SportsWrath

Aaron ross

Masterjeffz

I remember when he was drafted . I thought to myself " self" he's from a good school. I'm

Sure he could play at this level. But he's always behind receivers . My friend brian m could cover better. I hate busted first round pics. He needs to drive his car into the Hudson. You get paid to play. So play you nefarious spore

love this guy already

To be fair, this thread is sort of an experiment. Seeing as validating takes forever, I made a forum only globals, validating members, and guests can see/post in to remind us they are waiting. While validating members can see the whole board, they can only post in this recent forum. This guy must have figured he joined and could only reply to his own self. I saw in the gameday thread this was a friend of allstarjim's so I approved the account and moved this out for all to enjoy.

Maybe Ross will come around. He had a few positive plays. Just trying to be hopeful. He had some ability and was our superbowl starting CB. I agree that he looks pathetic at times. But maybe he's shaking off the rust on his ass from being benched for 2 years by the superior all pro T2.

Maybe Ross will come around. He had a few positive plays. Just trying to be hopeful. He had some ability and was our superbowl starting CB. I agree that he looks pathetic at times. But maybe he's shaking off the rust on his ass from being benched for 2 years by the superior all pro T2.

He made a few solid plays. I didn't think he did enough (or didn't do enough) to warrant getting benched for Michael Coe who subsequently came in to play about twice as bad as Ross. Coe looked absolutely lost (especially on the TD pass where all he had to do was look for the ball and he could have easily defended it) while at least Ross improved from last week.

He made a few solid plays. I didn't think he did enough (or didn't do enough) to warrant getting benched for Michael Coe who subsequently came in to play about twice as bad as Ross. Coe looked absolutely lost (especially on the TD pass where all he had to do was look for the ball and he could have easily defended it) while at least Ross improved from last week.

Yea I'm not big on Ross at all but let's see how he does next week at Philly. I think he deserves a chance in this game to step up big for us. I'm gonna predict a big play out of him. Also hopefully Fewell utilizes Webster better by putting him on man coverage.

Also I know alot of people are down on Rolle but he had a solid game. It's not his fault the Giants are playing him at nickel CB which he can't handle. Rolle is a great tackler, great athlete, good blitzer, stays healthy, keeps himself in phenomenal shape and is a great teamate. KP is much better then Rolle right now though.

while at the game tonight.. this older dude scream out "get the hell outta the field and ask your girlfriend to play for you" i couldn't stop rolling, and told him Ross's girl is actually a track & field star... but he knew that already

My guess would be that's why he said it.... :laugh:

Well... Coe needs game time experience.. I'd rather him out there over the bust.

Yea I'm not big on Ross at all but let's see how he does next week at Philly. I think he deserves a chance in this game to step up big for us. I'm gonna predict a big play out of him. Also hopefully Fewell utilizes Webster better by putting him on man coverage.

Also I know alot of people are down on Rolle but he had a solid game. It's not his fault the Giants are playing him at nickel CB which he can't handle. Rolle is a great tackler, great athlete, good blitzer, stays healthy, keeps himself in phenomenal shape and is a great teamate. KP is much better then Rolle right now though.

A great athlete who cost us the game last week with his helmet tackle.

Cornerback is a brutal, thankless position. I'm fine with Ross, I'd just like to drop the pretense that the guy can play zone coverage. He' has no feel for it, so just man him up and be done with it. He's good enough to win with.

Some of those plays where Ross got burned last night... well, there's no defending a perfect pass. Just keep that in mind. Things clearly didn't get better when the next guy up came in the game.

I agree with CD. A lot of the time, when we see Ross "getting burned" it's a direct result of the soft zone coverage with Fewell trying to keep the play in front of the defense. They are almost conceding a short catch and then trying to make the tackle before the first down. It's a shitty defense, but at least they played more man this week than last week. I don't think Ross sucks. I don't think he's a somewhat above average NFL corner.

Injuries and lack of playing have hurt ross's development over the years. I don't understand the lack of safety help last night, they could have at least flashed a safety look to that side to give bradford something to think about. They won't get away with the on sunday.

Injuries and lack of playing have hurt ross's development over the years. I don't understand the lack of safety help last night, they could have at least flashed a safety look to that side to give bradford something to think about. They won't get away with the on sunday.

I think they were... and then we found out why Deon Grant was available so late in the year.

I agree with CD. A lot of the time, when we see Ross "getting burned" it's a direct result of the soft zone coverage with Fewell trying to keep the play in front of the defense. They are almost conceding a short catch and then trying to make the tackle before the first down. It's a shitty defense, but at least they played more man this week than last week. I don't think Ross sucks. I don't think he's a somewhat above average NFL corner.

This. Watching last night, especially early, Ross would get "burned" on the soft zone, where he's 12-15 yards off the line at the snap and backpedalling further away, and had all his good plays on press man coverage.

NO ONE looks good in a Fewell Soft Zone scheme.

This. Watching last night, especially early, Ross would get "burned" on the soft zone, where he's 12-15 yards off the line at the snap and backpedalling further away, and had all his good plays on press man coverage.

Exactly. None of the secondary looked good on those and the O was intentionally picking Ross' side so of course he looked worse.

Exactly. None of the secondary looked good on those and the O was intentionally picking Ross' side so of course he looked worse.

And why wouldn't they, with Webster and Phillips on the other side. They saw Phillips knock the shit out of Armstrong last week too. I don't think Thomas or anyone else would look good playing that soft zone either. It's a credit to Webster that he was picked apart also.

I still say he's a bust and just lacks overall instincts to be a half way decent corner. Injuries have destroyed the defensive back field along with linebacker. The d line needs to get massive pressure to overcome our liabilities on the d back field. And Eli needs to stop turning the ball over. And a TE. Must emerge if it's Ballard or pasco because the other jerky cant stay healthy. We need a new a team physican so we can keep our players healthy.

To be fair, this thread is sort of an experiment. Seeing as validating takes forever, I made a forum only globals, validating members, and guests can see/post in to remind us they are waiting. While validating members can see the whole board, they can only post in this recent forum. This guy must have figured he joined and could only reply to his own self. I saw in the gameday thread this was a friend of allstarjim's so I approved the account and moved this out for all to enjoy.

What is the process for validating? I've invited like, TEN of my RL friends here and none of them have shown up... maybe they're waiting?

I disagree. i distinctly remember seeing Ross playing press coverage on that tall Rams receiver (forget his name) and he had a good jam off the line but just couldn't run with the guy... just flat-out couldn't keep up. Play went for something like 20 yards.

Well... Coe needs game time experience.. I'd rather him out there over the bust.

That's ridiculous dude. You keep the better player in, regardless if he's "struggling".

Coe is twice as bad as Ross.