SportsWrath

Aaron ross

Masterjeffz

I don't know why Ross is returning punts.. yes he had a bad game against the Rams but sadly.. he's the best we got at that spot. Let this Jerrigan dude return punts.. that's why he was drafted... even if he looks like Sinorice Moss.. at least give the guy a few shots.

No you can't let Jernigan return punts because he drops the ball too often. He had his chances in preseason and repeatedly muffed the catch. We will lose because of him if he's the returner.

The logical choice is Devin Thomas because he already returns kicks, has done a good job, and doesn't play a critical role on offense. After that you could try Da'Rel Scott. Then and only then you might take a look at Jernigan again, but that's pretty much a worst case scenario.

No you can't let Jernigan return punts because he drops the ball too often. He had his chances in preseason and repeatedly muffed the catch. We will lose because of him if he's the returner.

The logical choice is Devin Thomas because he already returns kicks, has done a good job, and doesn't play a critical role on offense. After that you could try Da'Rel Scott. Then and only then you might take a look at Jernigan again, but that's pretty much a worst case scenario.

Agreed. Imma go back to my room now and not post for the rest of the day :P

Oh and Ross did not have as bad of a game as everyone is saying. Whoever is opposite of Webster is going to get thrown at a lot more. No matter what the coverage, some catches are going to be made. Ross was in position on some plays and got beat by a 6'5" receiver. He also made several good plays and forced incompletions. Getting tired of reading all the Ross hate. He's a good player, and we could do a lot worse. Losing T2 hurt us. We are going to suffer a little drop-off. But we could also do a lot worse. Some people think that a cornerback isn't good unless they are shut down like Revis or Asomugha. It's just not realistic. Ross is going to make some big plays for us this year, unless he gets hurt returning punts.

Oh and Ross did not have as bad of a game as everyone is saying. Whoever is opposite of Webster is going to get thrown at a lot more. No matter what the coverage, some catches are going to be made. Ross was in position on some plays and got beat by a 6'5" receiver. He also made several good plays and forced incompletions. Getting tired of reading all the Ross hate. He's a good player, and we could do a lot worse. Losing T2 hurt us. We are going to suffer a little drop-off. But we could also do a lot worse. Some people think that a cornerback isn't good unless they are shut down like Revis or Asomugha. It's just not realistic. Ross is going to make some big plays for us this year, unless he gets hurt returning punts.

You're right.

You're right.

It wasn't just you. I just didn't get it that Ross was so terrible. A lot of it was carry over from the first game, I think. If there's one thing I would like people here to look at is where the DB's are situated on the field pre-snap and are they playing man or zone, press coverage or giving cushion. This will tell you what you need to know about the players and the scheme. Fewell is to blame a lot more often than a specific player for what happens on the field. It's just easier to point out the guy that had that coverage responsibility and blame him, though. We all just need to take a deep breath and recognize that playing cornerback in the NFL is tough for anyone, and even the best get burned from time to time. Shit, Revis has been burned for TD's. It doesn't mean he's not a great corner.

They should've tried him out doing that in the preseason, Tree. I don't know why they didn't get him some reps there. I think they were just focused on getting Jernigan to do the job.

Exactly. They were convinced they had the returner spot locked down with Jernigan.

Ross spends more time on his backside than my ex girlfriend did. He can't cover well and looks almost lost at times. He's never proven his worth as I first round pick !!!!! First round pick players are players that need to at least contribute. I hope the prince comes back and is at least average because without any corner play. The D LINE needs at least 30 sacks or massive pressure to compensate.

Ross spends more time on his backside than my ex girlfriend did. He can't cover well and looks almost lost at times. He's never proven his worth as I first round pick !!!!! First round pick players are players that need to at least contribute. I hope the prince comes back and is at least average because without any corner play. The D LINE needs at least 30 sacks or massive pressure to compensate.

Speaking of Prince.. when is he scheduled to come back?

It wasn't just you. I just didn't get it that Ross was so terrible. A lot of it was carry over from the first game, I think. If there's one thing I would like people here to look at is where the DB's are situated on the field pre-snap and are they playing man or zone, press coverage or giving cushion. This will tell you what you need to know about the players and the scheme. Fewell is to blame a lot more often than a specific player for what happens on the field. It's just easier to point out the guy that had that coverage responsibility and blame him, though. We all just need to take a deep breath and recognize that playing cornerback in the NFL is tough for anyone, and even the best get burned from time to time. Shit, Revis has been burned for TD's. It doesn't mean he's not a great corner.

Point taken....but methinks they're playing that zone/cushion scheme because, in Fewell's judgement, they would get toasted even worse if they tried to match up and play a tight man. And that vulnerability becomes even more pronounced when they have to defend 3 and 4 receiver packages. Last year, Ross was the nickel and other guys that got hurt played in the dime packages. When a safety has to play the nickel, you know we're feeling the lack of depth.