SportsWrath

Aaron ross

Masterjeffz

That's ridiculous dude. You keep the better player in, regardless if he's "struggling".

Coe is twice as bad as Ross.

Definately, Ross atleast displays the confidence to do the job, Coe looked lost. Plus people forget what Ross had done for us a few years ago. Maybe he can get it back with a good game in Philly.

Definately, Ross atleast displays the confidence to do the job, Coe looked lost. Plus people forget what Ross had done for us a few years ago. Maybe he can get it back with a good game in Philly.

Yea I forgot how many times he was out injured.. and how TT basically took his starting job... we're talking a wasted first rounder here.

You can't just input rookies because your starters are struggling. That's counter-productive.

Ross was getting raped out there.. at least the rookie is gaining real time experience.. Ross may not even be on this team next year.. at least I hope he isn't.

Ross was getting raped out there.. at least the rookie is gaining real time experience.. Ross may not even be on this team next year.. at least I hope he isn't.

Ross didn't give up a touchdown the 2nd play he was on the field.

In fact, he didn't give up any touchdowns and made a brilliant 3rd down stop.

And why wouldn't they, with Webster and Phillips on the other side. They saw Phillips knock the shit out of Armstrong last week too. I don't think Thomas or anyone else would look good playing that soft zone either. It's a credit to Webster that he was picked apart also.

I concur that I don't think it fits our personnel. Hell Webster almost had his career ended because he wasn't being used to his strengths. I don't think Ross is necessarily bad, just Fewell's schemes are the problem sometimes.

What is the process for validating? I've invited like, TEN of my RL friends here and none of them have shown up... maybe they're waiting?

I have had this problem too. I think the mods think every new user is a troll. :busted_cop:

Cornerback is a brutal, thankless position. I'm fine with Ross, I'd just like to drop the pretense that the guy can play zone coverage. He' has no feel for it, so just man him up and be done with it. He's good enough to win with.

Some of those plays where Ross got burned last night... well, there's no defending a perfect pass. Just keep that in mind. Things clearly didn't get better when the next guy up came in the game.

Agreed, 100%

I remember when alot of us were scared shitless of Webster going into the 2007 playoffs.

Ross is fine....it's just that an accurate QB is going to hit throws, and if you play a soft zone, and don't get pressure up front, it will come back to hurt you.

Over Ross.. yes. Ross is a first rounder.. by all accounts a fucking bust.

Yea he's a bust that was are starting CB in the superbowl.

He's not a great CB at all. But Michael Coe makes Ross look like T2. Coe is garbage, and Ross is Clean garbage.

Ross > Coe and it's not even close.

What is the process for validating? I've invited like, TEN of my RL friends here and none of them have shown up... maybe they're waiting?

I don't know what RL is.

As far as the process.......we check the IP, we make our best guess as to whether it's a spambot or troll, we approve or disapprove. Sometimes it doesn't get checked as often as it should, which is why I made a forum for validating members to knock us on our heads and remind us. If a new registration waits too long, it's automatically deleted, so it's possible we would never even know if someone was waiting 'forever'. Tell your friends to re-register, and if you let me know what names to look out for, I'll take care of it myself.

I don't know what RL is.

As far as the process.......we check the IP, we make our best guess as to whether it's a spambot or troll, we approve or disapprove. Sometimes it doesn't get checked as often as it should, which is why I made a forum for validating members to knock us on our heads and remind us. If a new registration waits too long, it's automatically deleted, so it's possible we would never even know if someone was waiting 'forever'. Tell your friends to re-register, and if you let me know what names to look out for, I'll take care of it myself.

RL = Real Life

smh lolz :D

This defenae needs to have a consistent pass rush to have success bottom line. I think the complaints about Fewell's zone schemes are valid too. I have visions of Tim Lewis dancing in my head.

This

You can't give QB's in the NFL the kind of time we've been giving.

Unless you have an absolutely stellar secondary, pass defense is a holistic system...and it all starts with the pass rush.

-Z

This defenae needs to have a consistent pass rush to have success bottom line. I think the complaints about Fewell's zone schemes are valid too. I have visions of Tim Lewis dancing in my head.

Goddammit, not saying I don't agree, but you had to go and mention Tim Lewis? What the fuck!

That brings me back, because once upon a time I defended Tim Lewis... he had some success in Pittsburgh, so it wasn't too hard to make him seem like a credible DC. Just throw some run defense rankings around, sack totals too, and there you go... half of a damn good coordinator. Seemed pretty good to me at the time. Damn kids, they say the dumbest shit.

If I - and more importantly, the Giants -had actually watched him carefully when he was in Pittsburgh, instead of just looking at a stat page somewhere and hoping for the best, I would have seen a DC who blended zone blitz concepts with a soft cover-2 coverage scheme. Now how the fuck was that supposed to work?

Unfortunately, in week 1 Fewell had more or less the same game plan that we usually saw from TL... except sans blitzing... and considering the Giants defense is built to RUSH THE QB, how the fuck was THAT supposed to work? Week 2 was better, much more blitzing, but Fewell needs to get those corners on the receivers quicker so they're in the action at the moment the QB is trying to get the ball out.

Playing far off the receiver sure doesn't work for Ross. He doesn't have the instincts to watch the play unfold and play the ball. He's quick though. Just get him on a man and shadow that body. Its not ideal, but its effective enough when you've got a pass rush that can get home consistently with on five rushers.

Goddammit, not saying I don't agree, but you had to go and mention Tim Lewis? What the fuck!

That brings me back, because once upon a time I defended Tim Lewis... he had some success in Pittsburgh, so it wasn't too hard to make him seem like a credible DC. Just throw some run defense rankings around, sack totals too, and there you go... half of a damn good coordinator. Seemed pretty good to me at the time. Damn kids, they say the dumbest shit.

If I - and more importantly, the Giants -had actually watched him carefully when he was in Pittsburgh, instead of just looking at a stat page somewhere and hoping for the best, I would have seen a DC who blended zone blitz concepts with a soft cover-2 coverage scheme. Now how the fuck was that supposed to work?

Unfortunately, in week 1 Fewell had more or less the same game plan that we usually saw from TL... except sans blitzing... and considering the Giants defense is built to RUSH THE QB, how the fuck was THAT supposed to work? Week 2 was better, much more blitzing, but Fewell needs to get those corners on the receivers quicker so they're in the action at the moment the QB is trying to get the ball out.

Playing far off the receiver sure doesn't work for Ross. He doesn't have the instincts to watch the play unfold and play the ball. He's quick though. Just get him on a man and shadow that body. Its not ideal, but its effective enough when you've got a pass rush that can get home consistently with on five rushers.

I do believe you're my new favorite Giants commenter.

My guess is this guy is SoCal or CCase, either one of you guys been to Tampa lately. Just Sayin...:P

Jeff is a friend of mine, has been for years now. I invited him to the board during the Rams game. I should've invited him a long time ago, maybe I did and he didn't come over then, I don't know. But he is a good dude and a legit Giants fan, and he's not SoCal or CCase. He's not a Tampa area guy, either... but is a Florida guy. Why does every new poster fall under scrutiny with poster saying that they are someone other than who they say they are? I think it started when people were changing their names all the time to be funny, and we were all trying to figure it out. I've had the same handle since old GMB days.

On a related note, it looks like Aaron Ross is our new punt returner. Saw a clip of a Tom Coughlin news conference over at ESPN.com. I can't tell you how stupid this move is. Why not just put Hakeem Nicks back there?

Seriously, Ross has already struggled in recent years with leg injuries, and now you're going to expose him to hits? Nas may get his wish with Coe at corner soon. This is how we lost Witherspoon for the season (in the 4th QTR of a preseason game).

I don't know why Ross is returning punts.. yes he had a bad game against the Rams but sadly.. he's the best we got at that spot. Let this Jerrigan dude return punts.. that's why he was drafted... even if he looks like Sinorice Moss.. at least give the guy a few shots.