SportsWrath

Something that could be worked out in practice

boohyah

when Hakeem Nicks catches a 9 yard pass and decides to step back to make more yards, when all he needs to do is lean forward for the extra yard. He's done it twice in 2 games, and I believe manningham did also. I'm sure the entire offense would appreciate not having to go another 2 downs if they don't have to.

I was gonna bring this up. I love Hakeem Nicks, he's excellent, but he shows no aggression at all in getting upfield after the catch. He's very tentative and leaves many first downs out there on the field, short by a yard or two. It's frustrating. Not to sound too much like Madden, but he needs to make the catch and BOOM turn upfield.

-Z

Crazy. I'm not criticizing Nicks for anything. The guy is a beast, I don't know what you're seeing, Z... Nicks tentative?! He's as physical a receiver as they come and he is constantly breaking tackles or at least getting that extra yard or two as he's getting tackled. This game was not the game to judge him on. Eagles did a pretty good job of taking Nicks away as a factor.

Crazy. I'm not criticizing Nicks for anything. The guy is a beast, I don't know what you're seeing, Z... Nicks tentative?! He's as physical a receiver as they come and he is constantly breaking tackles or at least getting that extra yard or two as he's getting tackled. This game was not the game to judge him on. Eagles did a pretty good job of taking Nicks away as a factor.

It's something I noticed during the Carolina game last year when on a long pass Nicks scooted out of bounds at the 1 or 2 instead of making a play at the endzone. I have NFL game rewind I'll do a quick run through of Nick's catches this year and see if I can point it out.

-Z

K I found examples of what I'm talking about

In the Eagles game:

Reception 1 - 8:00 to go, 1st Quarter...1st and 10...Nicks catches a slant with about 5 yards to go for the first and instead of accelerating forward and to the leftish into some open space and the first down, he kind of folds into Asante Samuel approaching from the right.

Reception 2 - 11:37 to go, 4th Quarter....1st and 10 Manning finds Nicks with two yards to go, Namdi flails at Nicks and falls to the ground, completely missing the tackle, and then with one yard to go for the first Nicks again allows the lateral pursuit to engage instead of just quickly falling forward for the first.

The Rams game-

1:22 to go in the first half...2nd and 6....Manning finds Nicks over the middle with three yards to go for the first and Nicks runs laterally and goes nowhere, leaving three yards to go.

There were a couple of other plays I didn't exactly like what he did, but they weren't obvious or for sure on him as opposed to just good spacing and tackling by the defense so I left them out.

It's not a major flaw, just a habit of his I don't like.

-Z