SportsWrath

Hixon done for season

BIGBLUE01

Damn :(

I don't know.......it was a freak accident and if he was 100% I doubt it would have re-torn.....I fear he's done.

a shame....he was fearless on KO returns....I hope they fix him better this time

On the other hand, he's collecting a paycheck, and is going to have a great seat for another GIants Super Bowl run

If Monday showed me anything it was that our receiver corp is very deep with young talent, and old (Stokley).....if we do not win the Super Bowl it will not be because Eli has to start throwing to Weatherford

We will find a way

I don't know.......it was a freak accident and if he was 100% I doubt it would have re-torn.....I fear he's done.

a shame....he was fearless on KO returns

On the other hand he's collecting a paycheck, and is going to have a great seat for another GIants Super Bowl run

If Monday showed me anything it was that our receiver corp is very deep with young talent, and old (Stokley).....if we do not win the Super Bowl it will not be because Eli has to start throwing to Weatherford

We will find a way

My fear is he rushed back from injury.. and Torn ACL's are no joke.. I'm 17 months removed from a torn Achellis.. and I play in a soccer league.. it's in the back of my mind because recovery from the second time will be twice as atrocious. Makes you wonder if Steve Smith can get his head right before it's too late.

From the Daily News:

Rookie receiver Jerrel Jernigan, who had some fumble issues on punt returns during the summer, may get his old job back, too.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2011/09/21/2011-09-21_domenik_hixon_tears_acl_in_right_knee_ny_giants_wide_receiver_will_miss_rest_of_.html#ixzz1YbZEDOQf

God :(

My fear is he rushed back from injury.. and Torn ACL's are no joke.. I'm 17 months removed from a torn Achellis.. and I play in a soccer league.. it's in the back of my mind because recovery from the second time will be twice as atrocious. Makes you wonder if Steve Smith can get his head right before it's too late.

From the Daily News:

God :(

Well look at it this way...........if drops even one we' won't see him back there again

Devin Thomas and Arron Ross would be better ideas

Well look at it this way...........if drops even one we' won't see him back there again

Devin Thomas and Arron Ross would be better ideas

We're too thin at CB to let Ross return punts.

Maybe Jerrigan can get the butterflies out of his stomach.. that's really why he was drafted. Him, Prince, and either Cruz or Thomas stepping up... Three big ifs i know.. and we're good.

Time for someone else to step up.

Time to have a league-wide conversation about mandatory equipment....might need for everyone to wear some sort of protective knee brace.

I don't think he was actually hit... just twisted funny. Apparently the same thing happened in camp last year.

I'm still of the mind that the problem is the "supplements" that the players take. When your muscles grow faster than you connective tissues, you're bound to have the types of injuries that plague the league these days.

I don't think he was actually hit... just twisted funny. Apparently the same thing happened in camp last year.

I'm still of the mind that the problem is the "supplements" that the players take. When your muscles grow faster than you connective tissues, you're bound to have the types of injuries that plague the league these days.

I honestly think there's been a huge increase in knee injuries coinciding with the decline of natural grass stadiums....

This sucks. I like Hixon and this very might well mark the end for him. I think for his tenure on the Giants he was underappreciated at times. When Plaxico got hurt he really stepped up and played admirably. Yes there was a dropoff, but Hixon did become a reliable receiver for Eli. From a punt returner standpoint, this really hurts, hurts bad. From a receiver standpoint, we'll be ok. We still have 3 receivers I feel relatively comfortable with after Manningham and Nicks. That being Stokley, Cruz, Thomas. I hope that Jernigan can fill his spot on specials or perhaps even Da'Rel Scott. Also, we should get Barden back after week 6 and I hope he establishes himself as a guy that can play the outside. One problem we may have is that Cruz, Stokley, and Jernigan are really just slot guys, and Thomas I think, is the only one left that can play receiver on the outside. Perhaps I'm not giving Cruz enough credit. Barden has a role on this team should he get back and can play well.