SportsWrath

Cowboys release CB McCann

BIGBLUE01

I can see why egg would be upset. The Dog also though I dont know the team he roots for. They try to discredit Elis contributions to the 07 run. Do you remember the game tying drive to end the half in Dallas egg? I sure do. How about the sub zero game in Green Bay where he bested Favre. I know it has to be incredibly frustrating for dallas and philly fans to see a clumsy, perhaps slightly above average quarterback put it all together for one month and help his team achieve greatness. Believe me, if I was a Cowboy fan I would be pissed too everytime my golden boy screwed the pooch.

I can see why egg would be upset. The Dog also though I dont know the team he roots for. They try to discredit Elis contributions to the 07 run. Do you remember the game tying drive to end the half in Dallas egg? I sure do. How about the sub zero game in Green Bay where he bested Favre. I know it has to be incredibly frustrating for dallas and philly fans to see a clumsy, perhaps slightly above average quarterback put it all together for one month and help his team achieve greatness. Believe me, if I was a Cowboy fan I would be pissed too everytime my golden boy screwed the pooch.

Doesn't matter. He just ignores those facts.

I dont see what the whole fuss over Eli is about anyway. I dont have any illusions about his ability and just about everyone on this board has a pretty measured, rational view of him. "He's not elite". No fucking shit theres maybe a handful of guys in the league you can say that about right now.

You know they were saying on ESPN how the win against SF was the biggest of romos career.

How does it feel to have the 2nd game of the season which brings your team to 1-1 be the defining moment of your QBs career?

it's not the win or the fact that it was the second game of the season. the dog doesn't think having this be the defining moment of his career is anything to laugh about. romo is a talented QB. is he going to win the big one? that remains to be seen. he is certainly not the best QB in the league, but if he goes on to win 3 super bowls in his career, his defining moment will still be the time he played through cracked ribs and a collapsed lung and brought the team back in a game they had to have, regardless of the time in the season. what he did through that effort is erase any question about his heart, ability or desire to win. of the 32 QBs in the league, the dog isn't sure if there is more than 3 that would have played through that.

it's not the win or the fact that it was the second game of the season. the dog doesn't think having this be the defining moment of his career is anything to laugh about. romo is a talented QB. is he going to win the big one? that remains to be seen. he is certainly not the best QB in the league, but if he goes on to win 3 super bowls in his career, his defining moment will still be the time he played through cracked ribs and a collapsed lung and brought the team back in a game they had to have, regardless of the time in the season. what he did through that effort is erase any question about his heart, ability or desire to win. of the 32 QBs in the league, the dog isn't sure if there is more than 3 that would have played through that.

True, and one of their names is ELI MANNING. Elis been beaten up worse than that, including the 1st meeting vs GB our SB yr, and he never missed a play.

And if you think after 3 SBs that would still be his defining moment, your delusional. It would be a memorable moment, but not his most defining, especially since so many times before that, and many after Im sure, he fucked up. My point to that whole post was you have to pick a meaningles reg season game against a terrible opponent as one of his great games because he doesnt have anything else. :rolleyes:

How does it feel 7 or 8 years down the road, to see your so-called "franchise" QB, BOOED at home, on Monday night, against a depleted team, that has no playoff aspirations even when healthy, because he couldn't complete a pass? :freaked:

Is this how a franchise QB should look this far in his career?

Were you booing BigBlue? If you are as much as the football fan you claim to be, you should have.

Unfortunately for Romo he did not have Spags or that defense to carry him to a Superbowl.

Quite honestly, when all is said and done 7 or 8 years from now, I think people will look back at 2 superbowl winning QBs and marvel at the bargain the Cowboys got in Romo, and ask themselves how the Giants could give up so much for such an average player. Especially, when they had Rivers, who will also win one before he is done.

Oh no, ..........no, no, no, no lil eggy............sorry lil boy. You DO NOT get to boast that type of accomplishment. Right now, ELI MANNING is the only one anybody will be lookin back on as a SB winning QB. Dont try to conveniently give romo that same title. And dont assume he'll win one. Till now, he's shown nothing that would lead us to believe he will.

McCann won that game against the Giants last year. The pass was to Nicks for a TD. McCann intercepted it and took it back 101 yards for a TD... 14 point swing and it was the difference in the game. He is probably worth taking a look-see, because our nickel corner is actually our safety, and Michael Coe isn't scaring anyone. He is probably at least as good as Coe. As far as a roster spot, goes, though, what do you do about that? You have to waive somebody or put someone on IR... The only candidates to be waived I would think would be Brian Williams or Derrick Martin. The roster is not very flexible right now.

I love it. Eli "bested" Favre. As if they were the only 2 guys on the field.

If memory serves me correctly, it was the Giants defense (a common theme in 07) generating a turnover in OT that won that game. Or, if I'm being cyncial, it was Favre making another poor decision and serving one up on a platter, like he did against in NO as a Viking. :o

Seriously, I don't even think Manning through a TD that game. :confused: It's not like it was the second coming of Elway's "the drive."

But keep working on the "clumsy" and "slightly above average" theme. You may be onto something...

I love it. Eli "bested" Favre. As if they were the only 2 guys on the field.

If memory serves me correctly, it was the Giants defense (a common theme in 07) generating a turnover in OT that won that game. Or, if I'm being cyncial, it was Favre making another poor decision and serving one up on a platter, like he did against in NO as a Viking. :o

Seriously, I don't even think Manning through a TD that game. :confused: It's not like it was the second coming of Elway's "the drive."

But keep working on the "clumsy" and "slightly above average" theme. You may be onto something...

You must have been taking dumb pills since you left. romo wasnt the only one on the field vs the 49ers either. Eli was brilliant thru his playoff run. romo brilliantly screwed most of his opportunities up.

You must have been taking dumb pills since you left. romo wasnt the only one on the field vs the 49ers either. Eli was brilliant thru his playoff run. romo brilliantly screwed most of his opportunities up.

DId you see me argue that Romo "bested" Smith? And the sentence "Romo brilliantly screwed most of his opportunities up" is an exaggeration just like the sentence "Eli is a top 10 QB."

I would say that Romo is, at times, his own worst enemy while Eli is a servicable QB.

On another note, I have missed you bigblue.

DId you see me argue that Romo "bested" Smith? And the sentence "Romo brilliantly screwed most of his opportunities up" is an exaggeration just like the sentence "Eli is a top 10 QB."

I would say that Romo is, at times, his own worst enemy while Eli is a servicable QB.

On another note, I have missed you bigblue.

Thank you for agreeing. :rolleyes:

And keep your faggot tendencies to yourself, I dont roll that way.

True, and one of their names is ELI MANNING. Elis been beaten up worse than that, including the 1st meeting vs GB our SB yr, and he never missed a play.

And if you think after 3 SBs that would still be his defining moment, your delusional. It would be a memorable moment, but not his most defining, especially since so many times before that, and many after Im sure, he fucked up. My point to that whole post was you have to pick a meaningles reg season game against a terrible opponent as one of his great games because he doesnt have anything else. :rolleyes:

honestly, everyone knows about your irrational homerism, but if you think comparing playing with a sprained shoulder 5 days after it happened (in a game where the packers beat them by 20) is equal to playing several minutes after cracking ribs and suffering a collapsed lung are the same thing, then you are the already proven delusional one. and even a blind monkey known for being a homer can recognize an amazing effort and performance from a player on another team. trust the dog, just admitting that another player, even one from a rival, is talented and did something that impressive doesn't drop your superfan status...it might even give some the impression that you have some shred of football understanding.

this effort will define his career. winning a super bowl is the ultimate goal of all players, but an effort like that defines your character as a player. you can never question his heart...and by the way, why all the praise for little eli all of sudden. you already stated how you don't want him to be the giants QB next year...why such strong allegiance now? ah yes, it is that whole fair weather fan thing the dog has mentioned before...carry on.

I think the zone coverage is intentional and actually a good idea......we need to learn how to play zone.....the second half of the Rams game we were finally getting the hang of it

there will be times in our Super Bowl run when the situation calls for protecting a lead and going into a zone

especially against teams that can burn you like Philadelphia

We have given up a lot of yardage between the 20s but not in the red zone

No one is getting behind our safteys this year and taking it to the house

When we get a little healthier in the secondary we will tighten the screws and play man up.....its will be nice to be good at both forms of

Defense, and mix it up.....I think that's what is going on

also teams that have really perfected the zone D get more interceptions and lay the wood more

honestly, everyone knows about your irrational homerism, but if you think comparing playing with a sprained shoulder 5 days after it happened (in a game where the packers beat them by 20) is equal to playing several minutes after cracking ribs and suffering a collapsed lung are the same thing, then you are the already proven delusional one. and even a blind monkey known for being a homer can recognize an amazing effort and performance from a player on another team. trust the dog, just admitting that another player, even one from a rival, is talented and did something that impressive doesn't drop your superfan status...it might even give some the impression that you have some shred of football understanding.

this effort will define his career. winning a super bowl is the ultimate goal of all players, but an effort like that defines your character as a player. you can never question his heart...and by the way, why all the praise for little eli all of sudden. you already stated how you don't want him to be the giants QB next year...why such strong allegiance now? ah yes, it is that whole fair weather fan thing the dog has mentioned before...carry on.

Yeah, I want Eli to shape up or ship out......and Id still take him over romo. Again, being defined by a reg season game in week 2 against a terrible oppnent is a joke, compared to being remebered for a SB win. Good try idiot. Since you recognize his accomplishment, you must be the blind monkey.

Yeah, I want Eli to shape up or ship out......and Id still take him over romo. Again, being defined by a reg season game in week 2 against a terrible oppnent is a joke, compared to being remebered for a SB win. Good try idiot. Since you recognize his accomplishment, you must be the blind monkey.

oh dear...you just don't get it. let the dog explain yet again. of course he would be remembered for super bowl wins little man, everyone knows that....but one's career can be defined by a performace outside of that, particularly when you are looking at doing something as he did this past weekend. think john elway and "the drive" as one example...joe montana had countless amazing super bowl moments and everyone would talk and remember those, yet his defining moment in his career is often focused on his last minute pass to clark to send the 49ers to the super bowl...does that register with you, or does the dog need to modify this down more?

What do you think the Cowboys fans would have done if Romo threw that pass to Revis in Cowboys Stadium, after just fumbling the ball.

Do you Romo supporters think that they'd roll onto the field to give him a hug?.

Sure they would. <_<

He showed a lot of guts doing what he did in San Francisco, but don't kid yourself Romo lovers, he's defined also by what he did against the Jets.

If their careers ended today, history would say Eli was the better QB than Romo. He's had more success, period.

And if you think this is homerism, Rivers and Ben have been better qb's than Eli. But they've also been better than Romo.

You know, instead of coming to the fight bashing Eli and throwing Romo is our faces, wouldn't it be wiser to say perhaps, we have the best TE in Witten, or Ware is better than Tuck. But to mock Eli and then talk about Romo like he's better. Come on!

oh dear...you just don't get it. let the dog explain yet again. of course he would be remembered for super bowl wins little man, everyone knows that....but one's career can be defined by a performace outside of that, particularly when you are looking at doing something as he did this past weekend. think john elway and "the drive" as one example...joe montana had countless amazing super bowl moments and everyone would talk and remember those, yet his defining moment in his career is often focused on his last minute pass to clark to send the 49ers to the super bowl...does that register with you, or does the dog need to modify this down more?

The Clark pass set the 49ers in motion for greatness, but his final drive against the Bengals in the superbowl is the defining moment for Joe Montana.

Just sayin', only a Cowboys fan would wax poetic on Romo's performance a week after literally throwing the game away against the Jets. Only a Cowboys fan would say Romo's defining moment of his career would be winning a game by taking a few snaps with a punctured lung, regardless of the fact that he would win 3 Super Bowls. No. If you win a Super Bowl, the defining moment in your career will always be the big play you made to win that game. For Eli, it was the Great Escape. For Roethlisberger, it was the throw to Santonio. Yes, he gets respect for toughing an injury out... but it's not something so many others have done before.

So now we know, mystery solved... the homerism finally shone through. The Dog is a Cowboy fan. Explains a lot, actually.

Just sayin', only a Cowboys fan would wax poetic on Romo's performance a week after literally throwing the game away against the Jets. Only a Cowboys fan would say Romo's defining moment of his career would be winning a game by taking a few snaps with a punctured lung, regardless of the fact that he would win 3 Super Bowls. No. If you win a Super Bowl, the defining moment in your career will always be the big play you made to win that game. For Eli, it was the Great Escape. For Roethlisberger, it was the throw to Santonio. Yes, he gets respect for toughing an injury out... but it's not something so many others have done before.

So now we know, mystery solved... the homerism finally shone through. The Dog is a Cowboy fan. Explains a lot, actually.

ha ha ha...keep trying "allstar" jim...the dog is simply impressed that someone can play and play effectively as a QB with that type of injury, and was merely responding to someone laughing at that as being a defining moment...the dog would assume you are not above recognizing that. as for the cowboys, the dog routes for them twice a year. when they play the giants. outside of that, the dog could care less if they don't win another game. their time has long since past, and most likely will be years before they are on top again. but that doesn't stop the dog from recognizing talent on their team. just as the dog has recognized talent on the giants team. just not little eli or jacobs. but others. now run along and break down some film for everyone...we are all waiting to hear what the right guard did on the second play of the third drive in the fourth quarter their ace.