SportsWrath

Aaron ross

Masterjeffz

Agreed, 100%

I remember when alot of us were scared shitless of Webster going into the 2007 playoffs.

Ross is fine....it's just that an accurate QB is going to hit throws, and if you play a soft zone, and don't get pressure up front, it will come back to hurt you.

Dear Joe,

Sometimes you really are amazing.

Your #1 Fan,

Joe

I would like to consider this week against the Eagles as an improvement for Aaron Ross. If anyone feels differently, feel free as you all usually do to point out what a draft bust Aaron Ross is and how he let you down again this week.

:smartass:

Ross is not a bust like some of you said.

Your all wrong, even before today you were wrong. The guy just isn't bad. He's a above average NFL corner who started for us in the superbowl his rookie year.

Is he as good as Webster or T2? No, those guys are elite players, Ross is above average and I'll take that. Throw in some fresh prince in 2 weeks plus a fresh Osi and all our rising talents and we are looking solid for this season!

Hop up outta bed and turn my swag on!! Look in the mirror say what's up?? Yea I'm gettn money ohhh! Swagnificent!

Yes, but some people here seemed to think he actually played well the last game.

I defended his play against the Rams. A 6'5" receiver caught a deep ball on him at a high point. He did not give up a TD (Coe did). Ross kept plays in front of him, and stepped up on some big 3rd downs and put on some licks to jar a ball loose or knocked away a pass. He gave up some passes, but didn't get burned for a TD, and made some plays in his own right. He's going to get a high volume of passes thrown his way because Webster is on the other side and Spiderman gets more respect from opposing QB's than he does from the media or fans.

Yesterday's game vindicated Ross. He is a good corner, not great. We need him this year and I just hope he can stay healthy. He's had a bumpy career with us because of those damn hamstrings and because T2 came in and took his job because he was just better. But I'll take Ross and Webster over the Will Allen/Peterson days every time.