SportsWrath

Hakeem Nicks robbed

BIGBLUE01

....of a catch and yards. That awesome one handed catch he made that was ruled incomplete, was in fact COMPLETE. But there was no challenge because there was pass interference so we got the 1st down anyway. But I just had to give my man Nicks his propers. :flex:

....of a catch and yards. That awesome one handed catch he made that was ruled incomplete, was in fact COMPLETE. But there was no challenge because there was pass interference so we got the 1st down anyway. But I just had to give my man Nicks his propers. :flex:

Didn't they decline the penalty?

Replay showed he had control as soon as he got his hand on the ball and had one foot on the ground when the catch was made. 2nd foot came down in bounds. It was a catch, but it's irrelevant cause we got the 1st down and the win.

That was some awful officiating.

What was up with Aaron Ross' one play near the end zone where he separated the receiver from the ball... not only did they NOT call it a fumble, but they originally called it a COMPLETED pass before Coughlin's challenge. :huh:

JPP, Tuck, and Canty getting mugged on almost every pass play... but no flag.

I also saw some definite interference on Nicks that wasn't called.

What was up with Aaron Ross' one play near the end zone where he separated the receiver from the ball... not only did they NOT call it a fumble, but they originally called it a COMPLETED pass before Coughlin's challenge. :huh:

JPP especially. It was horrible. Plus I dont see how that one official couldnt see that Nicks was in bounds with both feet and control on that one catch. From where he was he had the perfect angle. Not that it mattered, cause there was a flag, but a blind man coulda saw that was good.

JPP especially. It was horrible. Plus I dont see how that one official couldnt see that Nicks was in bounds with both feet and control on that one catch. From where he was he had the perfect angle. Not that it mattered, cause there was a flag, but a blind man coulda saw that was good.

Yah, they couldn't see that play was clearly complete yet they actually called the pass play early in the game where Ross clearly knocked the ball out a completed pass. Everyone in the world knew that pass was incomplete.

I know they claim that officials are evaluated after every game, and I'm not one to get too down on officials but yesterday was horrendous. I lost count how many times our Dline was molested on the way to the QB. It was pathetic.

No kidding, one of them had money on the Rams. The worst was the DeOssie call. Wasn't there no flag or explanation on what the violation was? I think there was another STs flag also with the same bull shit. Even worse when they don't even attempt to show a replay to see what the violation was. Almost seems like something odd was going on and ESPN didn't want to embarrass the NFL.

No kidding, one of them had money on the Rams. The worst was the DeOssie call. Wasn't there no flag or explanation on what the violation was? I think there was another STs flag also with the same bull shit. Even worse when they don't even attempt to show a replay to see what the violation was. Almost seems like something odd was going on and ESPN didn't want to embarrass the NFL.

DeOssie's was an Unsportsmanlike for running out of bounds down the sideline without attempting to get back in, which is pathetic given Washington took the same penalty last week.

Yah, they couldn't see that play was clearly complete yet they actually called the pass play early in the game where Ross clearly knocked the ball out a completed pass. Everyone in the world knew that pass was incomplete.

Yes that call really had me crazy. If you call that a completed pass, as they did, then you HAVE to call it a fumble, too, because the ball came out, and NYG recovered and was running the other way with it. So apparently they called it a completion AND down by contact, which was the stupidest, and most head scratchiest call out of the three options.

I believe what BB01 is saying is that Nicks' fantasy owners got robbed.

Not anymore!!!

Nicks awarded catch

If you happen to own Hakeem Nicks in fantasy, congratulations.

You’re probably going to be awarded more points.

With 6:37 left in the first quarter on Monday, Nicks made a tremendous one-handed 23-yard catch on fourth down, which eventually led to his three-yard back-shoulder touchdown.

During the play, Nicks was impeded by St. Louis corner Bradley Fletcher, so referee Terry McAulay called pass interference. McAulay rightly signaled on the field that the Giants declined the penalty and accepted the catch yardage, but the official game summary had them accepting it.

Anyway, the correction means Nicks had four catches for 38 yards during the game and now has 2,002 career receiving yards.

Other changes: Eli Manning completed 19 of 30 for 223 yards. The Giants had 323 net yards, not 300 and 204 net passing yards instead of 181.

Oh right, and the Giants converted a fourth down.

Not the biggest deal, but right on! :thumbs: