SportsWrath

Will the return of Tuck and Osi really mean much?

JackStroud

Yes it will help.

Oh yeah, I forgot after reading his ramblings there was actually a question posed.....

Yes, we will be a better team when they come back. Any time you can add 2 Pro Bowl caliber players back to the starting lineup it means a lot.....

I'd like to think it woud but Tollefson and JPP played quite well

Its the O-Line thats killing us

Put Kevin Boothe back in the there you old Fart

Some one get Eli a Giant Starbucks Esspesso before the game.......force him to drink it

Yes it would in the sense that Tuck is the best player on this team.. hands down. And having 2 extra experienced players there for the rotation keeps everyone fresh..

I'd like to think it woud but Tollefson and JPP played quite well

Its the O-Line thats killing us

Put Kevin Boothe back in the there you old Fart

Some one get Eli a Giant Starbucks Esspesso before the game.......force him to drink it

I am not sure, we need to get Eli more hyped up. I know mattresses, have more personality than Eli, but Eli might still start calling out more plays if we get him too hyped. Even though, Gilbride's playbook, only consists of three plays anyways. So i think the other team already knows whats coming.

Of course it'll mean a lot. This defense is built around the pass rush. Last week with JPP and Tollefson, we were adequate, which is very impressive considering those are theoretically our third and fourth DE's, but the pass rush needs to be excellent, not adequate, for this defense to hum. And it will be excellent when we have all those guys back.

There are three things that looked really positive to me. First of all Kenny Philips. He looked a step or two slow closing to the ball in preseason, but last week he showed it was just that, preseason. He was quick to the ball and hit hard. I look forward to him separating many a receiver from the ball this season. Also Linval Joseph looked like he was getting a good push, I'm excited to see what he can do. And third, losing Goff is a big loss, and Greg Jones isn't quite the All-pro we hope he may be some day, but he's good enough that we aren't hemorrhaging at that position, which is huge for the defense.

I still think Ross is garbage. I also think Corey Webster has been mailing it in. He needs to step up.

-Z

Of course it'll mean a lot. This defense is built around the pass rush. Last week with JPP and Tollefson, we were adequate, which is very impressive considering those are theoretically our third and fourth DE's, but the pass rush needs to be excellent, not adequate, for this defense to hum. And it will be excellent when we have all those guys back.

There are three things that looked really positive to me. First of all Kenny Philips. He looked a step or two slow closing to the ball in preseason, but last week he showed it was just that, preseason. He was quick to the ball and hit hard. I look forward to him separating many a receiver from the ball this season. Also Linval Joseph looked like he was getting a good push, I'm excited to see what he can do. And third, losing Goff is a big loss, and Greg Jones isn't quite the All-pro we hope he may be some day, but he's good enough that we aren't hemorrhaging at that position, which is huge for the defense.

I still think Ross is garbage. I also think Corey Webster has been mailing it in. He needs to step up.

-Z

Nailed it.

-Z

Good post Z.

Having Tuck, Osi, JPP, Tollefson, and Kiwi, really makes me wish we still had Spags. The blitz packages he would play with that line up give me the chills.

Good post Z.

Having Tuck, Osi, JPP, Tollefson, and Kiwi, really makes me wish we still had Spags. The blitz packages he would play with that line up give me the chills.

well you nailed everything but one

JPP is now our best pass rusher.......he's now averaging at least 2 per game, and this rate will have somewhere around 32 sacks and untold strips this year

-Z

Agreed on all counts. Granted that was Jones' first game...