SportsWrath

Am I the only one?

*SDMF*

That a tipped/deflected ball is an INT? When a ball is tipped or deflected all bets for pass interference are off. You can knock the receiver to the ground and not get a pass inter call. So how is it counted as an INT?

it's still a pass- but the offense loses their preferred rights after flight is interrupted.

like if you are traveling first class to NY but you get off in philly by mistake. they put you back on in coach.

And throw snowballs at you as you board the plane. :smartass:

There's a valid question in there: If there's no pass interference on a tipped ball, then it's no longer a "pass" and therefore why is it and "INT" and not an "incomplete pass"?

Thank you Tree. You hit the nail right on the head.

it's still a pass- but the offense loses their preferred rights after flight is interrupted.

like if you are traveling first class to NY but you get off in philly by mistake. they put you back on in coach.

Exactly, its the same as a deflected pass also being a reception. The point of the tip/no pass interference rule is so a defender can defend a pass that a receiver tips to himself. Once it touches someone else all bets are off.

Exactly, its the same as a deflected pass also being a reception. The point of the tip/no pass interference rule is so a defender can defend a pass that a receiver tips to himself. Once it touches someone else all bets are off.

:TU:

Why would a tipped pass to a defender without touching the ground EVER be called an incomplete pass? This makes no sense to me.

The question makes sense in respect to the lack of PI on the play. It's more like a fumble in that regard.

Not that I personally think it should be anything but an INT.

The question makes sense in respect to the lack of PI on the play. It's more like a fumble in that regard.

Not that I personally think it should be anything but an INT.

Sorry man, I'm lost...he thought there should be PI on the play?

The real question is why it really fucking matters what you call it.

How would it ever not be a turnover, though, is my question?

Or is he saying it'd still be a turnover but like designated a fumble or something......?