SportsWrath

The Falcons did us a huge favor

Allstarjim

Eagles now 1-1. Although, with all the crap I give our coaching staff, WTF was Mike Smith thinking going to the victory formation when they couldn't run out the clock? They then ended up punting to DeSean Jackson, which is dangerous enough as we all know, and then the Eagles still had time for a hail mary attempt to win the game. If you can't run the clock out, you try to get a first down... prematurely going to the V-formation very easily could have cost them the game, and if that happened, I would've really pitied Smith this week.

Anyhow, not only did the Eagles lose, but Vick is hurt, too, with a neck injury. Who knows what the story is. Probably tomorrow or Tuesday we'll know if he has a stinger or just a stiff neck. It would be great if the Falcons gave us the added bonus of facing Kafka next week and not Vick.

And, crazy as it may seem, THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS ARE IN FIRST PLACE. The Giants just have to win tomorrow to be tied with the Cowboys and Eagles for 2nd place behind the 'Skins. And the Redskins have to play Dallas next week in Big D. If we can pull our heads out of our asses, win tomorrow night and take it to the Eagles, who knows? Maybe it's us and Dallas tied for first a week from tonight.

Romo cracked a rib and F. Jones was hurt too. Washington could easily be 3-0 after next week.

I think if we're gonna beat Philly next week we need to 1) run up the middle, 2) run up the middle, and 3) run it up the god-damned middle. Eli's gonna struggle big time against that secondary but that "2-wide" front is susceptible. Hopefully Gilbride watched tonight and gets Ballard out on a few plays too.

Let's talk eagles game at this time tommorow.

We the fans can't sleep on the Rams m. We the fans must do as we want blue to do and take it one game at a time.

Theres a football game to be

Players tommorow.

But yea we can beat those bitches. No way they play Vick against JPP, Tuck and maybe Osi with a bad neck.

Hey, I'm allowed to look ahead, I'm just a Joe Six-Pack watcher. The Giants can't afford to take the Rams for granted and look ahead. I think we could lose, but I'm just sayin', I still hope Vick doesn't play next week.

Did you guys see how Nnamdi was just shadowing Roddy White? Nnamdi is so damn quick!

Hey, I'm allowed to look ahead, I'm just a Joe Six-Pack watcher. The Giants can't afford to take the Rams for granted and look ahead. I think we could lose, but I'm just sayin', I still hope Vick doesn't play next week.

Did you guys see how Nnamdi was just shadowing Roddy White? Nnamdi is so damn quick!

Me and my raiders freind argue all the time as to who's the beat CB in football.

He claims Asomugha all day everyday and I insist Revis is better.

By years end we will know for sure bow that Asomwa is in a division with great WRs and QBs.

Revis is all over the damn place.

And, crazy as it may seem, THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS ARE IN FIRST PLACE.

I think ESPN picked us to go 2-14 so based on their prediction we won't win another game this year. I like being under the radar.

Nice to see all these young players making nice showings. Definitely not crisp yet which explains why the score was so close. We should have won that game by a couple of touchdowns but some key mistakes kept it close.

Yeah watching that game. It took White some magical moments to gain a few yard. This Nnamdi is insane with glue like coverage. But yes I think coach smith didn't learn from our Giant mistake of punting to DeSean. They were running the ball to the fullest and getting great result from turner. I didn't know what coach Smith was thinking. Maybe he wanted to win his fantasy week.

Anyways. Eagles edge rushers are insane. I'm freaking worry Eli will get smash next week considering the crap tackles we have on the O-Line. Babin and Cole were all over Matt Ryan. Let's pray Gillbride will be watching this game.

The Giants can't take ANYONE for granted. Nnamdi needs a physical receiver who would undress him like Plax did at GB NFCCG.

Yeah watching that game. It took White some magical moments to gain a few yard. This Nnamdi is insane with glue like coverage. But yes I think coach smith didn't learn from our Giant mistake of punting to DeSean. They were running the ball to the fullest and getting great result from turner. I didn't know what coach Smith was thinking. Maybe he wanted to win his fantasy week.

Anyways. Eagles edge rushers are insane. I'm freaking worry Eli will get smash next week considering the crap tackles we have on the O-Line. Babin and Cole were all over Matt Ryan. Let's pray Gillbride will be watching this game.

I think Babin and Cole owe their secondary a few beers; they gave Ryan very little to work with. Eli's gonna see the same thing next week.

The Giants can't take ANYONE for granted. Nnamdi needs a physical receiver who would undress him like Plax did at GB NFCCG.

Plax was against Al Harris in the NFCCG. Al Harris was good, but he was never as good as Nnamdi. The Giants have their work cut out for them against the Eagles... but I'm looking forward to the game tonight. I want to see a "meet me at the quarterback" situation. Sack party tonight!

Jim- If The Eagles persist in keeping those DE's that wide in a sprinters stance, Id run up the middle or run the play action every play until they stop us.

That is a whacky formation, and I do not think Atlanta schemed for it......they ignored it. Having said that I'd put Osi and JPP in that formation with Tuck at DT and give it back to them.

Eagles now 1-1. Although, with all the crap I give our coaching staff, WTF was Mike Smith thinking going to the victory formation when they couldn't run out the clock? They then ended up punting to DeSean Jackson, which is dangerous enough as we all know, and then the Eagles still had time for a hail mary attempt to win the game. If you can't run the clock out, you try to get a first down... prematurely going to the V-formation very easily could have cost them the game, and if that happened, I would've really pitied Smith this week.

Anyhow, not only did the Eagles lose, but Vick is hurt, too, with a neck injury. Who knows what the story is. Probably tomorrow or Tuesday we'll know if he has a stinger or just a stiff neck. It would be great if the Falcons gave us the added bonus of facing Kafka next week and not Vick.

And, crazy as it may seem, THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS ARE IN FIRST PLACE. The Giants just have to win tomorrow to be tied with the Cowboys and Eagles for 2nd place behind the 'Skins. And the Redskins have to play Dallas next week in Big D. If we can pull our heads out of our asses, win tomorrow night and take it to the Eagles, who knows? Maybe it's us and Dallas tied for first a week from tonight.

Vick has a concussion, apparently had a contusion in his mouth also......If they can't protect him any better, and he keeps running around like that he may yet wind up in the hospital

I am not convinced we are better than any team in the NFC East

The Eagles have the fastest NFL team I've ever seen

Jim- If The Eagles persist in keeping those DE's that wide in a sprinters stance, Id run up the middle or run the play action every play until they stop us.

That is a whacky formation, and I do not think Atlanta schemed for it......they ignored it. Having said that I'd put Osi and JPP in that formation with Tuck at DT and give it back to them.

Interesting thing to me about that wide stance... unlike other DEs that line up wide, ex. Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis, on most snaps Trent Cole seemed to be bull rushing the Falcons left tackle; his path was almost closer to parallel to the line of scrimmage than a direct line to the QB. In other words, although the Eagles defense was lining up in a traditional pass rush formation, Trent Cole (maybe others, but Cole in particular) was in effect playing the run.

When you've got a special defensive end like Cole, its a hell of a technique to run... makes me wonder, how is JPP or Osi's bull rush?

Interesting thing to me about that wide stance... unlike other DEs that line up wide, ex. Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis, on most snaps Trent Cole seemed to be bull rushing the Falcons left tackle; his path was almost closer to parallel to the line of scrimmage than a direct line to the QB. In other words, although the Eagles defense was lining up in a traditional pass rush formation, Trent Cole (maybe others, but Cole in particular) was in effect playing the run.

When you've got a special defensive end like Cole, its a hell of a technique to run... makes me wonder, how is JPP or Osi's bull rush?

he was so far wide if he took a normal angle he's hit his head on the goalpost LOL

I'm old enough to remember Oaklahoma lining up a center and QB on one side of the field and 8 blockers and a WR on the other side...........it worked very very well BTW

I would love to see the NFL drop their stupid line up rules and let coaches line them up anywhere they choose to

Would be very entertaining.........or maybe not Coughy would never line up in a novel formation