SportsWrath

Gonna be a long year

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

I dont see the Giants winning more than 2 or 3 games..and thats being optimistic. The only team I see them beating is the Seahawks and maybe the Cradinals. 0-16 is a very real possibility.

Dont feel bad, my Dolphins wont be much better

The way I see it.. I'd rather have a 2 win season than an 8 win season... at least we get to pick first... Eli is an average QB.. I've given up on hoping you'd improve... that INT he threw.. WAS HIS FAULT... you saw your offensive linemen fall at the feet of the defender.. the defender is still standing.. ummm... don't fucking throw the ball :furious:

The way I see it.. I'd rather have a 2 win season than an 8 win season... at least we get to pick first... Eli is an average QB.. I've given up on hoping you'd improve... that INT he threw.. WAS HIS FAULT... you saw your offensive linemen fall at the feet of the defender.. the defender is still standing.. ummm... don't fucking throw the ball :furious:

no no no.... that play was a timing route, snap & throw, the QB has no choice but to take it on faith that the RT is going to do his job and get on his man at the snap. Watch the replay - watch when Eli throws the ball and McKenzie tries (and fails) to get into his block... its bang bang, there is ZERO time for Eli to wait and evaluate whether or not the DE has his hands up.

The only thing that maybe Eli could have done was notice that Kerrigan was out too wide for McKenzie to engage him in time for the throw and then change the play pre-snap. But I think thats bullshit, because it looked to me like McKenzie could have made a heady play and fired out on his man instead of passively falling at Kerrigan's feet.

Not saying that Eli had a Pro Bowl kind of game, but to me that was yet another INT for which he can thank his teammates.

no no no.... that play was a timing route, snap & throw, the QB has no choice but to take it on faith that the RT is going to do his job and get on his man at the snap. Watch the replay - watch when Eli throws the ball and McKenzie tries (and fails) to get into his block... its bang bang, there is ZERO time for Eli to wait and evaluate whether or not the DE has his hands up.

The only thing that maybe Eli could have done was notice that Kerrigan was out too wide for McKenzie to engage him in time for the throw and then change the play pre-snap. But I think thats bullshit, because it looked to me like McKenzie could have made a heady play and fired out on his man instead of passively falling at Kerrigan's feet.

Not saying that Eli had a Pro Bowl kind of game, but to me that was yet another INT for which he can thank his teammates.

I agree CD... that's a throw that the only read Eli's making that would make him come off of that throw is if the corner is playing press coverage, he has to have faith that McKenzie's going to take Kerrigan out of the play. McKenzie did not seem to go after Kerrigan with max effort there and it cost us. To me, that one play is going to make me watch McKenzie a lot more to see if his game is slipping. He was very good last year but he is getting a little long in the tooth.

You guys really want the first pick? I don't. I mean, Andrew Luck is going to be the first pick unless something crazy happens, so if we have that bad of a season, we have to trade down... and it's difficult to trade out of the first pick sometimes. Nas, I agree with you on one thing, if Eli throws another 20+ INTs, somebody's head should roll. I think we're married to Eli, so that means you have to start making changes at the top... that means a complete overhaul of the coaching staff.

I agree CD... that's a throw that the only read Eli's making that would make him come off of that throw is if the corner is playing press coverage, he has to have faith that McKenzie's going to take Kerrigan out of the play. McKenzie did not seem to go after Kerrigan with max effort there and it cost us. To me, that one play is going to make me watch McKenzie a lot more to see if his game is slipping. He was very good last year but he is getting a little long in the tooth.

I agree.

It was a stupid call, first and foremost.

For all the armchair Offensive Coordinators, what would you do in this situation?

Deep in your own territory....

14-14 game.....

Your defense is playing well.....

Jacobs is averaging close to 5 yards per carry....

:confused:

I was watching him yesterday and I'm very concerned by what I saw. He looks fat, slow, and worst of all, lazy.

McKenzie is the main guy I would call out for standing around like there's nobody for him to block. Saw that a bunch. One time it was Baas (but he's new, probably thinking too much out there), another time it was Diehl (very unexpected), but I caught McKenzie three or four times.

I was watching him yesterday and I'm very concerned by what I saw. He looks fat, slow, and worst of all, lazy.

McKenzie is the main guy I would call out for standing around like there's nobody for him to block. Saw that a bunch. One time it was Baas (but he's new, probably thinking too much out there), another time it was Diehl (very unexpected), but I caught McKenzie three or four times.

I'll tell you, they profiled Baas early in the game and he was handling Cofield one on one and doing a damn good job. I was thoroughly impressed by Baas from what I saw, but I didn't analyze his game with a fine-tooth comb, either.

Chicken Littles, all of you. Settle down, it's one game

That's the thing, Tree, I agree we are overreacting a bit, but we knew that Eli had to carry this team yesterday with all the defensive players out. That didn't happen, and after a 25 INT season, you have to wonder if this is more than just a 1 game issue at this point.

I'll tell you, they profiled Baas early in the game and he was handling Cofield one on one and doing a damn good job. I was thoroughly impressed by Baas from what I saw, but I didn't analyze his game with a fine-tooth comb, either.

I saw that too... oddly enough, when Baas was undressed it wasn't by Cofield, but by some rookie. Baas had his way with Cofield. I'm happy with that signing so far... I don't think O'Hara could have handled Cofield like that.

My question is why we are even running that play basically in our own end zone in the first place. Every year we try timing plays like screens and quick passes to the wide receiver. Every year they fail.

Call the plays that play to the strength and identity of your offense.

My question is why we are even running that play basically in our own end zone in the first place. Every year we try timing plays like screens and quick passes to the wide receiver. Every year they fail.

Call the plays that play to the strength and identity of your offense.

Likewise. The quick toss to Nicks is a staple of the offense, but of all times to run it....

I disagree... the 2nd boom takes place after the first boom.. the first boom never happened... the guy is sitll in your sight.. don't throw the ball at his face mask. Eli fucked that one up... but the only play that I feel made my blood boil was Rolle leading with his helmet when the guy was on the fucking ground... instead of the skins punting... we give the a first down :furious:

Chicken Littles, all of you. Settle down, it's one game

It's not that, Tree.. I kept telling my friend it's one game.. but this is the redskins.. and would have been one of those games we should win.. we didn't.. and we stunk... I don't mind losing a tough game.. but to lose in that fashion.. :angry:

I disagree... the 2nd boom takes place after the first boom.. the first boom never happened... the guy is sitll in your sight.. don't throw the ball at his face mask. Eli fucked that one up... but the only play that I feel made my blood boil was Rolle leading with his helmet when the guy was on the fucking ground... instead of the skins punting... we give the a first down :furious:

You're definitely wrong on this one, but that's okay. :D

Agreed on Rolle. He would have been fine, no penalty, as long as he kept his head up. Thats 1st grade shit right there, I don't understand the way Giants fans are up in arms about that penalty. If the role (Rolle) had been reversed and it was our guy getting speared while laying on the ground, we would have been pissed if the flag didn't come out.

Right in the back of the guy's neck. Fucking retarded. That should get a flag every time.

I agree.

It was a stupid call, first and foremost.

For all the armchair Offensive Coordinators, what would you do in this situation?

Deep in your own territory....

14-14 game.....

Your defense is playing well.....

Jacobs is averaging close to 5 yards per carry....

:confused:

I was bitching about the lack of running all day ... it seems every fucking first and 2nd downs we're passing.. I'm a firm believer that football is a running game.. make the opposing D respect your run enough to stop it... once they do that.. then you unleash the air attack.. we didn't.

Agreed. You dont throw directly to the defender, no matter who missed a blocke. There was very little pressure on him then anyways, it was just stupid. that was all Eli.

You're wrong, but thats okay. :-)

As much as you are usually right, it is you whos got this one wrong. Eli did a dipshit move, regardless of what that play calls for. And stupid penalties like the one Rolle did are FAR worse, especially when it gives them a 1st down and they shoulda been punting.

Likewise. The quick toss to Nicks is a staple of the offense, but of all times to run it....

I hate it though because you're essentially relying on Nicks to make a guy miss or he picks up zero or negative yardage. Good cornerbacks don't get beat by that play....they will be on him as soon as the ball gets there, like stink on shit.

Where are the quick slants and quick ins, that's what I want to know.....

I hate it though because you're essentially relying on Nicks to make a guy miss or he picks up zero or negative yardage. Good cornerbacks don't get beat by that play....they will be on him as soon as the ball gets there, like stink on shit.

Yeah, me too. Seems like Nicks and Manningham are perfect for that.

Whoever designed that fucking play is an asshole.. I never ever want to see that play... an alert DB or LB can scoop it and take it to the house.. I was livid they ran that play more than once.

Yeah, me too. Seems like Nicks and Manningham are perfect for that.

Quick pass plays like that don't take long to set up, don't rely on backs picking up blocks, and all it really requires is your WR get a foot of separation. These types of plays are what teams like GB, NO, and NE run....and they rarely give up sacks and they are among the league leaders in third down conversions.