SportsWrath

Why cant the Giants ever be a dynasty?

BlueInCanada

Watching NE play against the Dolphins.

Tom Brady throwing for a jabillion yards and had firm command of the entire game, let alone they are doing it with no name running backs, offensive line man and a defense that has more questions in it's secondary then some would like to admit.

Why cant the Giants ever build something from the ground up that lasts? We had the chance with Eli and crew to stay on top for multiple years but fell short time and time again yet after one SB win everyone shut up and got comfortable with mediocrity. Why cant we expect more from this franchise then just one SB every 10 years? Why cant we build something like the Steelers/Patriots or even the 49ers or Cowboys of earlier years.

Sure the Giants might of had some power house teams but only have achieved success three times in the modern age of the SB. Why is it the Giants can never find a way to find success and hold onto it?

I know it's an organization thing it starts with the owners, down to the GM to the coach and so on. Why cant the Giants ever find pieces that work? Do Reese and Coughlin hate each other so much they cant seem to get on the same page and build a NY Giants team? Why the fuck does it seem like Eli and his WRs (out side of Toomer and Smith) are always out of sync and never on the same page. Why the fuck can this defense hold a #1 offense in the league to damn near nothing but then turn around and make Sexy Rexy look like Peyton Manning.

Mediocrity is stating to get old.

Just a rant really, not a "this season is doomed"

Do you know how long the Steelers waited before their first championship? 40 years. Then after the 4th one, they waited almost 30 years for another championship.

San Francisco had 5 playoff appearances between 1946 and 1981. They haven't done much since that dynasty ended, either.

Dallas won two Superbowls in the 70's, and actually lost 3. Then they didn't taste the SB for 13 years. They've won one playoff game since.

The Patriots waited 25 years before even losing a championship game. A win took 41. How long do you think they'll wait once Brady calls it quits?

Even our team went but going to the championship game 6 times in 8 years--a definite dynasty. Then we spent 23 years between championship games, 30 years between wins. Since then, we've played in 4 in 20+ years, averaging out to about one every 5 years.

You know what? I'm not jealous of those fans at all. At 48, I don't have 20-30 years to wait after a dynasty.

Watching NE play against the Dolphins.

Tom Brady throwing for a jabillion yards and had firm command of the entire game, let alone they are doing it with no name running backs, offensive line man and a defense that has more questions in it's secondary then some would like to admit.

Why cant the Giants ever build something from the ground up that lasts? We had the chance with Eli and crew to stay on top for multiple years but fell short time and time again yet after one SB win everyone shut up and got comfortable with mediocrity. Why cant we expect more from this franchise then just one SB every 10 years? Why cant we build something like the Steelers/Patriots or even the 49ers or Cowboys of earlier years.

Sure the Giants might of had some power house teams but only have achieved success three times in the modern age of the SB. Why is it the Giants can never find a way to find success and hold onto it?

I know it's an organization thing it starts with the owners, down to the GM to the coach and so on. Why cant the Giants ever find pieces that work? Do Reese and Coughlin hate each other so much they cant seem to get on the same page and build a NY Giants team? Why the fuck does it seem like Eli and his WRs (out side of Toomer and Smith) are always out of sync and never on the same page. Why the fuck can this defense hold a #1 offense in the league to damn near nothing but then turn around and make Sexy Rexy look like Peyton Manning.

Mediocrity is stating to get old.

Just a rant really, not a "this season is doomed"

Because George Young thought Ray Handley was more of a "player's coach" than Bill Belichick.

THAT'S why we are not a dynasty.....King George thought he was the smartest football guy in the room.

Ironically, we found the closest coach to Belichick - in every damn way - with Coughlin. Which is probably why Coughlin is the only dude to beat Belichick in a Super Bowl.

It boils down to some luck, peaking at the right time, player evaluation, etc.

I've been all over Reese this season, but he, Coughlin (and yes, Fish......Gilbride) got the job done once already. The window isn't closed yet.

When was the last time you saw Eli yelling at teammates when they fuck up or motivating teammates on the bench? Brady and Belichick constantly expect a higher degree of professionalism from players. If you can't get with the program you're cut. Buress as a Patriot would have been cut long before he shot his leg. Also from what I have heard Brady only wants WR who run almost perfect routes. Apparently Ocho is struggling with this (and complicated signals) and it's not looking good for his Patriots career. You don't run good routes and Brady doesn't throw to you. That's why Brady has 511 yards and Ocho has only 1 catch.

Also it's damn hard to win a SB and the Patriots haven't made it back since 2007. Maybe the Giants crushed their spirits. :flex:

I hate to be this guy, and I know injuries are a part of the game, but every year the Giants have a section of the team decimated by injuries.

I'm not worried about the offense, apart from teams like GB, NE, NO, etc, defenses should be ahead of offenses with the shortened offseason, and we have new pieces starting on the offensive line. We'll get there, Eli is better than what happened on Sunday.

And this coaching staff needs to be dismanteled. I don't know if this is exactly true, but most of the sucessful teams in the nfl today seem to be running some variation of the west coast offense. The run and deep pass theory isn't getting it done widely in the nfl. Route running, hitting the guy in stride vs curls and come backs, yac's and high tempo'd offenses are getting it done in todays game.

Cowher isnt the answer, we need a modern coach. I love Coughlin and what he has done for this team, not just the sb win, but the pride he brought back to NY and the overall sucess he has had with us. But by and large the game has passed him by.

If that idiot doesn't shoot himself...we have back to back rings. I don't give a fuck anyone says..no FUCKING way were the Cardinals coming to Giants Stadium and beating us.

Donovan McNabb..you sir..can lick my balls.

No doubt in my mind.

I hate to be this guy, and I know injuries are a part of the game, but every year the Giants have a section of the team decimated by injuries.

I'm not worried about the offense, apart from teams like GB, NE, NO, etc, defenses should be ahead of offenses with the shortened offseason, and we have new pieces starting on the offensive line. We'll get there, Eli is better than what happened on Sunday.

And this coaching staff needs to be dismanteled. I don't know if this is exactly true, but most of the sucessful teams in the nfl today seem to be running some variation of the west coast offense. The run and deep pass theory isn't getting it done widely in the nfl. Route running, hitting the guy in stride vs curls and come backs, yac's and high tempo'd offenses are getting it done in todays game.

Cowher isnt the answer, we need a modern coach. I love Coughlin and what he has done for this team, not just the sb win, but the pride he brought back to NY and the overall sucess he has had with us. But by and large the game has passed him by.

Exactly. Funny how we let Fox then Spags walk away.

The Giants can never be a dynasty because of their ownership

Ownership is conservative, abhorant of coaches who want full control and are not willing to play the game to the extreme (see Bill Bellicheck).......they wont hire players with a checkered record no matter how talented

They need to deed full control to a real football guy like a Bill Parcells, Bellicheck, or Vinny Lombardi to ever have a dynasty..........it will never happen in your lifetime

If that idiot doesn't shoot himself...we have back to back rings. I don't give a fuck anyone says..no FUCKING way were the Cardinals coming to Giants Stadium and beating us.

I was thinking about this after a few posts on here referred to the Super Bowl win as a fluke. The team was dominant in '08, and an absolute machine when they played on the road. That all changed after Plaxico shot himself. They haven't beaten the Eagles since then. Think about that. I think Nicks is on his way to having a fantastic career and is going to be a better player than Burress but the Giants haven't been able to replace or duplicate what Plax brought to the offense.

.....Oh, and yeah it's entirely his fault.

I think Chucky nailed the difference last night: Game planning. "We like to do what we do best against what they do worst" - Tom Brady. Last night's no huddle which kept the Dolphins in nickle for entire drives is a perfect example of game planning that we could never even attempt.

I was thinking about this after a few posts on here referred to the Super Bowl win as a fluke. The team was dominant in '08, and an absolute machine when they played on the road. That all changed after Plaxico shot himself. They haven't beaten the Eagles since then. Think about that. I think Nicks is on his way to having a fantastic career and is going to be a better player than Burress but the Giants haven't been able to replace or duplicate what Plax brought to the offense.

I think losing Spags did us in. The nightmare that was Sheridan and now the nightmares that's not our conditioning and Special teams having gone away..

Well, he is still young. He's torched the Eagles too.

This /\................................I dont care what anyone says, no one was beating us when we were on a roll that yr. NO ONE.

I think Chucky nailed the difference last night: Game planning. "We like to do what we do best against what they do worst" - Tom Brady. Last night's no huddle which kept the Dolphins in nickle for entire drives is a perfect example of game planning that we could never even attempt.

This has perplexed me often actually. Eli seems to do well in no huddles and shotguns but it's hardly ever used. When the O's rhythm is bad a no huddle would be great to get the energy back. Sometimes when you watch the O it looks like they are sleep walking through the drive. I guess, as pointed out, Gilbride has game plan and it's run until the bitter end.

This /\................................I dont care what anyone says, no one was beating us when we were on a roll that yr. NO ONE.

Well as usual the Giants beat the Giants. The fluke of the SB run was that it didn't happen. It's maddening being a Giants fan sometimes (well probably all fans feel the same way).

Great example!

<_>

Thans for the reminder. :cwy: