says momentum is a great thing... Am I the only one who saw how fast, big and powerful that TD run was? I mean Jesus Gilbride... let's do that more often..

I was surprised he caught it to be honest given the angle it was coming at him. BJ isn't the most consistent in receptions out of the backfield. I think the consistency factor is why we don't see it more often.

That said, it was a very nice play design and a very nice execution. Here's hoping that we see more of it!

I'm glad someone is giving the RB some props here. If it wasn't for the great running game I wouldn't think we could of pull out that win.

The truth, I was saying O'shit when the pass was up and notice it was to Jacobs. I though he wouldn't of pull it off. Glad I was wrong.

The way BJ caught the ball was unorthodox... though it can be fixed in practice... but what struck me is when he started running.. it's like a fucking tank..

The RB wheel route is a play that when used sparingly, can be a big play almost every time. It's a gotcha play that is set up by running the ball well and getting the defense in a man to man look. That play usually isn't going to work in zone coverage, but if you get the look you want, and you've set it up well, it's a big play.

The little screens and safety valves to running backs have been a staple of the offense the last couple of games. I like it a lot. It's worked out well and it slows down the blitz. It also mitigates not having a big receiving threat at TE. I'd like for Bradshaw to catch 50 or more balls this year.

We actually had a couple of nice screens, including Bradshaw's TD. The Law of Averages was working for us yesterday.

props to Hakeem Nicks. Despite being doubled all day he kept his head in the game.

Good down field blocks on Cruz's first td and Bradshaw's on the screen.

In his hands? That was fucking textbook.... 'fix' it?

No the way his hands were positioned made it likely to be dropped... thank god he held on... between the shoulder pads limiting his arm extension and the way the right hand was facing was a big no no... like I said thank god he caught it but I've always found a basket catch to be one of the surest catches a receiver can make.

No the way his hands were positioned made it likely to be dropped... thank god he held on... between the shoulder pads limiting his arm extension and the way the right hand was facing was a big no no... like I said thank god he caught it but I've always found a basket catch to be one of the surest catches a receiver can make.

Looked pretty good to me... his hands were up and out, catching the ball away from his body. Exactly the way I was taught to do it.

The basket catch...... ever try to do that in full pads? There's a reason its coached as a play of last resort - your thumbs are on the outside, so you're catching the ball in the weak part of your hands, and you've got pads and a helmet in the way. They'll always teach you to get your hands turned toward the pass, thumbs together, if you've got that option. Jacobs got his hands up and got the ball in stride.... he was textbook.

Looked pretty good to me... his hands were up and out, catching the ball away from his body. Exactly the way I was taught to do it.

The basket catch...... ever try to do that in full pads? There's a reason its coached as a play of last resort - your thumbs are on the outside, so you're catching the ball in the weak part of your hands, and you've got pads and a helmet in the way. They'll always teach you to get your hands turned toward the pass, thumbs together, if you've got that option. Jacobs got his hands up and got the ball in stride.... he was textbook.

Due to the angle.. shoulder pads and helmet it can be mistimed and would bounce off the side of his right hand... and when I said basket I meant with both hands not forearms.

Due to the angle.. shoulder pads and helmet it can be mistimed and would bounce off the side of his right hand... and when I said basket I meant with both hands not forearms.

I know what your talking about Nas.

Guys, think of Amani's catch in the NFCCG against the Packers. That's what he is thinking of in terms of how to catch a ball like that.

Way too lazy to post it, so here is the link.

I know what your talking about Nas.

Guys, think of Amani's catch in the NFCCG against the Packers. That's what he is thinking of in terms of how to catch a ball like that.

Way too lazy to post it, so here is the link.

And how is that better than what Jacobs did?

If Jacobs tries to catch that ball like Toomer did in this pic, he's out of bounds... no touchdown.

I'll take the text book catch and long touchdown, thank you very much.

If Jacobs tries to catch that ball like Toomer did in this pic, he's out of bounds... no touchdown.

I'm not saying it's better.

I'm just saying that's what Nas is talking about. I don't care if the ball gets lodged in his facemask or his asscrack. As long as he catches it..fine by me.

I wasn't really criticizing the catch.. it was a heck of a catch.. I was merely saying the angle of the catch namely the way his right hand was positioned could have made it bounce off his hand. The image of toomer's catch Golfing posted is what i was referring to.. from experience I never dropped a pass with that style but seem to always at least crack my fingers or .. errr drop the pass trying it the way Jacobs did it.. but his hands are much bigger than mine.

I'm not saying it's better.

I'm just saying that's what Nas is talking about. I don't care if the ball gets lodged in his facemask or his asscrack. As long as he catches it..fine by me.

lol, There have been times those are about the only ways Jacobs was going to catch it. Thats why I'm belaboring the point - I couldn't believe how perfect Jacobs looked pulling in that pass. Got to give the big guy some credit, he's definitely been practicing.

lol, There have been times those are about the only ways Jacobs was going to catch it. Thats why I'm belaboring the point - I couldn't believe how perfect Jacobs looked pulling in that pass. Got to give the big guy some credit, he's definitely been practicing.

The way he ran that ball the entire stadium couldn't stop him lol