SportsWrath

I just heard on ESPN Radio Osi is playing Sunday

JackStroud

Not likely... from ESPN.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Mario Manningham and defensive end Osi Umenyiora were not practicing with the team during the portion of Thursday's session that was open to the media, making it less likely they will play on Sunday in Philadelphia.

Manningham, who suffered a concussion on Monday night against St. Louis, has undergone a battery of tests and examinations this week. He was examined by independent neurologist Dr. Teena Shetty on Tuesday and will continue to follow protocol for players who suffer head injuries before being cleared.

Week 3: Giants at Eagles

Manningham suffered the concussion in the first half and said his neck "stiffened" up, but he was held out of the second half after taking a baseline test.

"He feels better even now, but he has to go through a whole bunch of things and every one of them, and rightfully so, has to be signed off on," Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Wednesday. "And that's not the case just yet. We will see what the next day brings."

The Giants were optimistic that Umenyiora, who underwent arthroscopic knee surgery on Aug. 19, could return to practice this week. But with just one day of practice remaining before the Giants take on the Eagles, that appears in doubt.

I swear I heard he was playing, and he was happy to still be a Giant

Lets see.........It really does not matter a whole lot.....this is not the game you want to ease back onto the field

Sunday will be "NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN" ............... if you saw that movie

unfortunately in that one the Hero dies.......in this one we will TRIUMPH

I'm truly fearfull for Vicks life Sunday......He's going to get the "Joe Theismann" treatment

I swear I heard he was playing, and he was happy to still be a Giant

Lets see.........It really does not matter a whole lot.....this is not the game you want to ease back onto the field

Sunday will be "NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN" ............... if you saw that movie

unfortunately in that one the Hero dies.......in this one we will TRIUMPH

I'm truly fearfull for Vicks life Sunday......He's going to get the "Joe Theismann" treatment

Stop watching ESPN Classic.

Look I find Jack entertaining. But false information on key players that get me excited just to disapoint is a bummer. No hard feelings but c'mon man :ranting2:

Jack is one of my favorite posters and I don't doubt he heard some shit on the radio.. it just turned out to be more blabber than fact that's all.

Maybe Coughlin is finally learning to play the game

Players laying down

Not showing his cards until the game is played etc........would not be surprised to see the fake punt this game....I hope Scott is activated.

I had the scrape surgery......he should be fine by now......it take 6 weeks for a pretty full recovery

Maybe we'll see him for a few plays Sunday........its not a structural issue....he cannot make it worse

I think some apologies are in order

In Today's NY POST

Umenyiora and the most famous knee in East Rutherford did not practice yesterday, but that didn't stop him from breaking his silence to give Vick and the Eagles some things to think about, very possibly by design, when he said:

UPDATES FROM OUR GIANTS BLOG

"I feel like I'm very close."

ALMOST READY! Osi Umenyiora's offseason may not have gone as planned with salary disputes and knee surgery, but the defensive end says he feels he's close to joining his Big Blue teammates.

Anthony J. Causi

ALMOST READY! Osi Umenyiora's offseason may not have gone as planned with salary disputes and knee surgery, but the defensive end says he feels he's close to joining his Big Blue teammates.

To play Sunday?

"That's something I guess Coach [Tom] Coughlin's gonna disclose, those type of things when I can't really talk about that, but I know it's not out of the question."

Then there was this: Vick returned to practice yesterday, and Umenyiora warned the Eagles it wouldn't be prudent to suit him up against Big Blue's predators, Umenyiora or no Umenyiora.

"I know Andy Reid's a smart man, you understand what I mean?" Umenyiora told The Post. "I think he's gonna play, but given the way we've attacked him, and hit Vick the last couple of times we've played 'em, it probably won't be a smart thing for them to leave him in, because we're gonna attack him again."

Whenever he gets medical clearance to play, might he win over Giant fans who have been on his case for seeking a new deal wth two years left on his contract by playing well?

"Nah. I don't think so, man," Umenyiora said. "There's nothing you can do as far as trying to convince people to be on your side, especially in this economy, man. Nobody's trying to hear about a dude who's making $3 millon complaining about anything. I can go out there and have 10 sacks."

Umenyiora dismisses the worst fears of Giant fans about this game.

"We know how to play their team, and if we know how to finish this year, I think it'll be much better," he said.

I reminded Umenyiora that the Giants were a veritable M.A.S.H. unit and asked him how the Giants could match up with the Eagles.

"Heart, man," Umenyiora said. "All those accolades, anything can happen, man. We went out there with a Dream Team ourselves a couple of years ago and just got hit in the mouth."

You mean '08?

"No, it was '06. It was me, Strahan, LaVar Arrington and all these guys. We were supposed to be a Dream Team then," he said. "We got punched in the mouth, so . . . they're a good football team, you can't take anything away from them, but Atlanta hit 'em in the mouth, and I fully expect us to do the same thing."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/osi_very_close_to_giant_return_qWzkw1Z4RHz5BfIJl8VsBM#ixzz1YnYFz8sS

Umenyiora has yet to practice with the team since the surgery. Sources say the defensive end is not expected to play on Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles.

The defensive end didn't rule out a return this Sunday but also said he'll "hopefully" be back when asked about next week's game against the Cardinals.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7005621/new-york-giants-osi-umenyiora-talks-failed-deal-playing-teammates

I think some apologies are in order

In Today's NY POST

Umenyiora and the most famous knee in East Rutherford did not practice yesterday, but that didn't stop him from breaking his silence to give Vick and the Eagles some things to think about, very possibly by design, when he said:

UPDATES FROM OUR GIANTS BLOG

"I feel like I'm very close."

Anthony J. Causi

To play Sunday?

"That's something I guess Coach [Tom] Coughlin's gonna disclose, those type of things when I can't really talk about that, but I know it's not out of the question."

Then there was this: Vick returned to practice yesterday, and Umenyiora warned the Eagles it wouldn't be prudent to suit him up against Big Blue's predators, Umenyiora or no Umenyiora.

"I know Andy Reid's a smart man, you understand what I mean?" Umenyiora told The Post. "I think he's gonna play, but given the way we've attacked him, and hit Vick the last couple of times we've played 'em, it probably won't be a smart thing for them to leave him in, because we're gonna attack him again."

Whenever he gets medical clearance to play, might he win over Giant fans who have been on his case for seeking a new deal wth two years left on his contract by playing well?

"Nah. I don't think so, man," Umenyiora said. "There's nothing you can do as far as trying to convince people to be on your side, especially in this economy, man. Nobody's trying to hear about a dude who's making $3 millon complaining about anything. I can go out there and have 10 sacks."

Umenyiora dismisses the worst fears of Giant fans about this game.

"We know how to play their team, and if we know how to finish this year, I think it'll be much better," he said.

I reminded Umenyiora that the Giants were a veritable M.A.S.H. unit and asked him how the Giants could match up with the Eagles.

"Heart, man," Umenyiora said. "All those accolades, anything can happen, man. We went out there with a Dream Team ourselves a couple of years ago and just got hit in the mouth."

You mean '08?

"No, it was '06. It was me, Strahan, LaVar Arrington and all these guys. We were supposed to be a Dream Team then," he said. "We got punched in the mouth, so . . . they're a good football team, you can't take anything away from them, but Atlanta hit 'em in the mouth, and I fully expect us to do the same thing."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/osi_very_close_to_giant_return_qWzkw1Z4RHz5BfIJl8VsBM#ixzz1YnYFz8sS

:unsure:

Apologies are in order?? Why, did someone call you a bad name or something? Cause I dont see anything in there saying Osi will play.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Osi played.

I don't want him to play. He's not ready.. didn't practice either.. an additional week or 2 or even 3 just to be cautious... We need our players fresh in December when we usually collapse.