SportsWrath

The Deon Grant Offside Penalty

Zelmo

Did anyone understand the call here? The Giants had 11 guys on the field that you could see on TV, and Deon Grant wasn't one of them. The announcers said he was caught running off the field. But then wouldn't that be 12 men?

Doesn't really make a difference, but just wondering if anyone understood what happened there.

Did they actually mean to call the offsides on #94? (Who absolutely wasn't offsides btw!)

I thought the announcers were terrible this game.

-Z

Did anyone understand the call here? The Giants had 11 guys on the field that you could see on TV, and Deon Grant wasn't one of them. The announcers said he was caught running off the field. But then wouldn't that be 12 men?

Doesn't really make a difference, but just wondering if anyone understood what happened there.

Did they actually mean to call the offsides on #94? (Who absolutely wasn't offsides btw!)

I thought the announcers were terrible this game.

-Z

I think they technically could have called either penalty... #34 was both a 12th man and offsides, at the same time.

Couldn't see #34 on TV, but that doesn't mean he wasn't there... thats one of those things they're probably going to get right from the announcer's booth, they've got a better view than the sideline camera angle.

It was annoying to listen to all three of them cheer for the Eagles all game. If that was the Eagles broadcast crew then fine but those guys are the national team and should at least try to balance it out a bit.

On the plus side we made them look stupid too.

It was annoying to listen to all three of them cheer for the Eagles all game. If that was the Eagles broadcast crew then fine but those guys are the national team and should at least try to balance it out a bit.

I guess that explains why I kept feeling down... even when we stopped them and them to field goals I always had a bad feeling we'd lose the game... between them and the refs peeling Vick off the turf.. all I can say is WTF <_<

Moose has no reason to be an Eagles homer over the Giants.... I think its the 'making them look stupid' that made them all sound like Eagles homers.

To listen to those three guys on Fox, there's no way the Giants won that game because they were the better team. Heaven forbid all the pundits get it wrong, because that NEVER happens in the NFL.

Happens all the time though. The Bills beat the Patriots and it's only because Brady had a bad day. The top tier teams in pundit's minds always get the benefit of the doubt until the wheels fall off. I think the Eagles are a game or 2 away from the wheels falling off.