SportsWrath

The "Rocket" controversy

JMFP

Yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to regret this.

Cmon you guys -- what's to regret? We're talking Giants football right?

Cofield had nothing to do with the play -- the post I linked up has the video and analysis right in it... that's all.

You can clearly see cofield is the last guy to react, McIntosh calls the play adjustment, and Kerrigan already basically knew it was coming because the Giants ran the play a dozen times already.

there is no Rocket controversy. Francesa is a moron

That's Rocky McCintosh who shouted something and it was directed at the Deangelo Hall.

I think it basically comes down to great play Kerrigan, half assed cut block McKenzie. I'm stoked about Kerrigan. I think he's the real deal and Orakpo on the other side could end up being a real special linebacker combo for the 3-4.

First game of the season. I think many of you guys are reading a little too much into it. When you went to the superbowl last you started the season with what looked like the worst defense in football.

This is not what happened -- Rock McIntosh called the defensive adjustment, Cofield barely moved, and the Giants already ran the play about a dozen times when the skins were showing a max blitz.

Full breakdown of the play here

http://gmenhq.com/2011/09/14/a-closer-look-at-eli-mannings-week-1-pick-6/

Did Bradshaw telegraph that play? I swear he points and that was a brutal block. Just a cluster fuck play call and execution. Hall was too far back though so if a good block was made it would have had some chance. He comes up but then backs off again. If anybody gets the blame on that play it's McKenzie. What an absolutely pathetic block attempt. Haynesworthesque effort.

That's Rocky McCintosh who shouted something and it was directed at the Deangelo Hall.

I think it basically comes down to great play Kerrigan, half assed cut block McKenzie. I'm stoked about Kerrigan. I think he's the real deal and Orakpo on the other side could end up being a real special linebacker combo for the 3-4.

First game of the season. I think many of you guys are reading a little too much into it. When you went to the superbowl last you started the season with what looked like the worst defense in football.

Very true Mik.

Did Bradshaw telegraph that play? I swear he points and that was a brutal block. Just a cluster fuck play call and execution. Hall was too far back though so if a good block was made it would have had some chance. He comes up but then backs off again. If anybody gets the blame on that play it's McKenzie. What an absolutely pathetic block attempt. Haynesworthesque effort.

I still blame Eli.. he threw the ball into Kerrigan's (sp) face mask.

Again, it's a timing play and Kerrigan's face mask was supposed to be in the turf by then. McKenzie totally wiffed on the block.

+1. McZenzie probably got up and wiped the rust off after that play, and the rest fell off on the sidelines after Coughlin kicked his ass

Very true, which is why I still have hope.

Again, it's a timing play and Kerrigan's face mask was supposed to be in the turf by then. McKenzie totally wiffed on the block.

I know it was a timing play... Still you have to make sure the first boom took place before the 2nd boom.

I know it was a timing play... Still you have to make sure the first boom took place before the 2nd boom.

LOL... Nas, the point is there isn't time to make sure that the block happens.... if you wait, its too late. Snap, throw. That's the timing on that play.

I feel a little ironic defending Eli on this, because I've been on him about all the tipped balls, he's sort of known for that. But this one is totally different.

LOL... Nas, the point is there isn't time to make sure that the block happens.... if you wait, its too late. Snap, throw. That's the timing on that play.

I feel a little ironic defending Eli on this, because I've been on him about all the tipped balls, he's sort of known for that. But this one is totally different.

Then we will agree to disagree. I think there's a split second where you can see the first boom took place.. or.. didn't. loss of down over a pick 6.

Also if he waits then Hall has a pick six when he notices Nicks itching his jock waiting for the throw. In the end the whole play was a disaster because the D picked it up, looked like Bradsaw telegraphed it and McKenzie decided it was nap time (I swear he just lays there).

Also if he waits then Hall has a pick six when he notices Nicks itching his jock waiting for the throw. In the end the whole play was a disaster because the D picked it up, looked like Bradsaw telegraphed it and McKenzie decided it was nap time (I swear he just lays there).

Fine.. let me rephrase that... the first boom is Kerrigan taken down.. if that doesn't happen it's a broken play... throw it away and live another down.

Fine.. let me rephrase that... the first boom is Kerrigan taken down.. if that doesn't happen it's a broken play... throw it away and live another down.

The problem is that waiting for McKenzie's block makes it a broken play. You're trying to surprise Hall so Nicks can make a move and blow by him. Waiting even an extra second becomes a problem. Forget the 2 or 3 seconds it would take to make sure Kerrigan is going down or not.

The problem is that waiting for McKenzie's block makes it a broken play. You're trying to surprise Hall so Nicks can make a move and blow by him. Waiting even an extra second becomes a problem. Forget the 2 or 3 seconds it would take to make sure Kerrigan is going down or not.

It's not waiting per se -- McKenzie was supposed to launch into Kerrigan like Bradshaw always does to take out his man from the knees and get his eyes and hands down. McKenzie basically missed, came up short.

They knew the play was coming because the Giants had already run that same screen 15 times.

If I was playing and had the smarts to remember the offense from the first half and the QB audibled because the defense was in a max blitz -- id sure as hell be ready for the quick pass do.

Its not rocket science.... it's not a conspiracy by cofiled either.