SportsWrath

Jacobs should be our starting back

JMFP

Baas and Hynoski were brought in to bolster the running attack.

Jacobs brings an attitude that has suffered with the departure of Seubert and O'Hara.

Jacobs is a very good blocker in the passing game.

The offense was rolling in the 2nd quarter....and then Killdrive put him on ice, and the offense fizzled.

I love Bradshaw, but this was another bullshit gameplan by Killdrive....this offense is in real danger of losing it's confidence and identity.

The offense works so much better with Jacobs in, IMO. He's about a thousand times better a blocker than Ahmad and he's assured to get 1 yard solely by dragging a guy. I've hated on Jacobs in the past because I believe (and to some extent still do) that he is a one trick pony. He's looked good- better than Bradshaw- since the end of last season and into this season, though. I do, however, CONSTANTLY worry about his intensity and stupidity costing us penalty yardage, though, because it seems to happen at least 3 times per season with him.

I would love to know if someone has ever kept track of the offense's success with Jacobs compared to Bradshaw in a purely yards per play capacity. I would assume that our numbers are better in the passing game with Jacobs and slightly better in the running game with Bradshaw. Bradshaw continues to disappoint me with his lack of production as a receiving running back.....it seems like he should be a guy that you could throw a screen or swing pass to every now and then and he's going to pick up solid yard. But it's not the case. Bradshaw is a poor, at best, receiving option, which is why I think you see DJ Ware a lot on third and long.

I was astonished to see that Jacobs was (I think*) 3rd in the NFL in YPC with 5.2 which is 07-08 form Jacobs. He's a dude that needs to be touching the ball at least 15 times a game. Hell! The Giants are a team that should be running the ball AT LEAST 30 times a game. Instead we end up somewhere in between with Jacobs getting like 6 touches and Bradshaw getting 15+......Bradshaw needs to be carrying the ball from our 20 to their 20. Jacobs needs to be running the ball any other time. I think it might be as simple as that. No "here's a series for Brandon, here's a series for Ahmad" and "here's a gratuitous 3rd and long touch for Ware". It's entirely too predictable that way.

I wish NFL teams were coached by a fans by committee system because I know if we simply divided the plays out mathematically, we could have had more production from the offense.

I just want 50/50 reps for bj and 44

It won't happen though. Gilbride is absolutely horrible at divvying up carries for his halfbacks.....whatever way it goes it will be about 2/3s for one back, 1/4 for the 2nd, and the 3rd and longs for the 3rd back.....

And Darell Scott gets, as my mom and grandmother have always said: "What the little birdy left on the fence...."

Such a shame.

Youre right Storm. Thirty rushes a game should be the minimum for a team with 2 backs like jacobs and bradshaw. That along with the pass rush was and still should be this teams identity. Im not sure they still see it that way but they need to figure it out quickly.

Youre right Storm. Thirty rushes a game should be the minimum for a team with 2 backs like jacobs and bradshaw. That along with the pass rush was and still should be this teams identity. Im not sure they still see it that way but they need to figure it out quickly.

The lack of blitzing was appalling! It was friggin Rex Grossman. MAKE him beat you! They should have been blitzing nearly every 2nd and 3rd down!

The lack of blitzing was appalling! It was friggin Rex Grossman. MAKE him beat you! They should have been blitzing nearly every 2nd and 3rd down!

Fuck yeah. It was obvious to everyone that the D.C. receivers were having no trouble finding soft spots in that 7 man zone the Giants ran on almost every defensive play. I suggested on the gameday thread that the Giants may have too many inexperienced players to run their full scheme, hence no blitzes.... but on second thought, if what you're doing is clearly going to FAIL... do something different. You're going to fail anyway, at least try something else that may have a shot, even if just a long shot.

Especially with Rex "This Is Going Deep" Grossman. This happens a few games a year though with the Giants where they just brain shart one. Check the Colts and Packers game last year.

motivator8766019.jpg

I do not get it... we have that new BEAST of a TE and that big ass rookie FB... a monster in Jacobs and yet Gil cannot just line up and kick some ass with a power running game.

That's because in his heart of hearts, he still wants to go with that pussy run and shoot bullshit.