SportsWrath

Are we REALLY waiting for two starting defensive ends?

fishgutmartyr

OK, I've vented. Next game.

I've noticed that a lot of the "Cheer up" posts mention us getting back our "two starting defensive ends." Normally, that sounds great.

But considering the game JPP played Sunday, is that a true statement? 5 tackles, 1 assist, 2 sacks and 1FF; not to mention plenty of pressures. That sounds like starting caliber to me. Especially when you consider that he was bookended with Tollefson (who I like, but let's face it, he isn't Tuck).

If he continues like this in the next couple of games, does Osi have a starting job to come back to?

We may be seeing somebody getting "Osi'd."

OK, I've vented. Next game.

I've noticed that a lot of the "Cheer up" posts mention us getting back our "two starting defensive ends." Normally, that sounds great.

But considering the game JPP played Sunday, is that a true statement? 5 tackles, 1 assist, 2 sacks and 1FF; not to mention plenty of pressures. That sounds like starting caliber to me. Especially when you consider that he was bookended with Tollefson (who I like, but let's face it, he isn't Tuck).

If he continues like this in the next couple of games, does Osi have a starting job to come back to?

We may be seeing somebody getting "Osi'd."

No and I felt the Giants should have traded his him.

Who knows with that guy. I think it probably wasn't too bad and ordinarily he would play, but the contract thing... so he decided to have surgery when he did to take care of it... so if he can get 100% he can play for a new contract (with someone else) for the rest of this year (and possibly next). I don't blame him for getting the surgery, really. Just get yourself ready to play. If he dogs it when he comes back, though, then I will be pissed.

Who knows with that guy. I think it probably wasn't too bad and ordinarily he would play, but the contract thing... so he decided to have surgery when he did to take care of it... so if he can get 100% he can play for a new contract (with someone else) for the rest of this year (and possibly next). I don't blame him for getting the surgery, really. Just get yourself ready to play. If he dogs it when he comes back, though, then I will be pissed.

I do.. because that surgery should have been performed in January.

Agreed. He used that surgery as a ploy - if the Giants weren't going to give him more money, they weren't going to get a full season out of him. This way, he gets to sit out and there's not a damn thing they can do about it.

Did you guys ever hear of DLine rotation?......you cannot have enough good/great Defensive lineman

I simply asked if Osi comes back as the starter, or the rotation guy.

I think he's the rotation guy, if JPP maintains this level.

Golfing, "Wally Pipped" just doesn't cut the level of fucking Osi would have if JPP keeps the starting gig. Wally Pip didn't hold out in spring training that year.

There's no way in hell Osi is a better player then JPP

JPP is rising FAST, like a ROCKET!!!

EXPLODING onto the scene and is becoming a monster. Very soon he will be even more dominant then Tuck. That saying ALOT! He has ALREADY passed Osi by a mile.

Now Osi will STILL be a BIG help for us and just adds another beast pass rusher which is AWESOME!

JPP and Tuck better be our starters when Osi comes back.

Osi gave up his job as GIANTS starting DE.

All praise JPP!

And Tuck!

Still like Osi though but JPP is a rare freak specimen that will just dominate for years and years and it's been Jerry Reese's best pick followed by Nicks and T2 prior to training camp.

They'll still find a spot for Osi, no doubt. He may be a stand-up pass rusher next to JPP, they may slide JPP in to tackle and have Osi play RDE, or they may put him in as a rushing MLB the same way they did occasionally with Spags and the "four aces" package.

Osi had two practices and had swelling in his knee... he tried to go... but ultimately decided that coming back healthy for (hopefully) the whole season was a better idea than having something nag him the entire year. I can't say I blame him for that, but the contract dispute was pretty lame.