SportsWrath

Hey what if Greg Jones turns out to be an IMPACT player

JackStroud

from what I've seen so far he's way better than zach thomas........hes short but huge, zach thomas was undersized height and weight.............I'd compare him more to a Mike Singletary type body

Jones causes and collects fumbles, hes quick to the QB....he will make stops in the enemy backfield, and hes got a non stop motor

I did not even hope to hope he would get his shot so soon

wellllllllllllll he has it, lets see if he runs with it

he might freeze up and be tentative but my guess is no...........he'll be fine

from what I've seen so far he's way better than zach thomas........hes short but huge, zach thomas was undersized height and weight.............I'd compare him more to a Mike Singletary type body

Jones causes and collects fumbles, hes quick to the QB....he will make stops in the enemy backfield, and hes got a non stop motor

I did not even hope to hope he would get his shot so soon

wellllllllllllll he has it, lets see if he runs with it

he might freeze up and be tentative but my guess is no...........he'll be fine

Zach Thomas is a likely Hall of Famer. Jones has yet to play in a real game. Let's not get crazy.

Greg Jones 6 foot 248

Zach Thomas 5'11 242

Mike Singletary 6 foot 230

anyone listed as 5'11 is usually even smaller

Zach Thomas is not going into any halls of fame.......maybe you can enshrine him in your basement

are you nuts??????

Greg Jones looks like a Fnnnn BEAST

Have you seen his photos?

He might pack on more muscle and move up to 250-258 or so Brian Urlacher weight......

I think this kid is going to be a Black Clay Matthews

Hopefully Boley calls the signals and Jones just becomes a hunter/killer

When We drafted Jones I was like...meh.

But my freind who went to college with Jones had a huge boner for Jones and wouldn't shut up about how beast he is and what an amazing linebacker he was gonna be in the pros, an how we got an amazing steal.

I thought he was just a homer, but after watching him in preseason and listening to coaches and watching his body language.....I'm on board.

Book it, Jones for DROTY

Greg Jones 6 foot 248

Zach Thomas 5'11 242

Mike Singletary 6 foot 230

anyone listed as 5'11 is usually even smaller

Zach Thomas is not going into any halls of fame.......maybe you can enshrine him in your basement

are you nuts??????

Greg Jones looks like a Fnnnn BEAST

Have you seen his photos?

He might pack on more muscle and move up to 250-258 or so Brian Urlacher weight......

I think this kid is going to be a Black Clay Matthews

Hopefully Boley calls the signals and Jones just becomes a hunter/killer

Zach Thomas has been to eight Pro Bowls and has over a 1000 tackles in his career. He has more tackles than any linebacker currently in the Hall. Thomas is a 7-time All Pro. He ranks 4th all time for tackles in NFL history.

You are saying a guy who has yet to make his first tackle in a real NFL game is better than Zach Thomas, and are saying I'm nuts for saying Thomas is likely going into the Hall of Fame. Out of all the asinine things you've said... this one is close to the top. But, since Jones is 6' and 248 lbs... he's going to be, in your words, way better than Zach Thomas... of course you are not just basing this opinion on his size, also his play in preseason games against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Let the guy play at least a couple of games that matter before even saying he's worthy of future starter consideration, much less better than a 7 time All-Pro. :wacko::blink:

I believe in this group and that is something I haven't been able to say about the rest we've drafted in the past decade. This group looks and plays hungry. I'll rag on Greg Jones but remember that guys like Brandon Short and Dhani Jones rarely made the plays these guys have this preseason. Its actually been fun watching our linebackers for a change.

Ok good point.

Trust this guy though. He will surprisingly good.

Also J Will and Herzlich have bright futures.

Times have changed starting this year for the

LBers.

I am optimistic about Jones, fairly optimistic about Paysinger, and much less so about Williams and Herzlich. I will say this, all this talk about how great this current crop of rookie linebackers is going to be has already been said about Reggie Torbor, Bryan Kehl, Gerris Wilkerson, Zak DeOssie, Clint Sintim, and a whole bunch of other guys that have washed out. Let's just lower the expectations for now and enjoy finally getting to watch some football.

Let's not knock Torbor.

I actually liked Kehl alot, not gonna lie I thought he would be really good.

The rest are trash though, actually nah I liked Dhani Jones cuz he was cool.

Not knocking Torbor, he was good enough in '07, but none of those guys have been stand outs, which was my point.

We better develop some impact LBers

from what I saw of the Packers and what I've seen in the past of Pittsburg......having Impact LBers makes life so much easier all around

weve been trying to cover for our weak LBers for too long......nows the time for this groups to step up to the plate