SportsWrath

TC/Gilbride watch

Allstarjim

As far as I'm concerned. There's going to be a lot of questions rightfully asked if this team doesn't get to the bye week at least 4-3. We have St. Louis, @Philly, @Arizona, Seattle, and Buffalo before the bye. IMO, St. Louis is a must win, because if we drop that game, we are almost assuredly starting 0-3 staring an away game against an much improved Arizona team in their house... and after the bye the "easy" part of the schedule is over. So mods, feel free to pin this, because the watch is on.

Cowher on speed dial yet?

Let's list our indictments of TC, Gilbride, and even Fewell here.

Indictment 1: Psychotic loyalty to Lawrence Tynes... and the contract Tynes received was Isaiah Thomas-esque.

Indictment 2: Short yardage failures, doing the same thing that's not working over and over... what do they say that's the definition of?

Somebody else's turn.

Time to go on a roll.....we can win all those games, including Philly, if this team rediscovers the swagger it had back in 2007.

If Eli is an elite QB, we'll get on that roll.

I watched the Rams-Philly game, and that was a winnable game for the Rams. I see the same outcome for the Giants if they don't tighten it up.

Let's list our indictments of TC, Gilbride, and even Fewell here.

Indictment 1: Psychotic loyalty to Lawrence Tynes... and the contract Tynes received was Isaiah Thomas-esque.

Indictment 2: Short yardage failures, doing the same thing that's not working over and over... what do they say that's the definition of?

Somebody else's turn.

Finally, someone indicting Fewell...

2. Considering the investment in it, our backfield should be playing much more effectively than it has been--even with the loss of Thomas. Even last year, it was below par with the talent available. We field multiple first- and second-rounders, and still are, only to get whacked every week.
  3. Continued devotion to our linebackers coach. Kehl, Wilkinson, Goff, Sintim...you mean to tell me he could only get one of them in serviceable shape in 3 years? Then why is he still here beyond Sheridan? I'm not counting the rookies, since he really hasn't had much to do with them.
  4. We still get slaughtered on 3rd and long.
  5. We still can't get off the field at crucial junctures.
  6. We still give up big plays on a weekly basis.

Add for TC:

Mysterious need to keep a special teams coach that has proven completely incapable of handling the job.

As far as I'm concerned. There's going to be a lot of questions rightfully asked if this team doesn't get to the bye week at least 4-3. We have St. Louis, @Philly, @Arizona, Seattle, and Buffalo before the bye. IMO, St. Louis is a must win, because if we drop that game, we are almost assuredly starting 0-3 staring an away game against an much improved Arizona team in their house... and after the bye the "easy" part of the schedule is over. So mods, feel free to pin this, because the watch is on.

Cowher on speed dial yet?

Fuck Cowher.

Fewell Is not the answer as well . He will not get off the damn tampa2 coverage. wayyyyyyy to soft on coverage. D line is doing ok considering Lber play is getting better although some rookies out of place here and there.

I haven't wanted Gillbride since day 1 he is a waste of space. ................ god Bless you Buddy Ryan..... although your son's are retarded.

Coughlin has lost his poise I mean in the last 2 years watching him on the sidelines you can see it slipping away. now its embarrassing to watch his grade school hissy fits. Also the thing with loyalty I mean really how loyal can you be when the coaches you hire are bringing down the ship and you do nothing about it? is it loyalty or stupidity?

the only Non player that should be left in the locker room is Skeeba .

Oh yeah I almost forgot...... the medical staff or what ever they are are also the staff that takes care of the Mets Hmmmmmmm :confused:

Gilbride: Why does he hate running the ball so much? Does your offense have to have a dozen pre-snap reads?

Fewell: Why do you get away from what's working for you? I.E. if you're stopping them on third down by blitzing, why do you start using 7 DBs instead?

Coughlin: Why can't you fix fundamental problems with your team like holding on to the ball (watch how Nicks holds the ball on his TD, and check out Bradshaw... they're both fumbles waiting to happen) and penalties?

why do you want to do that?

I feel sure he's not in the Sweet on your Feet Iranian Hiking Club

I'm just tired of old farts rotating between teams.. We need young blood on that team... TCs antics are fucking childish... Gilbride sucks and Fewel is nowhere near Spags or Fox's levels.. And don't even get me started about special teams and conditioning... :furious:

+1 for Gilbride's clumsy playcalling system; constant delay-of-game penalties and an inability to go to a "hurry up" offense. It takes too damn long to get the plays in. Whether that's on Gilbride's slow play selection, Eli's slow response or the team's inability to grasp the options it's Gilbride's system and he owns the blame. How many times do we need to see us down on the scoreboard with precious time ticking off the clock while the O takes 43-45 sec to get each play off?

+1 for Fewell's obsession with the soft Tampa-2. I think I hate it even more than the dreaded "prevent" D of years past.

I'm just tired of old farts rotating between teams.. We need young blood on that team... TCs antics are fucking childish... Gilbride sucks and Fewel is nowhere near Spags or Fox's levels.. And don't even get me started about special teams and conditioning... :furious:

For a guy who preaches discipline, Coughlin sure doesn't look the part a lot of the time. As for Gilbride, the Giants are usually able to move the ball well on a game to game basis. They also have playmakers though, so this should be a given. I'm no coach, but I've read in articles and from posts on here that his "read and react" offense is quite intricate and difficult. There always seems to be a few miscommunications between Eli and his receivers every game. If it's causing that much trouble to execute, change and perhaps simplify it. This team has two very good backs and at receiver, an emerging star and great #2. It shouldn't be that fucking hard. I remember another Giants coordinator, albeit on the defensive side of the ball, that used a "read and react" scheme. That also sucked frequently.

I have to see a moderately healthy Giant defense before I can kill Fewell but I will say the 4th and 5 play was ridiculous. The Giants dropped everyone back PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER. Also, if your opponent is going to rip you a new one with passes through the middle of the field why not try something else? Send the linebackers in if they can't cover what difference does it make?!

I dont know man. Cowher coached a top 5 defense for many years. You get this guy the right OC, and it would be hard to beat this team. NTM the FA's that would be more then happy to play for him. Im all for bring in Cowher.

I dont know man. Cowher coached a top 5 defense for many years. You get this guy the right OC, and it would be hard to beat this team. NTM the FA's that would be more then happy to play for him. Im all for bring in Cowher.

I think Cowher is in the same league as Gibbs and Shanahan... not exactly a world beater.

I think Cowher is in the same league as Gibbs and Shanahan... not exactly a world beater.

Shanahan looks pretty good right now. Cowher's teams consistently made the playoffs. Yeah, he won only one SuperBowl, but come on, he one that in Roethlisberger's rookie year, and prior to that he had Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart as QB's, and he was still winning. I trust Cowher, he's a winner that won't settle for less than excellence. A good point was made, he needs a top OC, though, an aggressive one. Not a Gilbride clone.

The rash of injuries and awful special teams are a huge part of it. I dispise the jets but their special teams win then like 4 games a year. Punt coverage ,having excellent gunners at point of attack , and tynes blows big time. Even if the special teams are solid we could go 10-6 again and that's if everything broke right. But if no Vick on Sunday gotta win, even if he's there gotta win. Eagles fans talk so much trash about beating the giants blah , blah. Yea we know 6 straight including couple playoff wins. But tell me Philly how many superbowls you win in that time or before that ? You went 4 straight NFC title games. One superbowl and you HAVE WON NOTHING !!!!!! so when you win one come talk to me

The rash of injuries and awful special teams are a huge part of it. I dispise the jets but their special teams win then like 4 games a year. Punt coverage ,having excellent gunners at point of attack , and tynes blows big time. Even if the special teams are solid we could go 10-6 again and that's if everything broke right. But if no Vick on Sunday gotta win, even if he's there gotta win. Eagles fans talk so much trash about beating the giants blah , blah. Yea we know 6 straight including couple playoff wins. But tell me Philly how many superbowls you win in that time or before that ? You went 4 straight NFC title games. One superbowl and you HAVE WON NOTHING !!!!!! so when you win one come talk to me

That's why the harp on the 6 games.. they got nothing else... and the other side of it is. the Giants have failed us... we dominated the shit out of them.. only to let go too early.. wtf.